What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
Reports from the Telegraph is that we were after Brodie Croft from Salford but have now ended negotiations after Salford put on a 250k transfer fee
As long as he wasn't an automatic selection ahead of Sullivan, I would've quite liked the signing, but would Croft even come here in the first place to play second grade? It's dangerous thinking if the club want to put another road block in front of Sullivan. Competition is fine, in fact its great, but I'm hoping the thinking isn't that they need a half to come in to play first grade immediately.

It is good from the club though that they're looking for a half as I think we need one given what's happening with Junior Amone. If Liddle gets injured, then Hunt might have to be moved unless Finau takes that spot, but it would be a big ask for a rookie dummy half to come in and be expected to play outstanding in such a crucial position each week. Basically, an injury to a member of our spine and we are in big trouble. Will be interesting to see which half they end up with. I also think Haele Finau will be promoted to the top 30 soon.

Parko1310

Juniors

Why in the world is Bird going to play 6 ahead of Sullivan in round 2 if they're both fit. If that's true it's absolutely ludicrous. Bird clearly brings more to the side at 13. Playing him at 6 also weakens our front row as de Belin will then have to play lock. Molo is already suspended. The reason stated? For defensive reasons. Essentially there is absolutely no confidence being shown in Sullivan, and we're going to play negative, defensive, boring football again. f**k that for a laugh if it happens.

Dragon David

First Grade
Nigh a ball has been kicked in anger and half our squad is already injured or suspended…. Oh dear
By golly gosh or should I say f**k me dead, lady luck looks like deserting us as usual with our squad falling like dead flies and as you say twinkletoes, before we even start playing trials and comp footy. How many more will go down during the trials and 2nd round? We don't have depth as it is!

These things happen to most teams and every club has got to take the good with the bad. Yet to hear of any Dog's players going down yet, bastards.

kit66

Bench

Why in the world is Bird going to play 6 ahead of Sullivan in round 2 if they're both fit. If that's true it's absolutely ludicrous. Bird clearly brings more to the side at 13. Playing him at 6 also weakens our front row as de Belin will then have to play lock. Molo is already suspended. The reason stated? For defensive reasons. Essentially there is absolutely no confidence being shown in Sullivan, and we're going to play negative, defensive, boring football again. f**k that for a laugh if it happens.

Sullivan is a better defender than Bird, Bird misses about 5 tackles a game whatever position he plays.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
By golly gosh or should I say f**k me dead, lady luck looks like deserting us as usual with our squad falling like dead flies and as you say twinkletoes, before we even start playing trials and comp footy. How many more will go down during the trials and 2nd round? We don't have depth as it is!

These things happen to most teams and every club has got to take the good with the bad. Yet to hear of any Dog's players going down yet, bastards.
Well…when a shit team like ours buys a previously damaged player, don’t be shocked if a similar injury occurs again.

BLM01

First Grade
Nigh a ball has been kicked in anger and half our squad is already injured or suspended…. Oh dear

It is only a knee clean out. he said he will back for Round 2.
What is the big drama. I know the media make it dramatic but this forum takes it to another level.

qld redvee

Juniors
It will be both.. upgrades and puirchases. We have to end of March to have 28 or 29 in our squad.
And Cody will still be on the books so we may need 4 players with 1.5 million plus a % of juniors . So we may be able to snare 1 decent player and then a couple of our train and trial and moneys gone . Its a worry that we cant work out our salary cap like other teams , we have made no major signings lost simms ( on decent money) had an increase in the cap and we think we are going to make a couple of big signings with what we have left .... we just cant keep playing this game of offcasts being topped up by another team .. the sooner our pathways can start delivering the better rant over