What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Tbh there's no need for Norman to be selected in the squad from now on. Imo he was only selected because he put his hand up for goal kicks, and even then he was, well not up to standard.
Now that Lomax is back, and the fact young Sullivan took the last shot at goal against the Bunnies, suggests Norman, like Dufty, are now excess to our future.

dungay dragon

Juniors
yep FCD knew Hook would pick him ...
Me , would've gone for a combo between Clune Sullivan Bird Amone for this game
Other Coaches... i dont think the leading brigade inc Bellamy Robinson Cleary would have a bar of him given the perception of his on field attitude ...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
yep FCD knew Hook would pick him ...
Me , would've gone for a combo between Clune Sullivan Bird Amone for this game
Other Coaches... i dont think the leading brigade inc Bellamy Robinson Cleary would have a bar of him given the perception of his on field attitude ...
They would have shafted him by now but right this very match I still think most to all coaches would have picked him after Sullivan missed 9. He played pretty well on the weekend and is the least defensive liability. I know it’s not a popular opinion on here but my posts rarely are. I’m more confused with Bird at 1, I’d honestly rather Dufty.

dungay dragon

Juniors
They would have shafted him by now but right this very match I still think most to all coaches would have picked him after Sullivan missed 9. He played pretty well on the weekend and is the least defensive liability. I know it’s not a popular opinion on here but my posts rarely are. I’m more confused with Bird at 1, I’d honestly rather Dufty.
Thinking ramsey or dufty will be there and bird in centres with lomax..
smokescreen

thebigredv

First Grade
We are pathetic.

How is it that for all the talent and $ we have let go we can't sign one marquee player? We have too much ground to be catching up to be signing players like Mbye.

Let mediocrity reign.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I am probably wrong, but I reckon if the Tigers pay 30%-40% of the freight he might be good value as a utility. I am thinking that they are looking at him to use in the hooker rotation, which again I am fine with. He can cover a number of positions, he is still young enough, he is still sharp enough. I am not opposed to this signing at the right price and for the right timeframe. If he exceeds our expectations then he can earn an extension. If not, so what?

I really like the look of the young kids coming through but they have to be looked after and nurtured properly. At the end of this season I am hopeful we can say:

i. Ramsay - has had good 1st grade exposure. Has a good attitude but needs another 5-7 kg's.
ii. Sloan - see above. Looks really good.
iii. Amone - I like him but I am not sure where he plays.
iv. Sullivan - could be the best of the them all (could be). Has been injured all year so hard to judge his last 2 games. Does need to put some weight on his frame.
v. Fegai Twins - big enough, fast enough. Just need exposure and self belief.

They won't all flourish and they won't all "make it" at the same time. Drip feed them and ensure they all have + 25 1st grade games going into 2023.

As an aside, in 2022 Zac Lomax will have been in the 1st grade squad for 5 years. I would like to see him become the "special one" at some stage. I have not seen that much special about a player we had to tie up for 5 years!

BLM01

First Grade
I am probably wrong, but I reckon if the Tigers pay 30%-40% of the freight he might be good value as a utility. I am thinking that they are looking at him to use in the hooker rotation, which again I am fine with. He can cover a number of positions, he is still young enough, he is still sharp enough. I am not opposed to this signing at the right price and for the right timeframe. If he exceeds our expectations then he can earn an extension. If not, so what?

I really like the look of the young kids coming through but they have to be looked after and nurtured properly. At the end of this season I am hopeful we can say:

i. Ramsay - has had good 1st grade exposure. Has a good attitude but needs another 5-7 kg's.
iv. Sullivan - could be the best of the them all (could be). Has been injured all year so hard to judge his last 2 games. Does need to put some weight on his frame.

They won't all flourish and they won't all "make it" at the same time. Drip feed them and ensure they all have + 25 1st grade games going into 2023.

As an aside, in 2022 Zac Lomax will have been in the 1st grade squad for 5 years. I would like to see him become the "special one" at some stage. I have not seen that much special about a player we had to tie up for 5 years!
This is Zacs 3rd full year which he has missed a large chunk of and only his 2nd in his right position
I even think he started at fullback in 2020 thanks to dunderhead
But let’s stretch it for the narrative and make it sound worse than it is

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
This is Zacs 3rd full year which he has missed a large chunk of and only his 2nd in his right position
I even think he started at fullback in 2020 thanks to dunderhead
But let’s stretch it for the narrative and make it sound worse than it is
Maths isn't my strong point, but I do recall him debuting in 2018. (2018 + 2019 + 2020 + 2021+ 2022 = 5 seasons).

No narrative here mate. These are cold hard facts and they are not in dispute. Injuries, playing out of position, being coached by a moron are all part and parcel of the journey. But the journey enters it's 5th season of 1st grade in 2022. These facts are not in dispute. What is in dispute is if the young'ish man can start to deliver on his "potential". I for one, would love to see that potential realised. But I am starting to grow weary of the narrative around Zac Lomax. It is starting to read as a work of fiction.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade

What we all need to acknowledge is, due to lack of reserve grade the past 2 seasons , the number of games that Sullivan, Amone, Sloan & the fegai's have played against men. I doubt it would be more than a dozen and that is the reason Hook is reluctant for them to start two games in a row. I'm happy with that as he has far more experience & information on how to bring juniors on. The Mbye signing is to cover for all as well as hooker.

Latest posts