What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
Bit dramatic....Amone going nowhere. If Bud wants to sook about it, let him go. I am sure Braxton won't mind learning from Hunt, and ready to step up in 24/25.

I would rather release a 1 game rookie halfback than our only Origin / Aussie rep player. If Gould wants Bud so much, use him as a pawn in a swap for Luke Thompson to strengthen our forwards
I don’t want to lose Sullivan but if he wants out to the dogs then I agree DTW, say Sullivan and 200k for Luke Thompson. If Gus cries then ta ta.

People need to remember that Sullivan and Sloan are contracted to SAINTS so at the end of the day it’s up to the club not the player

possm

Coach
Why does everyone think you (Bud) need to be mentored ?? Was Elias mentored by Reynolds before he was thrown into the starting side? You play your game not adapt someone else's.
Bud has played enough & been around the system long enough to slot STRAIGHT IN !!!!!!
Sullivan has had a run of injuries over the past two seasons and played poorly during his short stint this season.

be55

Juniors
We must have some new recruits in mind. I only hope they spend on first-grade-level forwards
laughter laughing GIF

Amone and Sloan are signed to the end of 2024 while Sullivan is signed to the end of 2025. I cant see the Dragons letting either one out of their deals with club.
Yeh. Perhaps I over reacted. I did hear we have refused to allow Tyrell a release and no way will we want Junior gone.. not heard the same with Sully only what Albert said about him hanging round to learn from Hunt until he is ready for Firsts.

Illusion

Bench
Why does everyone think you (Bud) need to be mentored ?? Was Elias mentored by Reynolds before he was thrown into the starting side? You play your game not adapt someone else's.
Bud has played enough & been around the system long enough to slot STRAIGHT IN !!!!!!
Spot on totally agree so mentor Bud , what with Hunts 3 bad years or his only one good year ..... Players are different , Sully will work it out all that is needed is Hunt to play at 9 when needed giving Sully time to settle in ..... If Sully needs time then Hunt can rotate with him , not leave him in lower grade for another 3 years .......

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeh. Perhaps I over reacted. I did hear we have refused to allow Tyrell a release and no way will we want Junior gone.. not heard the same with Sully only what Albert said about him hanging round to learn from Hunt until he is ready for Firsts.
Even though Sullivan is signed to the end of 2025, for some reason I feel that Sullivan would be granted an early release. I've just got this gut feeling. This of course is if Hunt officially re-signs for 2 more years. I know that Sloan hasn't been happy and at the same time Sullivan raised some doubts about his stay at the Dragons.

I could be way wrong of course, but I'm sure that neither Sloan nor Sullivan have much love for Mr Hook.

Amone will not be going as he has "proven" himself as the 5/8th in the team and as you have said, Tyrell's request to be released has been knocked back but that doesn't mean that he will be happy to stay at the Dragons with Hook in charge.

Dragon David

First Grade
Spot on totally agree so mentor Bud , what with Hunts 3 bad years or his only one good year ..... Players are different , Sully will work it out all that is needed is Hunt to play at 9 when needed giving Sully time to settle in ..... If Sully needs time then Hunt can rotate with him , not leave him in lower grade for another 3 years .......
I honestly think that with Jacob Liddle being signed for next year, Hook will start him as the hooker with maybe Macca as back up on the bench. Hunt will be the 7 and Sullivan left right out. The angst between Sullivan and Sloan with Hook will not go away. They are deadset not liking Hook at all in my opinion.

Mojo

Bench
Exactly. It's so frustrating! Why is there a problem?

We have a tired old hooker who has never shown any great attacking skills even at his peak, which was a long time ago. Meanwhile, we have a great hooker playing at halfback - a guy with a poor short kicking game, while we keep a really talented young halfback, who has a lifetime combination with our 5/8, on the bench - if he's lucky!

There's an excellent side already available but we go out of our way not to put it on the field!

The problem, obviously, is Hook. C'mon guys....

Qdf

Juniors
Even though Sullivan is signed to the end of 2025, for some reason I feel that Sullivan would be granted an early release. I've just got this gut feeling. This of course is if Hunt officially re-signs for 2 more years. I know that Sloan hasn't been happy and at the same time Sullivan raised some doubts about his stay at the Dragons.

I could be way wrong of course, but I'm sure that neither Sloan nor Sullivan have much love for Mr Hook.

Amone will not be going as he has "proven" himself as the 5/8th in the team and as you have said, Tyrell's request to be released has been knocked back but that doesn't mean that he will be happy to stay at the Dragons with Hook in charge.
Maybe in time, when Sloan shows some form he can play on the wing. Swapping with Ramsey now & then. That way Sloan gets his chance at FB, and Ramsey gets a short rest. Might be a way to introduce both rookies.

denis preston

First Grade

Out of all the people you mentioned there Hook is the most likely to be gone during or at the end of 2023.

Mojo

Bench
Maybe in time, when Sloan shows some form he can play on the wing. Swapping with Ramsey now & then. That way Sloan gets his chance at FB, and Ramsey gets a short rest. Might be a way to introduce both rookies.
Yes. And if Hunt insists on playing half (to extend his highly paid career), then why not rest him to run Sullivan? It just can't be this difficult to give these young guys a solid run in 1st grade. If Hunt is a 'mentor', and paid squillions, he needs to provide a real service to the club.
It's not just about applauding Hunt and stuffing bills into his bank account.

Qdf

Juniors
I honestly think that with Jacob Liddle being signed for next year, Hook will start him as the hooker with maybe Macca as back up on the bench. Hunt will be the 7 and Sullivan left right out. The angst between Sullivan and Sloan with Hook will not go away. They are deadset not liking Hook at all in my opinion.
Good idea, but I don't think McCullough deserves a start anywhere in the team. Bud will have to be 14 or I think he'll walk.

Latest posts