What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Illusion

Bench
17 years old !!!! 194cm and 122Kg,,,,my god I cant wait until he grows up and fills out, geez what do these kids eat :)))
Agree big unit , hope he makes it but, seen it before , playing against his age group round about ...... Then when everyone develops , and he is playing against men ? Anyway good to have him with us time will tell .....

Dragon David

First Grade

here it is mate, hes number 10 starting off the bench, I think he comes on around the 20th minute.
Thanks muchly random. Unfortunately, adblocker not allowing me access. I'll see if one of my sons can help.

Cheers though and really appreciate your response.

justadragon

Bench
Agree big unit , hope he makes it but, seen it before , playing against his age group round about ...... Then when everyone develops , and he is playing against men ? Anyway good to have him with us time
totally agree but i dont see too many developed guys at that height or weight either :))

Dragon David

First Grade
thanks RD much appreciated.
Just watched the game. Ipswich were too good overall. Tonga is a big lad and there were other big kids as well. Good luck to the ones that have been picked up by NRL Clubs.

There is a big step from Schoolboys to NRL but if they do the hard work and maintain fitness and good health, they can go a long way.

Thanks randomdragon.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
A propos of not much but could be loosely categorised as Dragons good news, my wife was at a club function earlier in the week when management announced that the St George Leagues Club was going to restore its Auditorium- not immediately but soon. This is something I've been advocating for years as the Club has degenerated into little more than a gambling den. Hopefully entertainment including match day experiences will once more become a priority as used to happen years ago when it rightfully had the moniker of " Taj Mahal".
TT

Old Timer

Coach
A propos of not much but could be loosely categorised as Dragons good news, my wife was at a club function earlier in the week when management announced that the St George Leagues Club was going to restore its Auditorium- not immediately but soon. This is something I've been advocating for years as the Club has degenerated into little more than a gambling den. Hopefully entertainment including match day experiences will once more become a priority as used to happen years ago when it rightfully had the moniker of " Taj Mahal".
TT
Back to the TAJ for post game drinks when Mickey Lane was playing meant an hell of a lot of good looking females in the upstairs bar.

Get on the schooners and stay for the show sitting in the lounge with table service that was the life.

Saw a lot of good movies there as well and often they had only just been released at the cinema.

Fingers crossed that the current supporters that never saw how good it was at the TAJ at least get a taste of what it was like to be part of the best run club in town.

jak

Bench
Back to the TAJ for post game drinks when Mickey Lane was playing meant an hell of a lot of good looking females in the upstairs bar.

Get on the schooners and stay for the show sitting in the lounge with table service that was the life.

Saw a lot of good movies there as well and often they had only just been released at the cinema.

Fingers crossed that the current supporters that never saw how good it was at the TAJ at least get a taste of what it was like to be part of the best run club in town.
forget mickey lane, phil hawthorne rejects would have kept most of us happy

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench

Remember seeing Tina Tuner live ..... those days gone the place needs a big face lift and change of atmosphere, because it's way way behind other clubs .....

Como Connection

First Grade

I went to see the Big O perform there about 86, went to both shows that night.
CC

Old Timer

Coach
I went to see the Big O perform there about 86, went to both shows that night.
CC
They certainly did have an eye for providing things that other clubs could only dream of.

If not mistaken my parents went to see Liberace there and said his show was every bit as good as anything they had seen of him when he was on TV.

I knew it was on the slide when Kamahl & Barry Crocker became the headline acts.