What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragons4me

Juniors
Wow, Fitzy is unproven in NRL yet they have him as a top NRL coach already. With the Sharks high standards, making the 8 is not good enough, he needs to win the comp to please them, so he is definitely not guaranteed to go the 3 year distance. He may even get sacked after 10 rounds knowing the Sharks. If they signed Flannagan they would have had more pull in the market seeing he is a premiership winning coach. I don't see how a new coach like Fitzy would have more pull over someone who has got their team in the 8 or there about's. Look at Trent Barrett. Worst start in their history and everyone had them as a threat because of him.

Price came in under Bennett, then you have Holbrook, O'Brien, Siebold was the next big thing etc and they are not guarantee premiership winning coaches that is for sure. The best coaches in the game are still Bennett, Bellamy, Robbo and possibly Stuart all who have been in the game more than a season or 2. I suppose you can throw Cleary up there as well but again this is not his first gig and still without a winning a comp. They would still get their man ahead of Fitzy if push came to shove.

This. Good post!!

Dragons4me

Juniors
Good luck to Fitzy I suppose. I suggest it's easier when he currently operates using Uncle Nick's unlimited funds at his disposal who manages to get everything and everyone they want (including NRL preferable treatment). Money talks and no-one ever says no to Uncle Nick.
Let's see how you go starting at the bottom with the Sharks Fitzy. A call to Trent Barrett might give you a reality check.

FlameThrower

Bench
Good luck to Fitzy I suppose. I suggest it's easier when he currently operates using Uncle Nick's unlimited funds at his disposal who manages to get everything and everyone they want (including NRL preferable treatment). Money talks and no-one ever says no to Uncle Nick.
Let's see how you go starting at the bottom with the Sharks Fitzy. A call to Trent Barrett might give you a reality check.
I’ve said it before, but I don’t understand this admiration for Fitz as a SuperCoach in waiting. He was given the keys to new Ferrari with fully stocked workshop and top tier mechanics on hand. He only needed to keep it humming and maintain it. Give it a detail and cruise. The Sharks are like a 1980 XD Falcon, needing a major engine pulldown and rebuild. Gearbox and tail shaft are gone and the electrics are playing up. Rust everywhere and the interior needs full refitting. Good luck to him...

Dragon David

First Grade
Well after being under the wings of the Rooster Robbo for such a long time, it will be time for Fitzy to do his own flying and leave the cosy nest of the Roosters coop next year. Instead of cocka doodle dooing, he will be swimming with the fish and as such, will he drown in the mire with all the weight on his shoulders? I don't think so.

The thing is, I am sure that he will do well particularly as he has served a very long apprenticeship at the Roosters and being the defensive coach will know what structures to put into place with the playing group he will inherit/recruit. He certainly would know what players he needs so there will be fun and games with their retention/recruitment for next year.

Dragons4me

Juniors
I’ve said it before, but I don’t understand this admiration for Fitz as a SuperCoach in waiting. He was given the keys to new Ferrari with fully stocked workshop and top tier mechanics on hand. He only needed to keep it humming and maintain it. Give it a detail and cruise. The Sharks are like a 1980 XD Falcon, needing a major engine pulldown and rebuild. Gearbox and tail shaft are gone and the electrics are playing up. Rust everywhere and the interior needs full refitting. Good luck to him...

Good post. Exactly!.

Gareth67

First Grade
Hot of the press , from our man on the street in a suburb near you !

Apparently Walters will be the next coach shown the door . But he will at least have a part-time gig with none other than our ex- maestro assisting him to prepare the under 19 Blues side , in the SOO series . :flushed:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Hot of the press , from our man on the street in a suburb near you !

Apparently Walters will be the next coach shown the door . But he will at least have a part-time gig with none other than our ex- maestro assisting him to prepare the under 19 Blues side , in the SOO series . :flushed:
Yeah I could just imagine Walters coaching NSW seems highly likely.

RedVDave

First Grade
I'd laugh my ass off if Bronx only win 3 games or less this year didn't he and his wife call the board a pack of C#@$_ for hiring Siebold over him and he could of done a better job.

To be fair though very few coaches could turn that mess around but hey it's the Bronx so I'm not exactly dripping in compassion here.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Rumour I’m hearing is we got a few targets for 2022

Griffin is interested in Anthony Milford on 50 - 60 percent less that what he is on now
Dane Gagai also has been discussed
Toby Rudolf and Kurt Capewell are both priority signatures
Whilst the Dragons are sniffing around the situation regarding Nathan Brown at Parra

BIG RIG

Juniors
Also in regards to Merrin’s retirement - Dragons are still interested in Andrew Fifita for the remainder of 2021

But things could change when De Belin case is done - if he does not get off then Dragons open up more cap space