What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
This is looking like another astute signing by Hook. We get to keep Clune & we get McGuire on a discount for 1.5 seasons.

MCGUIRE COULD HAVE PLAYED LAST GAME FOR COWBOYS

In other news, Josh McGuire could have played his last game for the Cowboys with the experienced forward expected to make a move to the Dragons by early next week.

McGuire (illness) has been ruled out of Sunday’s game with the Tigers and Read reports a departure from Townsville is imminent.

“The Josh McGuire negotiations continue with the Dragons,” he said on Triple M on Saturday.

“The likelihood is that it will be finalised at some point, if not over the weekend, early next week.

“He won’t play this weekend, he’s actually got an infection I believe in his elbow and he would have been 50/50 to play anyway.

“I think they’ve just decided that he’s probably not going to be there next week, he hasn’t played a lot of footy lately, it’s best to persist without him this weekend.

“I expect that in the coming days there will be an announcement he will be moving to St. George-Illawarra.”

There were reports of a player swap involving Adam Clune and Jake Clifford but the two clubs are set to come to a different agreement.

“The bigger issue there was money, because he’s (McGuire) on a big deal next year,” Read said.

“Basically the two parties had to agree on an amount the Cowboys would put in next season to make the deal palatable to St. George. That’s what they’re working on at the moment, finding an amount of money both sides can agree with.”

The Cowboys seem to be playing a lot better without him and Morgan.
Getting the games biggest grub will be easier to take if we don't lose Clune in the process.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It doesn't matter what I think...it matters what Griffin thinks...I quoted what I have been told....I will leave it at that.
What I have been told is he sees Hunt first and foremost as a halfback who also plays hooker for QLD should we require it. Like everyone here including Hook I wish this to remain the case. Let’s just hope we sign a backup hooker quick smart so I am not proven right...

Maddragon99

Juniors
What I have been told is he sees Hunt first and foremost as a halfback who also plays hooker for QLD should we require it. Like everyone here including Hook I wish this to remain the case. Let’s just hope we sign a backup hooker quick smart so I am not proven right...
Depending on what McCullough’s intentions are for 2022 there should be more than enough money to make a play for Brandon Smith, very good player at 9 or 13.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Reports Fifita looking for a gig in England

Josh McGuire has signed and will be announced tomoz

on an interesting thought if De Belin doesn’t get off do we offer Fifita a deal ?

Maddragon99

Juniors

on an interesting thought if De Belin doesn’t get off do we offer Fifita a deal ?
With an injury cloud of Lawrie perhaps he can step straight into the squad.

I think he’ll be another very good pickup for us. New club, fresh start just what he needs.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

If Debelin isn't cleared I'd probably use his money to have a decent crack at Brandon Smith. We are half a shot now with our improved form. That is by far our weakest position depth wise.

mickeylane

Bench
The puzzle is missing a 2nd rower, not a prop and possibly a 2nd hooker...

2021 Forwards
Props

Molo
Vaughan
Lawrie
Faumusulii
Alvaro
Ellis
Merrin? one more year

2nd Rowers
Sims
Kerr
Mcguire (Lock)
Fuimaono (Lock)
Ford
Burns

Lock
JDB?
Mcguire
Fuimaono

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
The puzzle is missing a 2nd rower, not a prop and possibly a 2nd hooker...

2021 Forwards
Props

Molo
Vaughan
Lawrie
Faumusulii
Ellis
Merrin? one more year

2nd Rowers
Sims
Kerr
Mcguire (Lock)
Fuimaono (Lock)
Ford
Burns

Lock
JDB?
Mcguire
Fuimaono
Before the season I had almost written off both Fuimaono & Merrin but both have played very well. Fuimaono definitely deserves a decent upgrade & extension. Merrin deserves another year if he wants a run in 2022. Number of veteran players will be thinking our premiership window will be open from next year.

BLM01

First Grade
Before the season I had almost written off both Fuimaono & Merrin but both have played very well. Fuimaono definitely deserves a decent upgrade & extension. Merrin deserves another year if he wants a run in 2022. Number of veteran players will be thinking our premiership window will be open from next year.
Must be me and whilst I agree with Fui, except for that show and go try last week i
I dont see Merrin has deserved an extension thus far. He has been OK but far from our better forwards.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Must be me and whilst I agree with Fui, except for that show and go try last week i
I dont see Merrin has deserved an extension thus far. He has been OK but far from our better forwards.
We need a few veterans in the pack & anyone from the 2010 team deserves respect. He may want to retire but I’m only saying if he wants to run around again next year he’s done enough to deserve a 12mth extension.

BLM01

First Grade
We need a few veterans in the pack & anyone from the 2010 team deserves respect. He may want to retire but I’m only saying if he wants to run around again next year he’s done enough to deserve a 12mth extension.
Respect from 2010 for what he dd that year Yes. Means nothing on the playing field in 2022 (12 years later) if not up to it or better options within. That is straight out of the Doust / Young and Mary reign.
Just ask the Wabbits and Adam Reynolds, they won a comp only 8 years ago.
But IMHO he has not done enough on field to date.

Latest posts