What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Lethal25

Juniors
So Souths are apparently wanting to sign Jack Wighton for 800K a year even though Canberra have officially registered a 1.1M a year offer (great move Ricky).
I think South should be allowed to sign Wighton for 800K a year but their salary cap should be debited the higher of the contract amount 800K or 90% of any registered offer 990K.
Lets see if Souths are still interested to sign Jack on these terms!
Didn't Souths do a similar thing with Suaalii. Let the NRL know they'd offered him x amount so the roosters had to register his contract at that level. Can't have it both ways

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
JD > is paul turner definitely a nrl top 30 in 2023? I was guessing he was due to playing a little nrl prior to joining but is he for sure ?

If amone has to step down in 2023 how does he affect top30?

Any word on Kerr re-signing with us rather than going to the Dolphins?

shiloh dc

Juniors
Compare our draw vs Souths. In the first 10 games for each team Saints will play 3 teams currently in Top 8. Souths on the other had play 9 teams in the top 8 (excluding themselves from the top 8).
Clearly the draw has been deliberately set to ensure teams expected to perform poorly play each other more often. This along with the rigged salary cap just re-inforces that lack of integrity and fairness in the game.
Sadly, in spite of such an easy draw, the fact that we are near the bottom of the ladder highlights how shit we are.

Dragon David

First Grade
Compare our draw vs Souths. In the first 10 games for each team Saints will play 3 teams currently in Top 8. Souths on the other had play 9 teams in the top 8 (excluding themselves from the top 8).
Clearly the draw has been deliberately set to ensure teams expected to perform poorly play each other more often. This along with the rigged salary cap just re-inforces that lack of integrity and fairness in the game.
Sadly, in spite of such an easy draw, the fact that we are near the bottom of the ladder highlights how shit we are.
A coach can only do so much with a team more suitable to playing reserves when you analyse them all. We cannot be anywhere near top 4 if we have low grade players no matter who we get as the coach to replace Hook. In fact, to me if Hook was the coach of the Bunnies, he would be winning many more games with their squad of players - it is plainly obvious.

Oust our players and get better ones please and keep the coach I say hahahaha!

TheRev

Coach
JD > is paul turner definitely a nrl top 30 in 2023? I was guessing he was due to playing a little nrl prior to joining but is he for sure ?

If amone has to step down in 2023 how does he affect top30?

Any word on Kerr re-signing with us rather than going to the Dolphins?
o Turner was such an unlucky signing, not realising Amone was going to be available.. was at least our 3rd choice behind Taafe (who ironically might end up on the market) and Averillo who I also think might end up on the market.. I think we got sold a lemon. We will definitely be stuck with him in our Top 30 for 2yrs.. he has 10 1st-grade games at the Titans/Warriors.. he lasted 2yrs at each club... I think he has to succeed at 5/8 or I don't know where we are going to put him..good footwork, but 95kg, big and slow.

o Not sure Re: Amone, dont recall getting cap relief for JDB, but I'd reckon we get the Top30 spot back.. but suspect not our cap space.

o Kerr is one of the prime examples of why we need to sort our coach asap.. he hasn't had much love from Hook at all.. and mentioned they don't get much info out of hook about how they are doing... but maybe the next coach will have a word in his ear and tell him that he's wanted.. otherwise im sure someone will pick him up..