What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Drag Queen

Bench
drag queen. I met mr facer through a friend of my father baden wales who was on the board the first thing he said to a young player was WHY do you want to play for saints if he did not like the answer no matter how good you were that was it.i only ever said one of two words to him YES SIR OR NO SIR.but ill tell you when he said something people listened he was a great saints man I wish we could clone him.
A man who commands respect rather than demanding it jak. It's rare these days.

jak

Bench
OT, so on the weekend I was lining up at Westfield to get the kids santa photo and I was stood behind this well built young bloke that looked like your stock standard nrl player, sleeve tats etc.
I couldn't place who he was until I looked at his tattoo which said Lichaa 1993.
Did players back in the "good ol days" have sleeve tats with their name and D.O.B. ?
Imagine.
your lucky it wasn't dugan that would be like reading war and peace.

Drag Queen

Bench
your lucky it wasn't dugan that would be like reading war and peace.
I have a son of comparable age. He too has quite a few tatts, but nothing like Duges. I've often thought that Duges is a troubled young bloke and this is his way of expressing it. Reading his article/interview in the DT over the weekend he felt he was the best fit at FB with us, although he conceded he would play whatever position was required from him from the Sharks because they offered a longer contract. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but so many young blokes today seem lost mentally. We want them to be mature when in reality many aren't. I look at my own son and despair sometimes at his poor decisions. I also have a couple of younger daughters who are thriving. Sorry to be an agony aunt but I feel some compassion for the tattooed bloke. For most people he is looked upon as a role model for a lot of younger blokes. Big shoes to fill when he hasn't even worked it out himself. I'm hoping the barrage of insults aren't coming my way...

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I have son of comparable age. He too has quite a few tatts, but nothing like Duges. I've often thought that Duges is a troubled young bloke and this is his way of expressing it. Reading his article/interview in the DT over the weekend he felt like he was the best fit at FB with the us, although he conceded he would play whatever position was required from him from the Sharks because they offered a longer contract. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but so many young blokes today seem lost mentally. We want them to be mature when in reality many aren't. I look at my own son and despair sometimes at his poor decisions. I also have a couple of younger daughters who are thriving. Sorry to be an agony aunt but I feel some compassion for the tattooed bloke. For most people he is looked upon as a role model for a lot of younger blokes. Big shoes to fill when he hasn't even worked it out himself. I'm hoping the barrage of insults aren't coming my way...
In today's society, mental health is one of the biggest health issues we face, they way society works today with all the social media, new technologies supposedly to improve our work/private life, it has added more pressure, that little thing we hold in our hands the mobile phone is one of the major culprits, contactable 24/7, social media pinging every 3 seconds with a notification, work emails available, work doesnt end on Friday 5pm anymore, that's just for the normal John Citizen, the sportsman/woman the pressure is 10 fold, with people goating you to fights etc or filming your every move waiting for you to F'Up so they can plaster it all over social media, its obvious some of these guys are not mature enough yet to handle it and bring it on themselves, but as they get older they will eventually figure it out..Hopefully....

Drag Queen

Bench
In today's society, mental health is one of the biggest health issues we face, they way society works today with all the social media, new technologies supposedly to improve our work/private life, it has added more pressure, that little thing we hold in our hands the mobile phone is one of the major culprits, contactable 24/7, social media pinging every 3 seconds with a notification, work emails available, work doesnt end on Friday 5pm anymore, that's just for the normal John Citizen, the sportsman/woman the pressure is 10 fold, with people goating you to fights etc or filming your every move waiting for you to F'Up so they can plaster it all over social media, its obvious some of these guys are not mature enough yet to handle it and bring it on themselves, but as they get older they will eventually figure it out..Hopefully....
Here's hoping mate.
Spot on.

Bench
Lurker has posted that there is a rumour that Trent Merrin is being shipped around by the Panthers.

Life's Good

Coach
Lurker has posted that there is a rumour that Trent Merrin is being shipped around by the Panthers.
It is the Lurker so not too sure about credibility. Having said that you would think Penrith are looking to ease a bit of cap pressure and have weighed up whether Merrin is worth the $$ they are paying. I reckon they should look to move Tamou instead.

Gareth67

First Grade
It is the Lurker so not too sure about credibility. Having said that you would think Penrith are looking to ease a bit of cap pressure and have weighed up whether Merrin is worth the $$ they are paying. I reckon they should look to move Tamou instead.

Merrion would not surprise me , however I agree Lif's Good with Tamou . The bloke has not been setting the world on fire at Penrith . No doubting he is a big unit , but just does not seem to have that ' fire in his belly ' that is required in a front line prop .

Dragonsteve2

Juniors

If true, it would be ironic that Gould bought Jamie then Trent from us proclaiming the great value of both of them then fails to see them really fire at the Panthers. When Merrin left the Dragons he should have had the best years of his career ahead of him. Perhaps a lesson for those who always think the grass is greener elsewhere. I can remember when Gasnier was retiring he pointed to Merrin as a future Dragons' captain. Merrin being moved on would be an interesting outcome leaving the Dragons, Panthers and Merrin all worse off because his initial move. Could Sally have been the only winner from it all?

getsmarty

Immortal
If true, it would be ironic that Gould bought Jamie then Trent from us proclaiming the great value of both of them then fails to see them really fire at the Panthers. When Merrin left the Dragons he should have had the best years of his career ahead of him. Perhaps a lesson for those who always think the grass is greener elsewhere. I can remember when Gasnier was retiring he pointed to Merrin as a future Dragons' captain. Merrin being moved on would be an interesting outcome leaving the Dragons, Panthers and Merrin all worse off because his initial move. Could Sally have been the only winner from it all?

Not the first player to make this mistake ....Justin Poore