What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Ghostrider22

Juniors
The mystery bidder who missed out on part-ownership of St George Illawarra can finally be revealed amid claims he offered $5 million more than Bruce Gordon’s WIN Corporation, which was ultimately successful in taking a 50 per cent stake in the club.

South Coast entrepreneur Paul Smith’s Total Sport and Entertainment, which also owns 50 per cent of the Sydney Kings, had been in serious negotiations with the club since October. It is understood TSE offered exactly $10m to the Dragons, clearing their $5.8m of debt with the NRL while leaving plenty in cash reserves to help build the famous club into the powerhouse it should be.

Did we ever find out in the next annual report how much WIN paid ?
It was only there to save Illawarra’s arse, they were broke at the beginning and they were broke towards end and bailed out by WIN in one massive payment to the NRL and other creditors.
It was not for the benefit of the football club, as a whole because of the other part is St George everyone can see that bad board decisions.
Pretty simple if it was to make the JV a Super Club their words,it would at the top with Melbourne as fox has done, South’s as Russ has done, Roosters as Uncle Nick has done for years. And Is it, it has been shit for years inside the club and on the field.
And where is this club now it’s in oblivion a shadow of the 09, 10, 11 side. This will never change until there is only one entity. Only time the board was never seen from is when Coach was there, he told the board to stay out of the footy club he ran it as he wanted no interference. I can go on and on what is the point.

BLM01

First Grade
Lomax has unfollowed the Dragons on Instagram and removed the mention of the club from his bio. The club also unfollowed Lomax on insta apparently.

He also posted a message in support of Paul Vaughan earlier today. Could be gone at the end of the season tbh.
I have been waiting for someone to get some legs from all this. Did not disappoint. Why would he leave when we are paying him 1.5m a year and sponsored by BBQ's Galore. He is happy at the Dragons like a pig in...mud

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Anything know something about lomax asking for a release?
I think it is probably rubbish, but I wouldn't care less of he was released. Let's be totally honest here for a minute. If Fittler / Daley had not anointed him as "the special one" would we think that much of him? Yep, good under the high ball, but an arm grabber in defence, pretty slow for a centre, not a bad goal-kicker BUT...???

Or is he another casualty of the ridiculous coaching regime he came into to?

And remember this is a bloke who has been getting paid for the last 12 weeks whilst not playing who thought to himself whilst the rest of NSW was in lockdown, "I might get myself off to Vaunghy's joint for a couple of beef-eaters. Bugger what the coach said. Bugger what the NSW Premier said. Bugger what the PM said (Morrison is an absolute tool though). I'll get over to Vaughany's and catch up with Normo, Joshy McGuire, VAUNGHY, Duff-Man and a few of the lads because..............."???????

If we have a chance to rid of ourselves of an overpaid, overhyped centre who it appears isn't exactly great for culture, then so be it.

A TOTAL clean out is required. I would have sacked every single player from the Vaughany BBQ Affair. Cut the tree off at the base and start again!

thebigredv

First Grade
I think it is probably rubbish, but I wouldn't care less of he was released. Let's be totally honest here for a minute. If Fittler / Daley had not anointed him as "the special one" would we think that much of him? Yep, good under the high ball, but an arm grabber in defence, pretty slow for a centre, not a bad goal-kicker BUT...???

And remember this is a bloke who has been getting paid for the last 12 weeks whilst not playing who thought to himself whilst the rest of NSW was in lockdown, "I might get myself off to Vaunghy's joint for a couple of beef-eaters. Bugger what the coach said. Bugger what the NSW Premier said. Bugger what the PM said (Morrison is an absolute tool though). I'll get over to Vaughany's and catch up with Normo, Joshy McGuire, VAUNGHY, Duff-Man and a few of the lads because..............."???????

If we have a chance to rid of ourselves of an overpaid, overhyped centre who it appears isn't exactly great for culture, then so be it.

A TOTAL clean out is required. I would have sacked every single player from the Vaughany BBQ Affair. Cut the tree off at the base and start again!

Brilliant post. Absolutely spot on.

The real clean out should be happening higher up the chain because we've been brewing crap like what's happened with Lomax for ages. The board must go. We need new ownership, a new direction.

blacksafake

First Grade

Watch your blood pressure there mate 😂

Gareth67

First Grade
Myself I do not believe it - more so considering he is still in his 2nd season of a long term contract of 6 years .

What I do believe is that there are too many people beginning to show symptoms of being in lock-down .

Be careful folks - you will be hearing voices next ! 😳

BBTB

Juniors
Dude, no offense, we're not in a position where we're "rounding out the team". We are shit, pure and simple, went 0-2 against Wests Tigers and got smashed by clown cars like Canterbury and The Gold Coast. Mbye might or might not be an upgrade on Williame, but Williame is a reserve grader that we shouldn't have signed in the first place. We cannot - CANNOT- keep buying these idiots and not looking at players on the market who will elevate the current rubbish squad.

You buy cheap reserve graders, you end up with a cheap reserve grade squad. Which we have.
No good players.
Are coming, while we have these imbeciles, in charge.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Myself I do not believe it - more so considering he is still in his 2nd season of a long term contract of 6 years .

What I do believe is that there are too many people beginning to show symptoms of being in lock-down .

Be careful folks - you will be hearing voices next ! 😳
Well if he wants to follow Vaughan out the door he won’t get anywhere near the money he’s currently not, not to mention the security of a long term deal. He should look at what’s happened, Dufty & Vaughan only signed on one year deals at a loser club & Norman has no deal at all!

Lomax needs to harden up & remember he’s a professional sportsperson