What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redVinme

Bench
f**k I'd laugh if it was Kevvie Walters - Langer and a few others are mad keen for the punt and the booze (heard a few interesting stories back in the day when I had a friend working at Eagle Farm).

Alfie tried to shape up to me after a bad day on the punt at eagle farm a few years back.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
With borders having been shut and the fact that its up here at Eagle Farm, BrisVegas, maybe young Kevvie would have to be a contender.

I remember driving some folk up to Melbourne Cup race day at Eagle Farm years ago.
Being that l was driving, l chose not to drink that day so l got to see people from all walks of life absolutely drunk, so much so, l've never seen so many people paralytic from drinking. Maybe its the norm up here.

Tiger Shark

Bench
There is no way Cronulla could afford McInnes this year. You guys would have to pay half. Also, there is no way Melbourne would release him early if Cam leaves.

McInnes has been paid since November by the Dragons so that's a 3rd of his salary already paid. If he's on the reported 450k (that seems really cheap) and if the Dragons don't care to recoup the money they've paid him the Sharks potentially only need to find 300k

If we offload a player it's possible.

It does free up 300k for the Dragons to use elsewhere too.

Anyone got any clue who the coach was that had the incident at the races as mentioned by “The Mole”?

Jason Taylor has form of team
Bonding on the drink.
Trent Barrett also has history in Pubs.
Allan Franger would be a high percentage favourite.
Kevin Walters also a possibility but when he talks you would think he’s on the p!ss everyday.
Would laugh if it’s the Donkeys, all there talk late last ultras of discipline etc.

Ritzley

Juniors
With borders having been shut and the fact that its up here at Eagle Farm, BrisVegas, maybe young Kevvie would have to be a contender.

I remember driving some folk up to Melbourne Cup race day at Eagle Farm years ago.
Being that l was driving, l chose not to drink that day so l got to see people from all walks of life absolutely drunk, so much so, l've never seen so many people paralytic from drinking. Maybe its the norm up here.

I used to work on Hamilton Road leading up to the racecourse entry gates - it was great sport to watch all the finery and snootiness traipsing up the road the morning of a major meeting, and the absolute disgraces coming back the same way later in the afternoon. I think it's the norm on any racetrack it seems looking at some of the post-race pictures from Sydney and Melbourne over the years.

Como Connection

First Grade
After seeing various things on social media, Dragons website and this forum I believe our side will be pretty close to this.
1.Dufty
2.JP
3.Feagai
4.Lomax
5.Ramsey
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McCullough
10.Lawrie
11.Sims
12.Ford
13.McInnes
14.Bird
15.Faumausili
16.Alvaro
17.Ellis
It’s dependant on McCullough signing and McInnes not leaving obviously.
Some points;
We are pretty weak depth wise up front.
If there was going to be one shock selection it would be Ramsey in the #1
Would not be shocked to see Wiliame start ahead of Feagai round 1.
Where is my man Rav!
CC

Old Timer

Coach
For once in your life could you just be sensible and make your involvement worthwhile instead of playing the village idiot.

No doubt you will give me a "diatribe" of how you answered the question and no doubt I will respond with the "comprehension not being your strong point" statement but in the spirit of trying to get the season underway with good intentions on everyone's part how about you think before you reply and avoid antagonising situations.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Where is my man Rav!
CC
It’s not the side I want it’s the side I reckon will be named. I forgot about Kerr as can happen at 10pm but that is pretty close to the team that will be named I reckon. With Kerr in for Ellis. If we don’t get Macca obviously Cam at 9. My team would be substantially different to that one. I’m just getting ready for the disappointment early.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Bu
McInnes has been paid since November by the Dragons so that's a 3rd of his salary already paid. If he's on the reported 450k (that seems really cheap) and if the Dragons don't care to recoup the money they've paid him the Sharks potentially only need to find 300k

If we offload a player it's possible.

It does free up 300k for the Dragons to use elsewhere too.
The player we swap for will also have been paid a third so it would even out anyway. They won’t do the sharks any favours they won’t release him without something in it for us.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
For once in your life could you just be sensible and make your involvement worthwhile instead of playing the village idiot.

No doubt you will give me a "diatribe" of how you answered the question and no doubt I will respond with the "comprehension not being your strong point" statement but in the spirit of trying to get the season underway with good intentions on everyone's part how about you think before you reply and avoid antagonising situations.
So if you don’t want to know who it is, why did you ask?

That’s just odd behaviour.

mickeylane

Bench
It’s not the side I want it’s the side I reckon will be named. I forgot about Kerr as can happen at 10pm but that is pretty close to the team that will be named I reckon. With Kerr in for Ellis. If we don’t get Macca obviously Cam at 9. My team would be substantially different to that one. I’m just getting ready for the disappointment early.
The future for success for any team w the new rules is a lean and fit backrow, a quick serving hooker, and 3-4 big boppers on rotation up front..Think of a back-row made up of Cameron Murrays ... I think Hook and his associates are reading this change in dynamics quite well...especially if they're looking at using a backrow of Mciness, Bird, Ford, Sims, Fuimaono... size wont matter speed will