What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s a definite no from me for Curtis Scott - just too much of a loose cannon and apparently does not learn from his mistakes . He is very similar to Todd Carney , the big difference is that at least Toddy could puss straight . 💦
we are purging the trouble makers, deadwood and those not buying into the system that is being implemented.
We will not be entertaining any move on Curtis Scott.
It has been reported by Rothfield that Scott and Bateman had a fight last year after a team function. This together with his other misdemeanors made the BOD of the Raiders call for his dismissal. So he is very much a loose cannon and definitely not the sort of player we need at the club seeing that we are wanting to improve our culture and image.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
McGuire gets plenty of stick on here but I think he’s been a decent mid season pickup. Our pack would be much weaker without him. Would you prefer Alvaro or Ford starting in his place?
When he's on the park and not suspended, yes he's better than Alvaro and Ford- but isn't everybody? Let's look to the stars- not the mud.

BLM01

First Grade
Hy
I

I have faith in them but does Hook? If he did Sloan would still be #1. Zac has a great skill set that I’m at least curious as to how he’d go not dependant in others getting him ball. It’s the end of season mate, the hypothetical teams will be thrown out thick between now and next season I’d recommend getting used to it😂
Hypotheticals I understand are one thing
but not your best centre that is signed on good centre money (not over the top) and we have him there for 5 more years to cause damage in his best position and build a combo with Rav. No need to move him
Hook has faith but clearly a few need a good off season and more game time (reggies for some?) opposing men at training before being ready for 1st grade for another long season

Maddragon99

Juniors
Hy

Hypotheticals I understand are one thing
but not your best centre that is signed on good centre money (not over the top) and we have him there for 5 more years to cause damage in his best position and build a combo with Rav. No need to move him
Hook has faith but clearly a few need a good off season and more game time (reggies for some?) opposing men at training before being ready for 1st grade for another long season
The bigger question is does anyone still have faith in Griffin?

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
The next Josh Dugan? Talented but not a lot of self control. Josh did play quite a few good games for us over his years here, but always seemed just a couple of drinks away from doing something silly. If we get Suli, and we have Zac, do we really need an iffy player?
Depends what you get him for.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Rumour going around that we are after Tom Starling from Canberra

Supposedly he has a release clause in his contract for 2022

Broncos and Eels also interested
Yeah, I read the article too - was it in SMH or Tele? It’s probably just another one started by a manger to push price up.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Why do people insist on moving Zac having no faith in our young ones
Why is it only thus forum that wants to move him?
I think he is showing since his injury that he is much more suited to the centre as anywhere
Laid on and set up done nice breaks and tries in recent weeks
Defensively improved this year
Lomax's greatest asset is the around the corner flick ala Matt Gidley or Gaz to put the winger away, he is best served as a right centre and should stay there. Also works for his attacking bomb leaps. Sloan is the fullback of the future, he moves like peachey and has great support play, he just needs some time to fill out to help with his defence. This is the positive of the Mbye signing, he can cover for Sloan, Amone, Sullivan next year as they get used to the physical demands of playing first grade.

St Tangles

Bench

after Suli’s blinder on the weekend, we now have little to no chance of signing him.
Tartak would of leaked the story hoping for this

I wouldn't be getting into a bidding war for Suli

He can be good but I haven't seen much consistency from him over his career so far

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The bigger question is does anyone still have faith in Griffin?
The even bigger question is if we sacked Griffin given the list he inherited and the Covid and other off field distractions he's had to navigate, could we, hand on heart, state that we've given a 60% career winning coach, after one season, a fair shot at getting the club back on track? The answer has to be a resounding NO.

blacksafake

First Grade
The even bigger question is if we sacked Griffin given the list he inherited and the Covid and other off field distractions he's had to navigate, could we, hand on heart, state that we've given a 60% career winning coach, after one season, a fair shot at getting the club back on track? The answer has to be a resounding NO.
Agree.
And it also then leads to the next coach starting all over again with the roster.

Dragon David

First Grade

after Suli’s blinder on the weekend, we now have little to no chance of signing him.
That is always the way and his manager will be wanting bigger bucks now. We were close to getting him a few years back but he laughed and turned his back on us. He is only playing games with us again. Forget about him. His heart won't be for the Dragons. We want a player who is proud to put on the RedV jersey.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Agree.
And it also then leads to the next coach starting all over again with the roster.

Agree x2
Who is available to coach for 2023?
Ah! Of course the inevitable 'sign Bennett' will pop up, and for the 100th time, he won't come back to the Dragons, he's already stated he wants to return to Brisbane for 'personal family reasons' and will head up, one of the new franchises ie the Dolphins or the Firebirds.

So, let's see who else with 'experience'.
McGreggor
Maguire (probably)
Flanno
Arthur (maybe)
Seibold

Of course theirs the rookie brigade:
Ciraldo
Young
Hornby

Are any of these going to change our fortunes in their first 7 months? Of course not.

The fact is in 2021, we dont have a quality squad. Lots of 'free-loaders' who expected to play each week no matter what their form was like. Influencers who were/are toxic to the young players. Some reserve graders masquerading as 1st graders. No competition for spots. Let's not go into injuries and suspensions.

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

Foundations have to be set before create, Hook is doing that now. The fee-loaders and influencers moved or being moved on, reserve graders also. Has he created competition for places? Absolutely so, you only have to look at who've we recruited, so far, for 2022, and more to come.
Ride the wave people! Let's not paddle in the shallows just because it feels good.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree x2
Who is available to coach for 2023?
Ah! Of course the inevitable 'sign Bennett' will pop up, and for the 100th time, he won't come back to the Dragons, he's already stated he wants to return to Brisbane for 'personal family reasons' and will head up, one of the new franchises ie the Dolphins or the Firebirds.

So, let's see who else with 'experience'.
McGreggor
Maguire (probably)
Flanno
Arthur (maybe)
Seibold

Of course theirs the rookie brigade:
Ciraldo
Young
Hornby

Are any of these going to change our fortunes in their first 7 months? Of course not.

The fact is in 2021, we dont have a quality squad. Lots of 'free-loaders' who expected to play each week no matter what their form was like. Influencers who were/are toxic to the young players. Some reserve graders masquerading as 1st graders. No competition for spots. Let's not go into injuries and suspensions.

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

Foundations have to be set before create, Hook is doing that now. The fee-loaders and influencers moved or being moved on, reserve graders also. Has he created competition for places? Absolutely so, you only have to look at who've we recruited, so far, for 2022, and more to come.
Ride the wave people! Let's not paddle in the shallows just because it feels good.
Here, here Dragonslayer!

Latest posts