What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redV06

Juniors

With this clubs direction over the last half dozen years nothing would surprise me.

They (bulldogs) seem very confident in him joining.

Anyone hear anything different? Will the 14 jumper in 2023 be enough to hold onto him?

We have sfa money to go to market to buy quality forwards, will they let him go to free up money?

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
With this clubs direction over the last half dozen years nothing would surprise me.

They (bulldogs) seem very confident in him joining.

Anyone hear anything different? Will the 14 jumper in 2023 be enough to hold onto him?

We have sfa money to go to market to buy quality forwards, will they let him go to free up money?
No! We have got to keep Sullivan somehow. However, the Bulldogs look a more "attractive" club to be with in the next couple of years. For Sullivan, the extra money would come in handy no doubt and if he is wanting a full time half's role and the Dogs offered him that, albeit he hasn't played much so far in first grade to truly gauge his standing (has great potential though and that could be something that Ciraldo can work on).

We just need to keep him and have him on the field next year full time with the other young ones when their turns are warranted and they have "matured".

RedVee_8

Juniors
Firstly, I hope this is all rubbish. But we have seen many times that there is often fire where the smoke is. Too many times.

What gets me is there is an option to “just say no” to anyones request for a release.

We did it to Tallis and he was saying on radio a few weeks ago that in hindsight he appreciates that decision and wished that clubs would still take that stand.

FlameThrower

Bench
A lot of grounds are council owned shouldn’t the local council in Leichhardt fixed the railing before hand that’s why you pay rent for the ground
Inner West Council too busy, ripping up good roads to remove car spots and add bicycle lanes. Leichhardt has been a disgrace for decades. I’ve already mentioned George’s River Council hair brain idea to have State Govt pay for the upgrade at Kogarah - with an aquatic centre in the refurb!

Dragons4me

Juniors
Rumour according to someone’s post in
“the Kennel” (dogs forum) that Sullivans family yesterday at the game were saying he’s going to look good in the blue/white, just awaiting the release.

I hope not! 😡
Let me finish the sentence. "Just awaiting the release that's not going to come. That's the problem with the animals in the kennell. Tell 'em to quit smelling each other's butts.

BLM01

First Grade
There is no doubt in my mind that we need to recruit a couple of first-grade props and at least one top-flight edge forward for 2023. So for me, David Fifita has always been a target to fill the edge forward position vacated by Sims.

We should get rid of the deadwood from our forward pack to fill these critical positions.
David Fifita for the money he is getting is deadwood. I watched him closely when he came on, he sits back and does SFA unless given the ball on his side of the field

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So Dogs have an offer for him whilst he is contracted till 2025. Looks like Dragons can easily step in and take the Dogs to the cleaners for tapping up a player. But then again Its Saints v Dogs, Vaughn was banned for 8 NRL games which was then dismissed after he signed for the Dogs as he was sacked from Saints after that ban, and therefore did not miss any NRL footy for any club. Because he signed for the Dogs that ban was waived and he missed 0 games whilst contracted to a club in the NRL. Only the Dogs, Storm or Sharks can get that luxury unfortunately when it comes to the NRL.

If Saints let Bud go that will do me. What a shambles this club is becoming. Penrith won their 2nd Minor premiership in 3 years. Wow, that was Saints only 11 years ago. How far have Saints fallen. I guarantee Panthers will never fall that far down in the next 11 years and that is make a couple of finals series in from next year onwards. They actually have a board that wants success more regularly not every 30 years.

Budpower

Juniors
its all up to Bud, From what ive seen of his passion, love for the game, his team etc, his swearing of like a spiritual oath to us and like us, loving Dragons, and knowing first grade will be far far more fun, rewarding and exciting winning in the Red and White WITH his life long buddies im sure he wont be so impatient to leave knowing that either way, he will be playing first grade next season for one of us, im sure he will not be so impatient as to ruin his whole lifelong dream of playing with us to just up and leave TO OUR BIGGEST RIVAL....cant see it, he has far more depth, honour, patience, loyalty and grit, mettle than that as a warrior im sure....

Unsainty79

Juniors
I am continually surprised when people genuinely think that we will retain Sullivan. I mean this is the Dragons. We went from having McInnes and Robson, to an over the hill McCullough in the space of 18 months.

Whether we like it or not, the Dogs now have an up and coming coach & Gus is a big draw card no matter what you think of him.

What worries me more is Gus saying he knows what Ben Hunt wants ($875k). I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a nibble. Gus did bag the Saints in 2017 when we signed him though.

Latest posts