What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVee_8

Juniors
I think they go about counting how many tackles they have already done and say to themselves, I've done my share so the next ones his. Beats me Denis! I guess like most of the bottom 8 teams, defence and the lack of it is a big issue. All players in the comp would have been doing defence drills all of their football life. I just wonder what our coaches are not doing.

Surely they can look at videos of games played by Penrith and Storm for example to see how they get their players to defend. Put into practise the things that they learn and with the proper techniques and just follow the "leaders". To me it shouldn't be so hard, but then again there is tackling and there is other tackling - being many missed and all players have one or two or several in games. It's the ones that are missed that causes consternation.
My opinion is we don’t lock up the ball. All those offloads we allow cause us to get tired… which leads to the missed tackles

Dragon David

First Grade
My opinion is we don’t lock up the ball. All those offloads we allow cause us to get tired… which leads to the missed tackles
Yes that is so true. So that is one thing that the guys have just got to do better - practise it.

You know when you think about things RedVee, us forum people have so many thoughts and ideas that we throw about amongst ourselves which is great. I guess that Hook and his merry men would know about all these bits and pieces that we bandy around each other. If not, we should send them notes every week of where we see problems. I'm sure we all have a lot of ability to do this. Just thinking of course.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just getting back into the swing of things since my illness and note that there have been players going here, there and everywhere. What about us? Is the club happy with who we have?

BLM01

First Grade
Correct, even when we tackle high and on the flip side, from Sunday's game i can remember only one offload we did after contact in a tackle was made against us, which was Bird in the 1st half.
How dare he!

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes, really very good to see Ben's name at the top of the leaderboard. I think counting stops during rep fixtures, don't they?

BTW Gareth. Is the Daily M short for the Daily Mirror? Yes I know it was a typo and you meant Dally M.
The years have been catching up to me off late , constantly walking around the house looking for my glasses which of course are perched firmly upon my head and now becoming lazy in my gramma - lawdy where will it end ?

Dally Messenger of course was the name I was looking for Dave , although I must say that I did enjoy reading the Mirror of a night .

Dragon David

First Grade
The years have been catching up to me off late , constantly walking around the house looking for my glasses which of course are perched firmly upon my head and now becoming lazy in my gramma - lawdy where will it end ?

Dally Messenger of course was the name I was looking for Dave , although I must say that I did enjoy reading the Mirror of a night .
Me too and doing the crosswords. Get all the news and crosswords on the internet now so no need for the papers. Just lots of ads as always.

dannyt

Coach
Yes that is so true. So that is one thing that the guys have just got to do better - practise it.

You know when you think about things RedVee, us forum people have so many thoughts and ideas that we throw about amongst ourselves which is great. I guess that Hook and his merry men would know about all these bits and pieces that we bandy around each other. If not, we should send them notes every week of where we see problems. I'm sure we all have a lot of ability to do this. Just thinking of course.
Bennett has a saying; "when you listen to the fans, you may as well join them in the stands".

Crush

Coach
Sydney is the shittest city in the world. I’ve been sitting in an Uber and moved 150m in past 40 minutes trying to get through Friday evening traffic. It’s a shithole, if only I could move out of this cesspool of a city, I hate it.