What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

gee i wish Reece would come home
Why was he allowed to leave. Former Junior Kangaroo if not mistaken. I know this is a fantasy but we long suffering fans need to have a say in who we want to wear the Red V and who we dont. After all we are the ones that put bums on seats and fill board coffers.. what for? So they can sit in their ivory tower and shop off players that we fans think are good for the club and will win us games.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Why was he allowed to leave. Former Junior Kangaroo if not mistaken. I know this is a fantasy but we long suffering fans need to have a say in who we want to wear the Red V and who we dont. After all we are the ones that put bums on seats and fill board coffers.. what for? So they can sit in their ivory tower and shop off players that we fans think are good for the club and will win us games.
At the time we had McInnes who was killing it and become our captain. We weren’t to know he would sign with the Sharks or do his knee twice. That one was just bad luck. You can’t keep them all.

Trifili13

Juniors
I know you prefaced your comment by saying it's a fantasy, but you can't have supporters choosing who stays, goes or plays. If you thought Mary and Hook's choices were wrong, can you imagine what would happen if a player got all his relos and makes to vote for them. I know you might not have meant it they way I have portrayed it.

What we need however is for paid up members to be able to vote on who is elected to the board. While private ownership can bring in money if you have a wealthy benefactor, it can go wrong ala St George and Newcastle.

The German Bundesliga has a 50 + 1 rule where members have to hold that. They are one of, if not the most, financially stable in Europe. The NRL should think if maybe introducing something like that but give privately owned clubs time to adjust/selldown.

blacksafake

First Grade
The last bloke didn't even know his name so what were the chances of him staying when the coach can't even do that right. Plus he was most likely told by the cowboys he'd be given a crack at nrl where here he was behind McInnes at the time.

redv13

Bench
Well the genius coach at the time thought we had a gun in Reece Robinson so he told Reece Robson that he was surplus and no longer required 🙄🙄🙄

BBTB

Juniors
I know you prefaced your comment by saying it's a fantasy, but you can't have supporters choosing who stays, goes or plays. If you thought Mary and Hook's choices were wrong, can you imagine what would happen if a player got all his relos and makes to vote for them. I know you might not have meant it they way I have portrayed it.

What we need however is for paid up members to be able to vote on who is elected to the board. While private ownership can bring in money if you have a wealthy benefactor, it can go wrong ala St George and Newcastle.

The German Bundesliga has a 50 + 1 rule where members have to hold that. They are one of, if not the most, financially stable in Europe. The NRL should think if maybe introducing something like that but give privately owned clubs time to adjust/selldown.
Yes,agree paid up members have to be able to vote out this incompetent board.

Gippsy

Bench

It seems we stuffed up quite a few of that generation. Robson, Saab, Garrick, Herbert, Luciano, Host, all allowed to leave and all doing well at other clubs. Geez we'd look a lot stronger at the moment if we had've managed them a bit better.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It seems we stuffed up quite a few of that generation. Robson, Saab, Garrick, Herbert, Luciano, Host, all allowed to leave and all doing well at other clubs. Geez we'd look a lot stronger at the moment if we had've managed them a bit better.
We could use the majority right now

Cupper

Juniors
It seems we stuffed up quite a few of that generation. Robson, Saab, Garrick, Herbert, Luciano, Host, all allowed to leave and all doing well at other clubs. Geez we'd look a lot stronger at the moment if we had've managed them a bit better
Im not sure any of them would have helped us a great deal. Robson is a plodder, saab and garrick play outside turbo (if they were playing for basically any other team they would be struggling), Herbert and host no world beaters, luciano has shown glimpses and would probably be the one id take back, but hes no star.

hewi

Bench
The non-selection of St George Illawarra young gun halfback Jayden Sullivan in the Red V no. 7 jumper is puzzling given the Dragons season is gone and there’s nothing to play for.
Sullivan, 19, has long been spoken about as one of the best emerging halves in the NRL and is an out and out no.7.
But last weekend as the Dragons made it seven losses in a row since BBQ-gate the talented rookie played at hooker.
Rival NRL clubs are onto it and have already signalled an intention to make a play for the south coast junior once November 1 rolls around

