What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach

blacksafake

First Grade

thebigredv

First Grade

Cant see where else to post it. Judging by his round 1 team doesn’t have much credibility from me.

How about an article written that puts pressure on the board rather than the coach? I'm not a crazy Griffin fan but anyone can see the issues at the club go far deeper than the coach.

Gareth67

First Grade
Not a rumour but if the dogs are sitting down to dinner with Reed Mahoney sure we can at least invite him for some afternoon tea.

B Smith and Reed type hookers don't come available all that often. We better be in the mix.

Yes it makes you wonder , I like Reed , he falls into that ‘ very busy ‘ category of hooker , always looking for a way through the defense . Still at the moment the Dragons have a number of options available to them for that role - even Hunt .

Regardless of what Griffin may say now , he could move Hunt to 9 with Amone and Sullivan in the half’s , he must put his best 13 on the field to ensure that the results go our way so as to give his team every chance of making the semis.

Last edited:

brissiedragon

Juniors
how long before we are told of the personal financial sacrifice that joseph manu has made so he can stay at the chooks?

Not long at all. Just reported on Sporting News. Interestingly, reported that he was being offered around 1 Mill by Warriors, 250K more than the Roosters are paying him. Hmmmm, Trent must be such a great bloke to pay, I mean play, for.

possm

Coach
Yes it makes you wonder , I like Reed , he falls into that ‘ very busy ‘ category of hooker , always looking for a way through the defense . Still at the moment the Dragons have a number of options available to them for that role - even Hunt .

Regardless of what Griffin may say now , he could move Hunt to 9 with Amone and Sullivan in the half’s , he must put his best 13 on the field to ensure that the results go our way so as to give his team every chance of making the semis.
I'm sure the only reason why Griffin would not select Sullivan at 7 in the early rounds is that the spine would be very inexperienced with Sloan, Amon, and Sullivan

Bringing Sullivan on for half a game at a time would make sense to me and I suggest the 20 min period on either side of halftime would be the most logical time.

Hunt could move to hooker for that period and McCullough given a rest. Maybe that is indeed the plan.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I'm sure the only reason why Griffin would not select Sullivan at 7 in the early rounds is that the spine would be very inexperienced with Sloan, Amon, and Sullivan

Bringing Sullivan on for half a game at a time would make sense to me and I suggest the 20 min period on either side of halftime would be the most logical time.

Hunt could move to hooker for that period and McCullough given a rest. Maybe that is indeed the plan.
That's a plan simple as.

Gareth67

First Grade

Yes that would be the way to go possum , more game time for the young fellas in the halves with eventually Hunt at hooker .

Trifili13

Juniors
The salaray cap is a joke. Let's say the better teams are able to attract their top 10 players on an average of $100k less than a middle of the road or low level team. That's $1m extra to play with. Add in then the lower teams would have to pay overs to attract any decent players, let's say $100k per player average for their top 10, and you suddenly have a $2m disparity. The top teams are able to assemble a $10.5m roster using only $9.5m while a lower team has to pay $9.5m for actually $8.5m worth of quality. This is how lower teams get into trouble paying overs for average players to get them to their club and when a decent player comes along they don't have the cap to go for them. Bring on a draft where the lower teams get first crack.

Gareth67

First Grade
Good to see Benji Marshall will be returning to the Tigers in a ambassador’s role - still involved with the team that he gave so much to .

Curtis Scott had done a deal with the Eels , but it is now up in the air due to further alleged indiscretions .

Dragon David

First Grade
Good to see Benji Marshall will be returning to the Tigers in a ambassador’s role - still involved with the team that he gave so much to .

Curtis Scott had done a deal with the Eels , but it is now up in the air due to further alleged indiscretions .
Yes. good to see that Benji has gone back to the Tigers to help them out and I'm sure that he will do a fine job. That Scott bloke though is a massive problem. Glad we haven't tried to get him.

Gareth67

First Grade

Amone. Piss off you pricks, he’s going no where.

Same old story as so many other members have spoken about before. The clubs that actually bring the juniors through their systems - Jersey Flegg and onward to the C.Cup , until finally reaching the NRL are constantly targeted by other clubs and what is their reward ?

Nothing whatsoever , it’s bad enough to lose such promising juniors , but the clubs should be reimbursed , say a transfer fee .

I realize that would be going back to the 60’s & 70’s when transfer fees were par for course , however something needs to be done so as to stop the constant plundering of the struggling clubs juniors .

Only the NRL can remedy this situation, they need to take action to prevent this constantly occurring to the clubs that really take care of their youngsters .

The gap between the have and the have-nots is wide enough as it is without having this open wound festering .

Last edited:

stgeorge1

Juniors
The salaray cap is a joke. Let's say the better teams are able to attract their top 10 players on an average of $100k less than a middle of the road or low level team. That's $1m extra to play with. Add in then the lower teams would have to pay overs to attract any decent players, let's say $100k per player average for their top 10, and you suddenly have a $2m disparity. The top teams are able to assemble a $10.5m roster using only $9.5m while a lower team has to pay $9.5m for actually $8.5m worth of quality. This is how lower teams get into trouble paying overs for average players to get them to their club and when a decent player comes along they don't have the cap to go for them. Bring on a draft where the lower teams get first crack.
Drafts Will be taken to court