What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mjab

Juniors
And Riccio also saying that players want to know who will be coaching the Dragon's in 2024. That's like saying I am not going to the Rooster's or Penrith or whatever club you want to name until you tell me who will be the coach in 2 years time. No one can tell you that with certainty.

Regarding Sloan, while he might be very talented, not all make it out of their age group and into first grade. I would say if all players are fit, out best backline is:
FB: Ramsey
WIng: Rava and Feagai
Centres: Lomax and Suli
5/8: Amone
Half: Hunt

Now you can argue that Bud should be half and Hunt hooker, but where does Sloan play? Maybe takes Feagai's wing position, but then Feagai will be pissed and maybe want a release. Also we have the other Feagai brother. Then you will have supporters saying you should not drop Feagai for Sloan as Feagai has done nothing wrong. Same if you drop Ramsey to appease Sloan, you might have Ramsey then getting pissed off and asking for a release and supporters getting all upset. Now I am not here to support Hook, but where does Sloan play in that backline?

Bottom line for me as a few have said, perform week in week out in ressies, and if you get a chance in the firsts, take it and don't give the coach an excuse to drop you. Do you really think that Hook is purposely not playing Sloan if he thinks Sloan can help him win more games, but no, I won't play Sloan and jeopardize my coaching position?
I generally agree

but I think long term Sloan has more upside than Feagai long term

yes his last try was a nice highlight against a pathetic defence but he lacks speed

Sloan will win us games but I can’t and haven’t seen anything like that from Feagai . I’m not totally bagging him out he is solid but won’t make wing at majority clubs

i Think Sloan has to be Winger and work on his numerous deficiencies but in first grade

as others have said Hook will not do it as he is trying to save his own arse early next year

Mojo

Bench
If (and it could be a big if as there are unnamed "sources" involved) Young has given Sloan a wink and a nudge that the thorn in his caboose will be gone in 12 months, this club is even more dysfunctional than I thought. Why, after the great Mary extension went horribly wrong, would they want to repeat that mistake- and now Chairman Craig is virtually admitting to Sloan that they've made another mistake! Bizarre!
Better that the Chairman recognises the mistake and demands it be addressed than have him bury his head in the sand. I can't imagine Craig Young and Hook really hitting it off together.

Mjab

Juniors
Fat Albert was a great player and captain BUT he has essentially F^^^d up everything else he has touched ie coach , he did recruitment i think and has been on a rabble of aa BOD and essentially should have a role at the club where he can do no harm . I cant comment on the timing but was he chairman when Hook was extended and even if not he was on the board who accepted it. having FA with a bigger role will be a long term disaster for the club

possm

Coach
We have one his name is Hunt .....
I have said it before, 2023 is not going to be a gf winning season so, why not put a team together that will go well in season 2024.

1. Swap Hunt for David Fifita.
2. Keep Sloan and Sullivan.
3. Sign a new top-line prop.
4. Sign Robson as our hooker
5. Select players for round 1 on Form during the off season and trials. Right now I would go with:

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
8. New prop
9. Robson
10. De Belin
11. Fifita
12. Su'A
13. Bird

14. Mbye
15. Lawrie
16. F Molo
17. M Molo

If the above players are prepared properly, fit and ready to go, this would be the best 17 we could hope for.

Woods, Burgess, Coric as backup props.
A young gun as our backup hooker.
Burns, Ford as our backup back row
Juniors as a backup in the halves
Max Feagai as a backup in the centers
Juniors as backup on the wing
Sloan as backup Fullback

Smacka

Juniors
Standby for our Management Team to announce our new Coach. After their Season has now drawn to a close , it will be a shock to many - yes , John Longmire ! The Swans put in a typical "Red & white" performance today.:p

Yow

Juniors
I have said it before, 2023 is not going to be a gf winning season so, why not put a team together that will go well in season 2024.

1. Swap Hunt for David Fifita.
2. Keep Sloan and Sullivan.
3. Sign a new top-line prop.
4. Sign Robson as our hooker
5. Select players for round 1 on Form during the off season and trials. Right now I would go with:

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feigai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
8. New prop
9. Robson
10. De Belin
11. Fifita
12. Su'A
13. Bird

14. Mbye
15. Lawrie
16. F Molo
17. M Molo

If the above players are prepared properly, fit and ready to go, this would be the best 17 we could hope for.

Sloan as backup Fullback
I am worried about number 8 new prop heard he is a lazy trainer

Sloan as backup Fullback and 5/8
Agree. Ford is gone.. dont you mean Jaiyden Hunt.

Latest posts