If we lose this bloke they won’t have any members or supporters left

SGMax

Juniors
Im not sure any of them would have helped us a great deal. Robson is a plodder, saab and garrick play outside turbo (if they were playing for basically any other team they would be struggling), Herbert and host no world beaters, luciano has shown glimpses and would probably be the one id take back, but hes no star.
You make some good points.
Garrick is an ok winger if you include his goal kicking...otherwise not a real threat to defences.
Saab was hopeless in the first 4 rounds without Turbo and the space he provides.
Herbert is average at best and that is years after he left.
Robson looked really good in his last game, but that was against us.
Luciano has some x factor and would have been useful this year but he has errors in him and can be lazy in defence.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Gypsy, they're doing well because they are being properly coached. The unimaginably bad decision to not only appoint that idiot McGregor once (but then to resign him twice) not only led to poor on field performances but it costs you juniors who don't want a bar of it, and you cannot attract players of quality to the club as a result of it.

Two salient points here re that idiot McGregor:

i. Does anyone think that any player of quality or any developing player approached their managers in the 2014 - 2020 seasons and said "At all costs get me to the Dragons. I just have to play under Paul McGregor"? And don't throw me the Ben Hunt signing as a counter argument. His signing actually proves my point. We had to pay significantly more then he was worth to even get him thinking about coming to us. He was properly valued at about $600K; and not a cent more.
ii. For all of McGregor's "mates club support" has anyone offered that idiot another coaching gig, even as an assistant? And forget the bone that was thrown at him for the NSW U/18's.

Bad decisions permeate through an organisation for many years. We have all experienced the "dick head boss"; "the incompetent fool of a boss". They erode morale and ultimately performance. We have had this leadership vacuum at the Club since Bennett left. And then the Leaders become obstinate and entrenched in supporting their bone head decisions; hence the resigning of that idiot McGregor twice.."we'll show you supporters what's what". Leadership is absolutely paramount and we have very little to show.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
The non-selection of St George Illawarra young gun halfback Jayden Sullivan in the Red V no. 7 jumper is puzzling given the Dragons season is gone and there’s nothing to play for.
Sullivan, 19, has long been spoken about as one of the best emerging halves in the NRL and is an out and out no.7.
But last weekend as the Dragons made it seven losses in a row since BBQ-gate the talented rookie played at hooker.
Rival NRL clubs are onto it and have already signalled an intention to make a play for the south coast junior once November 1 rolls around

If we lose this bloke they won’t have any members or supporters left
Hewi, if we lose Sullivan, it would be the lowest of the lows.

BBTB

Juniors
Gypsy, they're doing well because they are being properly coached. The unimaginably bad decision to not only appoint that idiot McGregor once (but then to resign him twice) not only led to poor on field performances but it costs you juniors who don't want a bar of it, and you cannot attract players of quality to the club as a result of it.

Two salient points here re that idiot McGregor:

i. Does anyone think that any player of quality or any developing player approached their managers in the 2014 - 2020 seasons and said "At all costs get me to the Dragons. I just have to play under Paul McGregor"? And don't throw me the Ben Hunt signing as a counter argument. His signing actually proves my point. We had to pay significantly more then he was worth to even get him thinking about coming to us. He was properly valued at about $600K; and not a cent more.
ii. For all of McGregor's "mates club support" has anyone offered that idiot another coaching gig, even as an assistant? And forget the bone that was thrown at him for the NSW U/18's.

Bad decisions permeate through an organisation for many years. We have all experienced the "dick head boss"; "the incompetent fool of a boss". They erode morale and ultimately performance. We have had this leadership vacuum at the Club since Bennett left. And then the Leaders become obstinate and entrenched in supporting their bone head decisions; hence the resigning of that idiot McGregor twice.."we'll show you supporters what's what". Leadership is absolutely paramount and we have very little to show.
Agree, until we rid ourselves of this board,and recruitment department, we are certainly not moving forward. It all starts at the front office.

Latest posts