What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade

Gareth67

First Grade
Awful news , Cody was very impressive during the year , in fact I would say among one of the few shining lights in an otherwise drab team .

There is one thing that the Dragons are most proficient at and that is looking after their players when injured or ill so the young bloke will be in good hands .

Wish the kid the best and also a speedy recovery .

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Yes, the article I read was all Gold Coast, Titans, Palm Beach Currumbin High School and Going Home and finished with a throwaway line like "oh, and the Dragons are interested". That makes it sound like we would only get him if the Broncos release him AND the Titans couldn't afford him.

Oh well, stranger things have happened I guess.
I think we’re a decent chance of signing Fifita for ‘24 he’s a sellout with no loyalty so will just follow the money. No wonder GC are already looking for a replacement with ties to the local area.

BLM01

First Grade
Thanks for this DD. Reading this article it sounds like preparing for worst case scenario in regards to surgery and not playing next year and beyond.
Heres hoping he is back at pre season sometime early next year and the drugs do their thing
Get well Jesus!, we need you in the squad.

Old Timer

Coach
Auto immune health problems are very nasty things.

Here’s hoping that the treatment regime gets him a full recovery and a normal life with or without footy.

Nice to see something positive about Hook and his attitude and I can hazard a guess that for all his funny ways of doing things he does have his heart in the right place in relation to his players welfare..

Maddragon99

Juniors
This article , in similar vein, was posted on the Fox Sports website just over 1 hour ago -

One thing we lack is genuine speed & Cody has plenty. Cometh the hour cometh the man, time for Sloan to stop sooking & really step up for us. 🙄

Coffs dragon

Bench
We can only wish Cody makes a successful recovery to this serious illness. Football should be the last thing on his and his family’s minds at present.
Good on Hook as well for his care and compassion to his players. I’m sure it is most appreciated by Cody & family.
May the Saints look after this young man 🙏

Maddragon99

Juniors
Thanks for this DD. Reading this article it sounds like preparing for worst case scenario in regards to surgery and not playing next year and beyond.
Heres hoping he is back at pre season sometime early next year and the drugs do their thing
Get well Jesus!, we need you in the squad.
So suppose it’ll be;

1) Sloan at the back & Mbye to the bench or
2) Mbye at the back & Sullivan to the bench