What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

I WONDER if we are considering in Gareth as a $400k pa 5/8 Fullback ? ie a snr smart player that can play either position if our young guys need a little more time next season or get injured?

ie $800k pa Norman gone and $350k pa Dufty gone and then have Ramsey, Sullivan, Amone, Sloane and Widdop? Plenty of depth and some can play wing anyway
I would definitely consider Widdop for a good price. His Fullback days are long gone but he would be a perfect stop gap until Sullivan/Amone are ready. Normally I’d be worried about his injury history but we have guys that are close enough to ready they could fill in here or there.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I am back from the forest. It was great to catch up with Owen. He is looking so well, full of winter feathers, happy and healthy.
We were sitting under his favourite tree staring at the moon. Own was having a dead lizard and I was enjoying a tomato plant. All of a sudden a rabbit ran past us when Owen said to me
"Calm One can I speak"
I said to him, "It will be a pleasure to hear your words of wisdom my featured friend"
Owen said, "Calm One, rabbits are funny things, very good at breeding, always multiplying. Actually there are to many of them over Redfern way, so a couple of the will be hopping over to the Dragons"
Stay calm.
Braidon Burns has been mentioned along with George Burgess. Jaydon Su'a could slot in well

Crush

Coach

I WONDER if we are considering in Gareth as a $400k pa 5/8 Fullback ? ie a snr smart player that can play either position if our young guys need a little more time next season or get injured?

ie $800k pa Norman gone and $350k pa Dufty gone and then have Ramsey, Sullivan, Amone, Sloane and Widdop? Plenty of depth and some can play wing anyway
Please no. Injury prone, too old, left us mid contract whilst captain.
Next.

BLM01

First Grade

I dont understand why would we be considering Widdop?. Were not even the 2 clubs interested in the article
Loved him when he played for us but his time is nearly over and we have moved on and should show more foresight than that
We needed him a few years ago..but not now

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons clear way for Widdop to join Raiders or Warriors

SIGNINGS

Dragons clear way for Widdop to join Raiders or Warriors​

Author Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter Timestamp Tue 15 Jun 2021, 07:01 PM
Brad Walter

Share on social media​

St George Illawarra have advised Gareth Widdop's manager they would not stand in the way of Canberra or the Warriors signing the former Dragons captain if he returns from England before the end of the season.
Widdop, who was last week added to England's World Cup train-on squad, was released by St George Illawarra at the end of the 2019 season to join Warrington but the Dragons retained an option on his services for the remaining two years of his contract if he returned to the NRL.

The playmaker's homesick family moved back to Wollongong last year and he has been desperately trying to find an NRL club without success.
However, the departure of English halfback George Williams from Canberra and season-ending injury to Warriors playmaker Chanel Harris-Tavita may have opened the door for Widdop to return and both clubs have expressed interest in his services.
Warrington have been linked with Williams and it is believed they are willing to release Widdop if he had an NRL club to play for.

If Widdop was to receive an offer from Canberra or the Warriors, the Dragons have given his manager an assurance that they would not stand in his way of securing a deal to return to the NRL.

The Raiders are also monitoring the form of out-of-favour St George Illawarra fullback Matt Dufty, who toured the club's facilities and met with coach Ricky Stuart last Thursday.

However, the club is yet to decide whether to make an offer to Dufty, who along with Dragons five-eighth Corey Norman has been told that he will not be offered a new deal for next season.

It is unlikely that the Raiders would be interested in Norman or Cronulla playmaker Shaun Johnson if they don't sign Widdop.
Meanwhile, the Warriors are waiting to hear back from Canterbury if they will release former New Zealand captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak as a replacement for Ken Maumalo, who has joined Wests Tigers.
Watene-Zelezniak is contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of next season but the club has signed Melbourne, NSW and Australia winger Josh Addo-Carr.

If he was to join the Warriors, Watene-Zelezniak would play on the wing as they recruited teen Reece Walsh as their long-term fullback earlier this season after captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck accepted an offer from Rugby New Zealand to switch codes in 2022.

Craig93

Juniors
I am back from the forest. It was great to catch up with Owen. He is looking so well, full of winter feathers, happy and healthy.
We were sitting under his favourite tree staring at the moon. Own was having a dead lizard and I was enjoying a tomato plant. All of a sudden a rabbit ran past us when Owen said to me
"Calm One can I speak"
I said to him, "It will be a pleasure to hear your words of wisdom my featured friend"
Owen said, "Calm One, rabbits are funny things, very good at breeding, always multiplying. Actually there are to many of them over Redfern way, so a couple of the will be hopping over to the Dragons"
Stay calm.

Im leanings towards Sua, Burns, Burgess. Maybe not all 3 but Burgess would almost be a lock going off the comment of breeding and multiplying

Latest posts