What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

LINESPEED

Juniors
Rumours OT are just that
But I suppose it is easy to ask that question after they have announced a different coach.
New rumour Flanno to roosters or dogs as an assistant

I see NRL 360 have Duff as a potential target for Fitzgibbon & Sharks

If we’re not careful
we’ll
hypothesise,
philosophise
theorise
pontificate
& overscrutinize
him out of our Club

.... & he’ll be busting us in a different jersey before the year’s out FFS.

Sadly it doesn’t look like the junior backs are ready for selection any time soon

... & with Williame
(for me inexplicably still)
in the way
& Norman becoming the new Lovechild of the Forum (WTF)
.... & with Sullivan’s hammy probably dodgy for 2021

we need him more than ever
&
should offer him a contract before we talk the Club out of it

...& rumour becomes reality

The media are bedazzled by him & I’m sure enjoying the ride
.... & we have no one ATM who can do what he did to the Fadeouts

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
The way that Barrett is going it would not surprise me if he was given the coaching role itself - who knows , he may even bring in John Morris as his assistant ?

Hmmm
Bulldog Flanno seems a good fit for the old hardnosed Berries’ culture

BTW
Dragons $2.25 top 8
$34 title
Bargain!

Last edited:

If we’re not careful
we’ll
hypothesise,
philosophise
theorise
pontificate
& overscrutinize
him out of our Club

Sadly it doesn’t look like the junior backs are ready for selection any time soon

... & with Williame
in the way

&

I'd swap him for Kennedy......in a heartbeat

getsmarty

Immortal

If we’re not careful
we’ll
hypothesise,
philosophise
theorise
pontificate
& overscrutinize
him out of our Club

... & with Williame
in the way

&

Its a juggling act...we have Ramsey and Sloan coming through and we need to create a pathway for them also....Someone will need to make some tough decisions.

Maddragon99

Juniors

If we’re not careful
we’ll
hypothesise,
philosophise
theorise
pontificate
& overscrutinize
him out of our Club

... & with Williame
in the way

&

Agreed the man love for Norman is a mystery to me as well, I can’t wait to see the back of him. It’s telling that a few clubs like Nth Qld really need halves yet no one has come knocking to enquire about Norman.

SAP58

Juniors
Agreed the man love for Norman is a mystery to me as well, I can’t wait to see the back of him. It’s telling that a few clubs like Nth Qld really need halves yet no one has come knocking to enquire about Norman.
Yep, no argument from me Norman is playing well but its what he should have shown for the past 2 yrs however having said that the previous coach destroyed more than one career. My view, if he keeps playing well a 1 year extension max if Hook doesnt consider the younger brigade are not ready for FG.

Gareth67

First Grade
Hot off the press - Rorters to make play for All-Black to help ease their injury woes .

I could not find a link to the story , however you will find the actual news item on FoxSports - NRL .

LINESPEED

Juniors
Its a juggling act...we have Ramsey and Sloan coming through and we need to create a pathway for them also....Someone will need to make some tough decisions.

Yes it’s interesting Getsmarty with the juniors & pathways

- but I do trust Hook’s judgment ATM - except I have some misgivings about Williame over Feagai,
... although I do get the forward cover offered to some extent - despite the 10 minute only? cameos

I’d hoped Max would’ve had first crack at No 3, as he was sort of the incumbent at year’s end and was playing well IMO.

He & Ramsay were the breath of fresh air we’d waited so long for

But of course Bird & Williame have seemingly blocked this pathway
.... & I do hope the twins don’t get fed up & leave, as their pedigree is excellent

...& Max is the second highest try scorer with excellent run metres in NRL reserves

....despite being in a very average performing team.

He was the standout in the reserves vs Sharks IMO - in the only game I’ve been able to get to.

There must soon be some backline rotation of sorts surely - but not Williame
....if we’re serious about pathways.

Preparation for contingencies is what consistency of team performance in the long haul is all about.

And it takes a very confident (& secure) coach to experiment with different players in a winning side
.... to execute different game plans & strategies against some very different top 8 teams.

Picking horses for courses if you like.
Which is how top coaches strategise

Early days yet I know

Our centres are doing well ATM, but Bird intimated his move to the forwards might be inevitable.

So
Some limited onfield soft shoe shuffle occasionally?

Hook has a reputation for bringing juniors through

(& they’re my special bitch as usual)
.... but I sincerely hope his seeming predilection for more experienced players thus far
has nothing to do with the pressure to perform and achieve instant results because of the insecurities of a 2 year contract.

After 2 years we don’t want to be left with old farts and a coop bereft of talented juniors who’ve left for ‘other opportunities’.

(the euphemism for failed pathways)

If Norman & Bird (& Hunt) are retained in the backline longterm then we may lose the essential pathway for a bevy of purported backline stars in the making.

As you say, tough decisions have to be made, but we need to err on the side of the future IMO

A title this year might ameliorate the talent losses looming

... but FFS look what we were left with in the catastrophic decade after 2010

We need to aim to be consistent top 4
- and that requires at least 24 players ready and fully conditioned & prepared to slot in seamlessly to respond to any eventuality?

Depth
with real experience
please Hook!

...and I’m talking backline

-where the failure to renew & renovate destroyed many a soul
& almost a Club

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Yes it’s interesting Getsmarty with the juniors & pathways

- but I do trust Hook’s judgment ATM - except I have some misgivings about Williame over Feagai,
... although I do get the forward cover offered to some extent - despite the 10 minute only? cameos

I’d hoped Max would’ve had first crack at No 3, as he was sort of the incumbent at year’s end and was playing well IMO.

He & Ramsay were the breath of fresh air we’d waited so long for

But of course Bird & Williame have seemingly blocked this pathway
.... & I do hope the twins don’t get fed up & leave, as their pedigree is excellent

...& Max is the second highest try scorer with excellent run metres in NRL reserves

....despite being in a very average performing team.

He was the standout in the reserves vs Sharks IMO - in the only game I’ve been able to get to.

There must soon be some backline rotation of sorts surely - but not Williame
....if we’re serious about pathways.

Preparation for contingencies is what consistency of team performance in the long haul is all about.

And it takes a very confident (& secure) coach to experiment with different players in a winning side
.... to execute different game plans & strategies against some very different top 8 teams.

Picking horses for courses if you like.
Which is how top coaches strategise

Early days yet I know

Our centres are doing well ATM, but Bird intimated his move to the forwards might be inevitable.

So
Some limited onfield soft shoe shuffle occasionally?

Hook has a reputation for bringing juniors through

(& they’re my special bitch as usual)
.... but I sincerely hope his seeming predilection for more experienced players thus far
has nothing to do with the pressure to perform and achieve instant results because of the insecurities of a 2 year contract.

After 2 years we don’t want to be left with old farts and a coop bereft of talented juniors who’ve left for ‘other opportunities’.

(the euphemism for failed pathways)

If Norman & Bird (& Hunt) are retained in the backline longterm then we may lose the essential pathway for a bevy of purported backline stars in the making.

As you say, tough decisions have to be made, but we need to err on the side of the future IMO

A title this year might ameliorate the talent losses looming

... but FFS look what we were left with in the catastrophic decade after 2010

We need to aim to be consistent top 4
- and that requires at least 24 players ready and fully conditioned & prepared to slot in seamlessly to respond to any eventuality?

Depth
with real experience
please Hook!
Feagai’s will get their chance but right now we can’t criticise a winning formula.

I’m sure Hook has a plan

Latest posts