What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Juniors

Nanadragon

Juniors
a

Combination of Sponsor and People (fans) Power coming together
Major Sponsors must demand change or withdraw their contributions
Members refuse to renew and also are no shows at home games
Might sound harsh and over the top but its the way it has to be done
You also need Leaders to take it up to the Board
Souths were fortunate ...High profile names like Ray Martin , Alan Jones , Andrew Denton , Russell Crowe led the fight
Another thing i can guarantee...The media would be fully supportive and all over it
Find the Leaders and you can begin the fight
I put a stop to my automatic renewal of membership some weeks ago.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I mean seriously though, who really cares? If you don't want to attend just don't attend. It's just attention seeking for an ex NRL player who has struggled to maintain relevance outside of the game. I loved Matty Cooper as a player - in fact he was one of my favourites. But get over it and move on with life and stop trying to air your dirty laundry on social media.

Edit: By the way, I think the player is Dan Hunt.
Agreed mate. Sounds like one of those dickheads who gets on social media and says something like “feeling worried at St George hospital” waiting for people to respond with “oh no! What’s wrong hon? Hope you’re ok”…anyway…it’s almost my turn to see the doctor…fingers crossed everyone…btw…I think the player is Scott Gourley

Gareth67

First Grade
All of this angst with Cooper wont make any difference to the club, its been going on for over 10 years, all it will do is just get the fans and supporters pissed off and add to a drama filled off season at the dragons, situation normal.
Quite right justadragon , whatever Matty’s gripe is he would be better off accepting the fact that it’s ancient history .

Any further criticism of the individuals he is referring to , will only bring more disharmony to the club , the team and will also tarnish his good name .

The Dragons need to forget past errors and turn a new page to be able to progress.

Last edited:

justadragon

Juniors
Everyone has their the right to do what they want but not renewing membership is not going to help us survive or get sponsors if you love the club as much as you say you do have a think about it.
Let me just clear a few things up here, I have supported the club for over 30 years and loved doing so, in the last few years I have become disillusioned and wondering what I am supporting, am I just contributing to the BOD's luncheons. When I see some positive outcomes from the Dragons across the board that are benefiting everyone I will rejoin, I have said for many years now that the only way to make hierarchy listen is by hitting them in the hip pocket. I will always be a dragons supporter, but lately I have lost the love I had for the club.

possm

Coach
If only the BOD realized that a good head coach and the signing of two good forwards would turn much of our negative issues around. Sure there is still a lot more to do, but that would be a great start and most probably get most fans feeling positive again.

Just forget about the backroom deals and get on with doing the best by the Club.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Sorry to be a pain and upload this in the wrong thread - I don't know where else to put this. For some reason, I can't like or react to anything? On every single device and between my work and personal emails, my adblocker is turned off so I really don't understand what's going on.

kit66

Bench
I read this article with interest today. Perhaps it explains our reluctance to make any big name signings just yet, maybe they're holding off and waiting for all these pieces to fall into place before committing big bucks, long term on any players.
I might be giving the Club management and recruitment team more credit than they're due but maybe they're playing it smart for once. The article mentions 190 players off contract in 2023 so a further cleaning out and some big signings for 2024 to compliment our young'ns would certainly be a good strategy.
I won't hold my breath.

https://www.zerotackle.com/signing-...lary-cap-negotiations-approach-finale-126078/

justadragon

Juniors
Makes sense why there is a delay, hopefully the salary cap issues can be sorted out asap between the NRL and RLPA.
Yep correct, I mentioned this earlier in the thread, I'm just as frustrated as everyone else with signings etc, but I do have to allow management some credit in wanting to wait until things are sorted. We could get ourselves into a lot of trouble making some deal that would crucify us for many years after, AKA Mr Norman.

Latest posts