What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Can Lucie Leilua who Mary jettisoned or was he poached by the Tigers be swayed to return to his spiritual home. He is looking for an upgrade but the Tigers board is evidently procrastinating. Probably salary cap pressure. Lucie showed touches of quality before leaving us. Reckon he is a notch up from that now. I expect tho with Griffin's policy of buying cheap Lucie has priced himself out of the Dragons market.

denis preston

First Grade
Can Lucie Leilua who Mary jettisoned or was he poached by the Tigers be swayed to return to his spiritual home. He is looking for an upgrade but the Tigers board is evidently procrastinating. Probably salary cap pressure. Lucie showed touches of quality before leaving us. Reckon he is a notch up from that now. I expect tho with Griffin's policy of buying cheap Lucie has priced himself out of the Dragons market.
My Tigers mates tell me he hasn't improved his defence at all and tended to go missing in games. Sounds like he hasn't improved at all. Wouldn't improve the culture if he came back. Definite no from me.

blacksafake

First Grade
Apparently asking for 700k
Not worth anywhere near that

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Apparently asking for 700k
Not worth anywhere near that
I loved his attack but I wasn’t sad to see him go. He always looked to me like someone who would never reach their potential. There were some signs early at the Tigers I thought I may be proven wrong but time has started to confirm my suspicions. In saying that there is still time but he should be getting mentioned for NSW contention by now but in reality he’s not in the top 10-20 in his position.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
We have supposedly signed Jack A Williams the half from Cronulla on a train and trial deal

Interesting if so.
Pulled this from his profile from the Sharks:

Biography:
A local junior from the De La Salle Caringbah Club and Endeavour Sports High, what he lacks in size he makes up for with his courage and tenacity. A strong defender, had limited opportunity in 2020 with the shut down of the second tier competition but with a potential switch from the halves to hooker, 2021 could be the year he earns a promotion to the top grade.

What caught my eye was the "potential switch from halves to hooker" comment. Generally, he's a 5/8, and co-incidentally has the nickname Junior, same as Amone.

Gareth67

First Grade
With the signings the Dragons have made it appears that just about every position is covered for season 2022 , more so the spine .

Some of these may be towards the back-end of their careers , however that is compensated by the middle age recruits such as Su’a , Molo and Suli , all of whom could truly make an impact if Griffin is able to get them playing as a team .

With a decent draw and a minimum of injuries perhaps the Big Red V could surprise.