What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Cartwright has been playing well for Parra this year it may just be a salary issue as he is on 150K this year

Having said that we don't need him

Burns is predominantly a centre but can play wing well

I think he will stay at South's if they don't re sign Gagai

I see Burns as another of the "Moneyball", highly-regarded, but in this case injury-prone cheapies our club seems to be investing in. Definitely a centre-not a winger, and could be a hint that Hook wants to move Bird permanently into the back row- particularly after the underwhelming performances of Kerr and Burns in those positions.

kit66

Bench
Jordan Periera off to the Broncos on a 2 year deal

I've only just noticed this, is that from 2022 ?
He's a very handy player Periera, I'm sorry to see him go. He's shown more this year than Ramsey but obviously the coaches disagree. Good pick up for the Broncos, hopefully he reaches his full potential.
Periera, Saab and Garrick, all gone and we're stuck with Cody the Wonder Boy. Fk me.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Y
He's a very handy player Periera, I'm sorry to see him go. He's shown more this year than Ramsey but obviously the coaches disagree. Good pick up for the Broncos, hopefully he reaches his full potential.
Periera, Saab and Garrick, all gone and we're stuck with Cody the Wonder Boy. Fk me.
You are right into Cody tonight mate😂

Agreed Kit66, Ramsey is not NRL ready.

How many minutes has he played so far?

perhaps we should cut the young man some slack.

Jordan Pereira has never been, nor will he be a top flight NRL winger.

The Duffman has been an enigma for the past 3 years.

Give the kid a season to adapt.

If Cody fails to reach the dizzy heights of Jordan, fair enough.

One thing is certain however. Cody is a better defender than Matt. I suspect they are similar under the bomb. The kid has speed. Before we castrate him, it would be nice to give him a chance to excel.

St Tangles

Bench

One thing is certain however. Cody is a better defender than Matt. I suspect they are similar under the bomb. The kid has speed. Before we castrate him, it would be nice to give him a chance to excel.
Spot on

Old Timer

Coach
Pereira reach his full potential FFS he is a tortoise.
Yes he has guts, determination, strength along with poor hands and absolutely no pace.
There is a reason in fact 15 of them why he is going to the Bronco's.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

I’ve seen Ponga have plenty of shockers where he’s made a heap of errors but the Knights fans aren’t death riding him. I barely seen one person comment on what was a pretty spectacular finish in the corner or some of the footwork he put on. People in here’s eyes are calibrated for negative aspects, aspects I believe are easily fixed, just like Brett Morris fixed his, Rava fixed his and the list goes on. I’m not saying Ramsey is the answer but can we at least give him a couple of seasons before we bag the shit out of him.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I’ve seen Ponga have plenty of shockers where he’s made a heap of errors but the Knights fans aren’t death riding him. I barely seen one person comment on what was a pretty spectacular finish in the corner or some of the footwork he put on. People in here’s eyes are calibrated for negative aspects, aspects I believe are easily fixed, just like Brett Morris fixed his, Rava fixed his and the list goes on. I’m not saying Ramsey is the answer but can we at least give him a couple of seasons before we bag the shit out of him.
Fully agree. Plenty of good judges within the Dragons organisation have for years been tagging Ramsey as a future star, so they must be seeing something over a long period of time to say that he has the qualities needed for FG. I am prepared to give him a bit more time.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
there is a lot of junior footage on youtube of Ramsey passing and hitting holes running from fullback. He just needs to keep working this at first grade level. He also needs to put on more weight and strength as he is easily managed by defenders on kick returns and has not shown much improvement to Dufty in 1:1 tackles. He does appear to read the play and have better defensive hunger which is where Dufty tends to go MIA.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
there is a lot of junior footage on youtube of Ramsey passing and hitting holes running from fullback. He just needs to keep working this at first grade level. He also needs to put on more weight and strength as he is easily managed by defenders on kick returns and has not shown much improvement to Dufty in 1:1 tackles. He does appear to read the play and have better defensive hunger which is where Dufty tends to go MIA.
He just needs the confidence to do those things at FG level. I have seen him start to pull out some tricks with mixed success admittedly but once he nails a few of these he should start playing with a lot more confidence. I also agree his reading of the game is very good, and I have even seen him wrap up a few blokes and take them over the sideline with absolutely no credit given on here because he’s not scoring 100 meter tries yet. He will probably never be the attacking player Dufty is but he will be no slouch and I believe he has the potential to be a more complete player. I’m definitely not saying he will but we can’t write him off just yet.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I see Jack Bird gave him a few words of encouragement he did react might have been castigating himself over dropping bomb. But didn't sulk a positive in young people.