What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
I agree...gets lots of criticism but as you say tries his guts out everytime for us

I could make a strong case for keeping him at the club. He is the perfect fill in out wide, always gives his all. Fairly safe and can take those hit ups with some impact, just keeps running. I hope for him it means a regular first grade spot, otherwise I'd love to retain him.

Old Timer

Coach
I wish JP well and thank him for his contribution but his tenure at our club and the number of 1st grade games is testimony to the fact of why we are where we are and why look like we do.

We accepted a player withy a very limited skill set over creating adequate skills in our younger players.

The Dufty position is now similar he is 25 / 26 and has a limited skill set even though his attack at times is sublime.

We can keep trying to improve his skill set (not as if this hasn't been tried) or is it time to put our resources into a younger player who in the end might have less limitations and ultimately more upside than Dufty.

Not easy to run a 1st grade team and look at things in cold light of day and get the balance right.

BLM01

First Grade
I wish JP well and thank him for his contribution but his tenure at our club and the number of 1st grade games is testimony to the fact of why we are where we are and why look like we do.

We accepted a player withy a very limited skill set over creating adequate skills in our younger players.

The Dufty position is now similar he is 25 / 26 and has a limited skill set even though his attack at times is sublime.

We can keep trying to improve his skill set (not as if this hasn't been tried) or is it time to put our resources into a younger player who in the end might have less limitations and ultimately more upside than Dufty.

Not easy to run a 1st grade team and look at things in cold light of day and get the balance right.
But obviously JP is not that bad if Broncos want to sign him for 1st grade
I think he is a 1st grader and I’ve noticed a bit of improvement in him this year under a new coach but he’s never gonna be a star
But that’s Ok too, not all top level players are

Gareth67

First Grade
I think he is a 1st grader and I’ve noticed a bit of improvement in him this year under a new coach but he’s never gonna be a star

Agree , the man always tried and played to the best of his ability , cannot do much more than that .

Crush

Coach

Hopefully they do put their resources into a younger player and not sign another ageing player from QLD like Milford.

qld redvee

Juniors
Jp is a handy back up player in case of injuries etc . remember we do need experience in the reggies and top 30 , so if he does go then he needs replacing with say a good reserve grader that has potential but maybe his pathway is blocked .

Dragon David

First Grade
David Riccio reporting from 2GB's Continuous Call Team that we are looking at Bryce Cartwright (Eels) and Braidon Burns (Bunnies). Bryce is a good offloader and Burns could be good as a back up with Pereira going.

Old Timer

Coach
Sign him they did but no guarantee he gets 1st grade

If he does then good luck to him but they have won 3 games this year and had plenty of pain put on them so maybe they gave trouble attracting better quality players as well.

BLM01

First Grade
Burns is a better winger then JP so he would be an upgrade

Cartwright has been ok at the Eels but he is not what we need
I Don’t like either
Burns is a centre not a winger unless we are looking at a left centre which then I don’t mind
If Parra can’t make him work or don’t want Cartwright then that should be the end of him
However all these BS rumours through not sure where about who we are linked too
2GB would have the best chance of being closest to the mark
Out of the Feagai bro’s my opinion is Matt looks the most promising ATM as a winger
Max mostly disappoints me as tends to be lazy or not wholehearted at times

Last edited:

St Tangles

Bench
I Don’t like either
Burns is a centre not a winger unless we are looking at a left centre which then I don’t mind
If Parra can’t make him work or don’t want Cartwright then that should be the end of him
However all these BS rumours through not sure where about who we are linked too
2GB would have the best chance of being closest to the mark
Out of the Feagai bro’s my opinion is Matt looks the most promising ATM as a winger
Max mostly disappoints me as tends to be lazy or not wholehearted at times
Cartwright has been playing well for Parra this year it may just be a salary issue as he is on 150K this year

Having said that we don't need him

Burns is predominantly a centre but can play wing well

I think he will stay at South's if they don't re sign Gagai

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Agree , the man always tried and played to the best of his ability , cannot do much more than that .

His powerful, tackle- busting running will be missed-better than Rava in that respect. IMO, he showed a lot of courage to come back after what could have been a career ending neck injury in 2019 (see Simon Dwyer). As a winger these days, you are expected to be Superman with those gravity defying dives around what used to be the corner post-could easily go horribly wrong if a defender catches you mid-air- not for the faint-hearted.

Latest posts