What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Wait, you actually think someone isn't entitled to a presumption of innocence if they have prior indiscretions? I thought you misspoke previously, but seems you genuinely believe that.

It's not a matter of what I believe or don't believe-and of course I believe a player is entitled to a presumption of innocence- BUT- if clubs see a pattern of negative behaviour (as with Robati)- they will act to terminate a player even if there is a matter still before the court- as there is in Robati's case. Very often contracts for serial offenders will have behavioural clauses included addressing this issue as well. As on old front rower once observed, it's not rocket surgery!

Gareth67

First Grade
Unfortunately it would appear that just about all of the big name players have been signed or have had their contracts extended .

I believe that our recruitment has no other option then to look overseas , the E.S.L in particular where there is an abundance of true quality players .

Whatever money the club may have and whatever sponsor dollars are available would be better used to attract such players for next season onwards .

Dragon David

First Grade
Unfortunately it would appear that just about all of the big name players have been signed or have had their contracts extended .

I believe that our recruitment has no other option then to look overseas , the E.S.L in particular where there is an abundance of true quality players .

Whatever money the club may have and whatever sponsor dollars are available would be better used to attract such players for next season onwards .
Gone are the days Gareth that the Dragons were the club that players wanted to play for. Nowadays, the players we sign up from other clubs are not wanted by those clubs and are just happy to collect whatever dough they can get from us. These players don't have the heart for the Dragons that we once had some considerable years ago.

There is now little attraction to draw big names to us and we will have to rely on our juniors in the main to come good and make a name for themselves one day.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Unfortunately Fifita has re-signed with the Titans. Club did everything they could to bring him here but he is pretty happy up there & believes they are building something special.

Club turns it’s attention to securing the signature of NAS & are upping their offer significantly.

Where'd you hear the NAS potential signing?

Great pickup if we get him. Finally a massive body in the middle to compliment our hard workers & smaller mobile forwards. He can bend the line allowing space & ruck speed for the others to take advantage. Melb also used him on the edge late last season as a big attacking edge forward. We can definitely do that in the attacking 20 imo. He wouldn't play for Melbourne if he wasn't good.

I still want us to get a big mobile edge forward too.

Some players I'm hoping we target are Chris Patolo (bulldogs forward), Teig Wilton (sharks 2rf, gun line runner), Jacob Host (solid player with good potential).

Whatever happens I don't want us to waste money on a mediocre player or average player.

loulash

Juniors

Great pickup if we get him. Finally a massive body in the middle to compliment our hard workers & smaller mobile forwards. He can bend the line allowing space & ruck speed for the others to take advantage. Melb also used him on the edge late last season as a big attacking edge forward. We can definitely do that in the attacking 20 imo. He wouldn't play for Melbourne if he wasn't good.

Some players I'm hoping we target are Chris Patolo (bulldogs forward), Teig Wilton (sharks 2rf, gun line runner), Jacob Host (solid player with good potential).

Whatever happens I don't want us to waste money on a mediocre player or average player.
From sources within the club mate.

lombard

Juniors

Jacob Host was a player we let go - no way he would return to this shit show again

Gareth67

First Grade
Gone are the days Gareth that the Dragons were the club that players wanted to play for. Nowadays, the players we sign up from other clubs are not wanted by those clubs and are just happy to collect whatever dough they can get from us. These players don't have the heart for the Dragons that we once had some considerable years ago.

There is now little attraction to draw big names to us and we will have to rely on our juniors in the main to come good and make a name for themselves one day.
Agree D.D. our juniors are our future , however the coach must use them on a consistent basis with the view of the players being in the team permanently - not to run onto the field when the game is all but lost .

Unfortunately Griffin has been guilty of this and these young players who possess so much potential are left disappointed at seasons end and wonder if there truly is a future for them at the Dragons and begin to look towards greener pastures .

Still the Big Red V requires a player or two who has plenty of big game experience , one who is respected and perhaps one that the entire team could take inspiration from . The overriding factor is that this individual/s is no dinosaur in the twilight of his career , but in his mid twenties , preferably a prop and at present the E.S.L. has plenty of them who have big match experience.

I recall how South Sydney were going through some very lean years and made a play for the Bulldogs Roy Asitasi (?) whom was one of the best props going around at the time . They got their man and built the team around him with further acquisitions here and there .

To my mind the Dragons are now at that point and have been for a number of years , they badly need that same type of player and use him as a foundation stone for the future .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree D.D. our juniors are our future , however the coach must use them on a consistent basis with the view of the players being in the team on a permanent basis - not to run onto the field when the game is all but lost .

Unfortunately Griffin has been guilty of this and these young players who possess so much potential are left disappointed at seasons end and wonder if there truly is a future for them at the Dragons and begin to look towards greener pastures .

Still the Big Red V requires a player or two who has plenty of big game experience , one who is respected and perhaps one that the entire team could take inspiration from . The overriding factor is that this individual/s is no dinosaur in the twilight of his career , but in his mid twenties , preferably a prop and at present the E.S.L. has plenty of them who have big match experience.

I recall how South Sydney were going through some very lean years and made a play for the Bulldogs Roy Asitasi (?) whom was one of the best props going around at the time . They got their man and built the team around him with further acquisitions here and there .

To my mind the Dragons are now at that point and have been for a number of years , they badly need that same type of player and use him as a foundation stone for the future .
Totally agree Gareth.

I definately dont want NAS on our team.He is a grub of the highest order. Ive watched his dirty play too many times to want him playing for us. I'd rather blood some juniors than to just pay overs to get anybody to join us. I cant believe around the whole of this country there isnt a junior out there just waiting for his chance. Please no more has beens and players who spend half their time on the sideline after yet another suspension. NAS doesnt suit our proud tradition, and i certainly dont want it lowered to his standard

Latest posts