What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Tom Cruise , good lawd ! Give me big John Wayne a true man of action and of course Gary Cooper , Clark Gable , and hell what about our own Errol Flynn . They were all genuine actors that learnt their craft , not today’s mob of wishy-washy pretends who throw tantrums if they don’t have their lunch on time . 😳

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
Tom Cruise , good lawd ! Give me big John Wayne a true man of action and of course Gary Cooper , Clark Gable , and hell what about our own Errol Flynn . They were all genuine actors that learnt their craft , not today’s mob of wishy-washy pretends who throw tantrums if they don’t have their lunch on time . 😳
My wife cringed when he took his shirt off.
Just saying...

denis preston

First Grade
Reports are that the Bulldogs are going cold on Flanagan to get the coaching gig. Don't know what that means for us but I guess he will just keep his name up for any other gig that comes up such as Warriors & Wests tigers until he jags one. He would know that any more than 7 to 10 years out of coaching can make you redundant. Or he could just hang around like a Vulture to feed on hook's carcass in 2023 ? Meanwhile I hope he is doing great things with his list management role , whatever that means ?

Dragon David

First Grade
Reports are that the Bulldogs are going cold on Flanagan to get the coaching gig. Don't know what that means for us but I guess he will just keep his name up for any other gig that comes up such as Warriors & Wests tigers until he jags one. He would know that any more than 7 to 10 years out of coaching can make you redundant. Or he could just hang around like a Vulture to feed on hook's carcass in 2023 ? Meanwhile I hope he is doing great things with his list management role , whatever that means ?
Ive posted a new thread about Nathan Brown. In the case of Flanno, it is my gut feeling that he won't be our coach - 100%. That is my gut feeling. I have a strong feeling that our coach in 2024 will be Dean Young.

As you say Denis, the Bulldogs have gone cold on Flanno. I'm sure they will either go hard for Ciraldo or Maguire (He will lure Hastings across as their half, they will have Mahoney hooker, Burton 5/8th and just then need to get a top fullback and their spine is covered).

Flanno will take on a fulltime head coaching job if his son goes overseas. I don't think he can coach him nor against him at the moment.

DfL

Juniors
Not sure what to make of it but Sloan has unfollowed dragons but he’s following dolphins. What do you guys think?

randomdragon

Juniors
If he’s really having a sook and doing these things get rid of him. Not too late to try give treigh Stewart a go at FB. He did play FB in SG ball with Sloan on the wing

possm

Coach
If he’s really having a sook and doing these things get rid of him. Not too late to try give treigh Stewart a go at FB. He did play FB in SG ball with Sloan on the wing
I really rate Treigh Stewart. I believe he was selected in the centers a couple of weeks ago. Maybe the coaching staff are giving him some good development in readiness for his first-grade debut.

Dragon David

First Grade
Tyrell Sloan has great potential to be a formidable full back. His development will take time like a lot of the young ones coming through all grades in every club.

He has got to be patient as hell and understand that in time he will get to first grade level and be a much better all round player.

At this time he isn't ready to be first grade full back on a permanent basis. Even if he decides he wants out of the Dragons, which club coach would put him in first grade permanently? Bennett wouldn't, Gould wouldn't, the list goes on as most clubs do have better full backs - maybe even Ramsey is as well. So Tyrell just bite the bullet and be patient.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Ramsey
Sloan
Stewart

We certainly have depth in the fullback position. The only thing is, they all need first-grade experience and up-skilling in defense.

Crush

Coach
FMD he also like the Roosters and Rabbitohs we should start a thread for them too and the Swans maybe a thread he is off to to AFL GaL
And Storm, Broncos, Parra.
Funny, he doesn’t follow any shit teams, only the top 8 teams, maybe that’s why he unfollowed dragons?

shiloh dc

Juniors
Don't bet against Tom Cruise and Top Gun Maverick winning Oscars for best Actor and best Film respectively.