What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

getsmarty

Immortal
Actually, I'm a little opposite here. I wouldn't sign him at all.
No doubting his football skills etc, it's the circus that goes with his current situation we can do without. I mean really, we are less than a month away from the start of the season, he hasn't 'decided' on his future, hasn't been to training etc.

I have no doubt he will make it ALL about him, which may be a complete distraction for the young Titans team and their young coach. Imagine this at the Dragons right now.

Anyway just my 5c worth.

Good points @ Dragonslayer ..I guess it would depend on the Deal...Actually he would probably be more like Triple what A.M is on...and how many Years ? 1 Max..IMO..and that would never happen...

Again...He was never coming but it makes an interesting conversation.

Enjoy your afternoon.

redv13

Bench
No doubting his football skills etc, it's the circus that goes with his current situation we can do without. I mean really, we are less than a month away from the start of the season, he hasn't 'decided' on his future, hasn't been to training etc.

I have no doubt he will make it ALL about him, which may be a complete distraction for the young Titans team and their young coach. Imagine this at the Dragons right now.

Anyway just my 5c worth.
f**k him. Last time he stepped foot on Kogarah oval against us Latimore squashed his balls into baby pikelets. Magic moment for the muppet

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Anyway just my 5c worth.
He would never come here, he wants to do a Brady, which won't be happening here but even at 37 I still think on a hypothetical level he would be more effective and durable than Macca given the injury history. Personally I would go with the Cheese over either, but I cant see him coming either. Looks to me like we will have to persist with Macca for now until someone comes along. My original quote in no way shape or form even speculated us buying Smith I just noted in response to the OP's question about Smith not training with their squad until now that nor had Macca trained with us and if given the choice of the two Smith is the better player, I don't know how it turned into this rubbish.

getsmarty

Immortal
Thanks mate you have reminded me to have a good afternoon 4 times already usually followed by...So I will ensure I indeed have a good afternoon. This is shit a 14 year old girl would go on with, we are better than this lets snap out of this absolute garbage.

What on earth are you going on about ?....Seriously...nothing I have stated has had any malicious intent...

We all want the same thing...to see our side do well...You have misconstrued my statements...

I'll say it again...no malicious intent at all...If you feel that I have offended you then, I'm sorry but that is never my intention....I'll leave it at that.

SBD82

Coach
@Forbes Creek Dragons

Mate I’ve had @getsmarty wish me a good afternoon or good day several times over the years. It used to piss me off because I thought he was being a smartarse. But over the years I’ve come to believe that he’s actually sincere. Which is unusual for this place. So you can see how I’d make this mistake.

Also. I’d just like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a good afternoon.

Crush

Coach
@Forbes Creek Dragons

Mate I’ve had @getsmarty wish me a good afternoon or good day several times over the years. It used to piss me off because I thought he was being a smartarse. But over the years I’ve come to believe that he’s actually sincere. Which is unusual for this place. So you can see how I’d make this mistake.

Also. I’d just like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a good afternoon.
SBD82 you have yourself a very good afternoon. And may your evening be a pleasant one.

SBD82

Coach
SBD82 you have yourself a very good afternoon. And may your evening be a pleasant one.
Why are you always so negative? I’ve been reading your posts for at least 2 days and even though I’ve read about 4 of your 6000 posts I’ve decided you’re a negative merkin.

Have a great afternoon.

getsmarty

Immortal
@Forbes Creek Dragons

Thankyou @SBD82 . Until I joined this forum I had never heard that genuinely wishing someone a Good afternoon or evening etc could possibly be misconstrued as having some other meaning.

As you correctly stated, I wish no one any ill and always like to finish a post on a positive note where possible. It's my way of saying, maybe we don't agree on a point but nevertheless enjoyed the banter and all the best for the rest of the day etc...

Life can be hard enough as it is...many of us are not getting any younger...some of us ( if not all ) have been through very difficult times recently...Let's look forward to better days.

Evening all.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Oh look. Now here’s the orange man derailing threads again. Hey everyone, don’t you think we should pile on the orange man and maybe make some negative speculation about his gender?

Have the best evening...
The wishing well is taken so differently by many people..

I’m constantly wishing old timer a great day, but he always seems to be grumpy..

He must have an issue with his comprehension or something..