What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

mickeylane

Bench
I think Dragons will be looking for a strike 2nd rower to cover Sims ie: Hetherington is attainable and worth pusuiting and also a Hooker and im thinking Sam Verrells could be the target with Marshall King a smokey..

possm

Coach
I am sure all those rumours have traction, especially where they come from.
Not surprising of the timing because Sloan is not playing 1st grade :rolleyes:
But the 2nd one, well the rumours is Gus is looking for a halfback so someone has put 2 and 2 together.
But the other rumour is Gus is looking at a very experienced halfback currently north of Belmore

I think Dragons will be looking for a strike 2nd rower to cover Sims ie: Hetherington is attainable and worth pusuiting and also a Hooker and im thinking Sam Verrells could be the target with Marshall King a smokey..
We have some good young guns and we have some average first-graders. However, we need some marquee players; even if it means letting Hunt go to the Dolphins..

dungay dragon

Juniors
marshall-king seriously ?? no better than what we have , and a turnstile in defence
Verrells..handy player but has had his fair share of injuries
am hoping like most on here , that as Sullivan developes over the next 12 months it forces Hunt to 9

Lethal25

Juniors
marshall-king seriously ?? no better than what we have , and a turnstile in defence
am hoping like most on here , that as Sullivan developes over the next 12 months it forces Hunt to 9
Couldn't agree more. Part of a team over the last few years who've hardly won a game and they looked elsewhere to improve their stocks. Why the hell would you even consider him as an option. Hoping this is not on the cards

mickeylane

Bench
I agree I’m just saying Marshall king is on the market and we may go for him.. I say hunt to 9

possm

Coach
It is very clear to me that our best option is Hunt to 9. Right now our best spine would most probably be:
1. Ramsey
6. Amone/Sloan
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt

We need to go to the market for a high-quality edge forward (Fifita) and a top-quality prop (Haas). We can do this because, apart from Hunt, the cap space taken up by our spine, is very economical right now.

Make no mistake, the Dragons do have the cap to buy both Haas and Fifita and if they did recruit both these players, the Dragons would be a top 4 club in 2023.

Mojo

Bench
And if they are willing to pay $1m for hunt, can someone pass on my details to the Dolphins as I have a slightly used bridge for sale, just needs a lick of paint (the Maestro can provide a quote).
I don‘t have a bridge but at 65 I still have some ball skills.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Big NO for Marshall King Lodge Flannagan.

Yes for Creighton possible Hargraves, Liam Martin, Mattison, Hunt and Uele from sharks..
7 quality forwards to choose from as we need at least 2 of them.
I know people would be against Hargraves but he has been in the top 3 Front rowers for 10 years and i thi k we could get a couple out of him.
Uele or Hunt would be my first choice front rowers.
Creighton my second rower.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Been told by a source at the bulldogs (works close with Gould) that Sloan, Sullivan and Amone hate Hook and that Hook is looking after his mates (which is clear with Macca that is for sure). The 3 young guns want out and Bennet and Gould are sniffing. Both mates with the Player Managers looking after the 3 hence where they are getting the sniff. Saints may lose the future spine due to Hook. Pretty scary.

Sad thing is club is dumb and will probably let them go and let Hook get his way only to see the 3 young guns rip us apart and the Saints sticking with old washed out players until it is too late as Hook will probably get a year or 2 to wreak more havoc and bring in more old pensioners. Saints have a future Penrith setup of great youth coming through which will be ripped apart.

Saints need to act quick and get Flanno in there or some other coach with an idea and not one that looks after his mates. The coach and board now have something in common. Sad.

Yow

Juniors
Been told by a source at the bulldogs (works close with Gould) that Sloan, Sullivan and Amone hate Hook and that Hook is looking after his mates (which is clear with Macca that is for sure). The 3 young guns want out and Bennet and Gould are sniffing. Both mates with the Player Managers looking after the 3 hence where they are getting the sniff. Saints may lose the future spine due to Hook. Pretty scary.

Sad thing is club is dumb and will probably let them go and let Hook get his way only to see the 3 young guns rip us apart and the Saints sticking with old washed out players until it is too late as Hook will probably get a year or 2 to wreak more havoc and bring in more old pensioners. Saints have a future Penrith setup of great youth coming through which will be ripped apart.

Saints need to act quick and get Flanno in there or some other coach with an idea and not one that looks after his mates. The coach and board now have something in common. Sad.
Everyone has a mate that knows something

Latest posts