What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

ouryear

Juniors
With a few rule changes/interpretations being announced for this season, are tries from kicks still worth 4 points?
Hey, Mary is a nugget for making excuses about tries from kicks.
However, I seriously think they should be worth less, not all are boring, but 5 tackles then put it up... is a bit dull and predictable.

Maybe they can still be 4 points but no conversion attempt.

Personally, I find it boring.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hey, Mary is a nugget for making excuses about tries from kicks.
However, I seriously think they should be worth less, not all are boring, but 5 tackles then put it up... is a bit dull and predictable.

Maybe they can still be 4 points but no conversion attempt.

Personally, I find it boring.

I don't mind punting the ball during a game but l'd rather we punt our coach fulltime!

Gareth67

First Grade
Reading in today's Tele Sport that St.Helens have no intention of allowing Ben Barba to walk away from his contract and that he WILL remain at the club until the end of 2019 season .

Such a shame , more so for the Sharks who - still have room to move under our salary cap . That sounds familiar, I know I have heard that before somewhere ?

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
Reading in today's Tele Sport that St.Helens have no intention of allowing Ben Barba to walk away from his contract and that he WILL remain at the club until the end of 2019 season .

Don't mind UK clubs enforcing contracts for aussie players that are unable to play for the NRL. I would presume Barba is able to return to the NRL in 2019.

No issue with players going overseas however, It's a bit rich to dump the club that has given them a contract.

Gareth67

First Grade
Don't mind UK clubs enforcing contracts for aussie players that are unable to play for the NRL. I would presume Barba is able to return to the NRL in 2019.

No issue with players going overseas however, It's a bit rich to dump the club that has given them a contract.

Yes that is so right SEAT 1A , those particular players who go to the ESL to wash away their sins and continue their ' rickety ' careers . They have as in Barba's case , lost a lot of respectability because of his actions . Yet the English clubs offer them a lifeline only for these ungrateful sods to throw it away at the first hint of being able to return to the NRL .

In this particular instance I have a feeling that there was more involved behind the scenes in Sydney that made him decide that he wished to return . However I am glad that St.Helens remained firm on the issue as far too many ex NRL players have done exactly what he was hoping to do .

Last edited: