What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Como Connection

First Grade
No thanks. I don't see how Edrick Lee would be any improvement over the players we have, apart from height.

I get what you're saying.... but to be honest, I'm not worried about conceding a couple of try's off kicks to players like Topou and Saab. They score a lot of those against the other teams in the comp. I'd be more concerned about the amount of try's we leak through the middle and from silly mistakes....
Tries from kicks don't count!
CC

denis preston

First Grade
He's got a touch of the Tonie Carroll's about him hasn't he - could definitely see him in the middle making a few opponents look up before receiving a pass.....
Think we were all talking about this about 18 months ago. Still think it is worth a try and what a massive bonus if it succeeds ! Can get a pass away as well & won't be under the high ball. Ramsey , Feagels or new winger to cover his former position. Don't know if Hook is the kind to make decisions outside the circle.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We need Max to keep the pressure on Suli to ensure he keeps his effort up and doesn't relax.

I hope Max has a strong pre-season and there is a season-long fight for that left centre position...
Agree, plus they are still teenagers so plenty of time. Let’s hope they actually put pressure on him though. I’m not overly confident Hook would drop his marquee signing in a hurry.

Trifili13

Juniors
Think we were all talking about this about 18 months ago. Still think it is worth a try and what a massive bonus if it succeeds ! Can get a pass away as well & won't be under the high ball. Ramsey , Feagels or new winger to cover his former position. Don't know if Hook is the kind to make decisions outside the circle.
Maybe try him in intra club trial to see how Rava goes. I laughed however when you said he can get a pass away. You must have missed the Cows game when he couldn't draw the fullback and passed forward and bombed a certain try or don't forward passes count like tries off kicks?😁

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Then why pay $500K when we have someone already here that may fit that role.. Rava. Betting he'd not make as many fundamental errors in the engine room. Can see him barreling over the top of blokes with his bulk and landing some big blows in defense.

We need his kick return meters and experience in the back 3. We have depth in the forward pack so don't need him in the middle. He's got a good combo forming with Lomax too. No need to change his position.

hewi

Bench

$900k pricetag too much as Kikau set to be squeezed out of Penrith: Transfer Whispers​

From Fox Sports. Would you want him at that price, I’m thinking no I’d rather get a gun prop and hooker? Thoughts please

BIG RIG

Juniors
Tariq Sims is also likely to stay next year with the only club he could potentially get a long term deal at this time being the Tigers

$900k pricetag too much as Kikau set to be squeezed out of Penrith: Transfer Whispers​

From Fox Sports. Would you want him at that price, I’m thinking no I’d rather get a gun prop and hooker? Thoughts please

Methinks he’s been to the Clint Gutherson school of self-evaluation.

We need a gun Hooker as you suggest. Sullivan might be a good conversion.

For that money, if we were to consider anyone, better off throwing it at Brandon Smith IMO. And if there’s any change, top up a few juniors salaries to keep the vultures away.

redv13

Bench
Methinks he’s been to the Clint Gutherson school of self-evaluation.

We need a gun Hooker as you suggest. Sullivan might be a good conversion.

For that money, if we were to consider anyone, better off throwing it at Brandon Smith IMO. And if there’s any change, top up a few juniors salaries to keep the vultures away.
Kikau’s manager hasn’t mentioned any price, not even a quote from him. The article said “ some recruitment managers thought he was worth 700-750 a season, others thought 900 to a mil. Standard media dribble, throw a dart at the board and it will land somewhere

nrlnrl

First Grade
Kikau’s manager hasn’t mentioned any price, not even a quote from him. The article said “ some recruitment managers thought he was worth 700-750 a season, others thought 900 to a mil. Standard media dribble, throw a dart at the board and it will land somewhere
I think we all know where most of the info for articles on player signings/movement comes from. Members of the media & managers work together to create interest/increase prices. How many times do you read about 3 or 4 clubs, sometimes ‘up to 6 clubs’ being interested in signing a player? Clubs deny any knowledge of it, some player managers deny it.

It’s a combination of approaches - depending on the journalist & manager. How do you think some journalists are so certain about a player signing?

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade

By 2023, if he can improve his consistency, then he could be worth 800 Max imo.

Should we pay that much for him, I dunno.

Brandon Smith would still be my target for that sort of dosh...

denis preston

First Grade
Maybe try him in intra club trial to see how Rava goes. I laughed however when you said he can get a pass away. You must have missed the Cows game when he couldn't draw the fullback and passed forward and bombed a certain try or don't forward passes count like tries off kicks?😁
Yes, it was a shocker ! I recall a game against the Rorters ( last year) when we had a length of the field try started by Rav slipping one or two great passes that enabled Dufty to score.

Latest posts