What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Depends what you determine as success. He has a few individual accolades but only won the one premiership in 2002 as a player, played in 4 or 5 losing grand final teams. Not a whole lot of state of origin success either.
Most great coaches aren't great players but this is a drag/illa thread who cares what other clubs are doing ok we missed a player we would have liked move on why care what someone who supports another club thinks. We knew it was going to be a hard year good start then back to normal i believe in hook but the man needs time lets give him that.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Absolutely agree BBSB , whilst they are there the Dragons won’t be moving anywhere fast . This has been evident since they have moved in .

I have said it before however , they seem quite content to merely move with the flow with no obvious desire to go for the big prize - a premiership trophy with the inscription of a team named - St.George Illawarra .

My how lovely that would look in our trophy cabinet that must be all but bear in this 2021 .

Hell , I am sure that Buuce could even borrow the bluudy thing over the Christmas period and place it in a prominent position in the foyer of his home in Bermuda . I wouldn’t complain , just as long as his input into the team was more proactive - and financially lucrative . 😳

Open your wallet Bruce , or get your young bloke to and go out on a spending spree for the best players that money can buy and throw a Dragon jersey on them .
And who can forget bingo offering twice the cash that Mr Gordon offered was rejected because heads would have rolled jobs for the boys, jobs for the boys ........

Trifili13

Juniors
Bingo is not gone. They were acquired by the infrastructure unit of Macquarie Bank for $2.3bn earlier this year. So if we had been acquired by the Bingo company then Macquarie would have kept us and knowing Macquarie is into making money, they would have got rid of the boys club and appointed professional people to run the club. If they didn't want to own a team, I am sure they would have sold to the highest bidder which unlikely would have been the Gordon's. Now if the family that owned Bingo had bought the club personally then hopefully they would have been better custodians than the Gordon's. Either way, a lost opportunity IMO.

BLM01

First Grade
Bingo is not gone. They were acquired by the infrastructure unit of Macquarie Bank for $2.3bn earlier this year. So if we had been acquired by the Bingo company then Macquarie would have kept us and knowing Macquarie is into making money, they would have got rid of the boys club and appointed professional people to run the club. If they didn't want to own a team, I am sure they would have sold to the highest bidder which unlikely would have been the Gordon's. Now if the family that owned Bingo had bought the club personally then hopefully they would have been better custodians than the Gordon's. Either way, a lost opportunity IMO.
So They have been taken over and are gone
Bingo worth 2.3 b. Dragons?
Was not infrastructure arm the US part
I think you are dreaming if Macquarie Bank would be interested in something so small to them in the Dragons NRlL club with the club making no return
They have an airport they are looking to buy back
Macquarie would just write us off as a bad debt and we would be worse off than we are now
Sure while Bingo was alive and splashing the cash the ride would of been good

Last edited:

Trifili13

Juniors
Never said Macquarie would be interested in owning a league team. If the Dragon's were owned by Bingo then the team might not have been part of the sale and kept by the family or sold off afterwards to the highest bidder. To just write us off is not that simple. Remember they tried to kill South's and look where they are now with their owners and no leagues club backing (i think). If Total Sport and Entertainment was interested and missed out to the Gordon's, i would guess that they would have looked to buy it from Macquarie if they were looking to sell. Anyway, in the past now, full of if's and could of beens. Let's hope for a better future.
We all know that the Gordon's are beyond rich and obviously did not get there by not being business savvy. What I don't get is how they have left the club fall so low given it's their own money. You would have thought that they would want to see it prosper or do they have so much money that they don't care?
Anyway, like your input BLM01, keep it up.

TruSaint

Referee
E7WkKMiVoAIBA4q

Gareth67

First Grade

Glad to see he has another club , but damned pussed off that his suspension does not carry over to the Dogs .

The NRL handed down a suspension of 8 weeks for his actions , his contract was then terminated , therefore the suspension should carry over to his new employer .

But it is good to know that the NRL has made some type of concession for his new team , just as long as the Dragons were punished - that’s the important point that we should not lose sight of . 😳

Dragon David

First Grade
Glad to see he has another club , but damned pussed off that his suspension does not carry over to the Dogs .

The NRL handed down a suspension of 8 weeks for his actions , his contract was then terminated , therefore the suspension should carry over to his new employer .

But it is good to know that the NRL has made some type of concession for his new team , just as long as the Dragons were punished - that’s the important point that we should not lose sight of . 😳
Vaughany knows he has a new club to go to and if he concentrates on playing good footy, the Dogs will keep him there at a higher rate. He basically went on extended leave with no pay after we sacked him and has been serving his suspension for the last 2 weeks and has 6 more weeks to serve which will go to the end of Round 24. He will be training with the Dogs I think in November.

The NRL and Bulldogs have given him a lifeline and we lose an experienced player. His sacking by us and his 8 weeks suspension to me should not run concurrently, but as usual, the Bulldogs get another one over us.

BLM01

First Grade
Vaughany knows he has a new club to go to and if he concentrates on playing good footy, the Dogs will keep him there at a higher rate. He basically went on extended leave with no pay after we sacked him and has been serving his suspension for the last 2 weeks and has 6 more weeks to serve which will go to the end of Round 24. He will be training with the Dogs I think in November.

The NRL and Bulldogs have given him a lifeline and we lose an experienced player. His sacking by us and his 8 weeks suspension to me should not run concurrently, but as usual, the Bulldogs get another one over us.
Understand your gripe but you are double dipping in that instance especially when he’s not being paid and then why do the dogs in that instance deserve to be also punished

It is different to the normal carry over suspensions from club to club based on foul play
I just think we should all forget about it snd move forward

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes you are right Dave , I am afraid that I needed a bone to chew on and although I am happy for Vaughan I am still seething about the stupidy of those involved in BBQ Gate .
As BLM01 says, it's done now and we should just get over it. Life still goes on and no use losing any sleep over this.
Understand your gripe but you are double dipping in that instance especially when he’s not being paid and then why do the dogs in that instance deserve to be also punished

It is different to the normal carry over suspensions from club to club based on foul play
I just think we should all forget about it snd move forward
I'm having another gripe I know. Just hoping that the club and players will also put this behind them and look forward to the future.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
the boys at bingo would have come out massively wealthy from that sale

now flush could they get the Dragons for a steal and make the DRagons great again? nope !!!

Tiger Shark

Bench
Agreed.

The other big thing for the Sharks will be how their rookie coach Fitzy goes.

I think the general rule is assistants don't always make the best head coaches (Bellamy aside). I still remember Fitzy having a good cry when we lost the grand final in 99 and again in 2000 when the roosters lost, so I don't associate him with a great deal of success in his playing days either!!

They've paid overs for a few of their signings with the hope they will deliver outside of the Storm system and if things don't click for them quickly the pressure will mount, interesting times.
Pretty much every coach at one point has been an Assistant coach at one time. So that's a ridiculous rule of thumb that you've just clearly made up.

Latest posts