What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
Spare me. As todays younger generation say LOL.

Even the commentators were emphasising the fact that the bloke can’t draw and pass and not just once but on at least on 3 occasions. And how long has he been in first grade?
I saw the same Euan today that used to play for the dragons. 1 on 1 with the ball he was great and strong. Zero step and couldn’t pass to his winger to save his life. Nothing has changed just the media blowing smoke up the asses of the dolphins

Rocket Rod

Juniors

Even the commentators were emphasising the fact that the bloke can’t draw and pass and not just once but on at least on 3 occasions. And how long has he been in first grade?
The commentators know shit. No essentially he’s not a draw and pass centre and not many are although he did a nice around the corner pass to set up Jennings and then followed up with the match winner with sheer strength.
Excellent defence as well
Just saying

Puff

First Grade
Hey Guys
My son plays Premier League, some of the refereeing is down right disgusting, in a trail game a few weeks back one his mates had his knee shattered in disgusting act, the ref had no control which lead to an all in.

He played footy at school, in state comps they were playing against kids that were twice their size so wrong.

He chose Soccer all his mates play. It’s all the same what ever you play they have problems don’t they.
Sorry mate, that’s not the refs fault. That’s the gronks in the league your son plays in unfortunately, and the parents that take them there.

All in brawls aren’t caused by refs. They are caused by the Morons that start them.

possm

Coach
The commentators know shit. No essentially he’s not a draw and pass centre and not many are although he did a nice around the corner pass to set up Jennings and then followed up with the match winner with sheer strength.
Excellent defence as well
Just saying
I've always said a good coach makes the difference. Bennett is a great coach and Hook is past his used-by date. The Dragons BOD is too slow when it comes to moving bad coaches on.

Gippsy

Bench
This legs tackle thing, that will lead to less injuries is a myth, and it is many people's solution to less concussions. What isn't taken into account is that most concussions don't come from high tackles on attackers, they come from low tackles from defenders. Defenders end up concussed more often than attackers do because aiming lower means it's much easier to catch a stray elbow, hip or knee to the head.
You may be right, but if the technique is correct I think it would reduce injury. I know from experience as a skinny as a rake kid first playing footy, that I was getting ragdolled everytime I tried to make a tackle until someone told me to tackle around the legs. No problems thereafter.

Inisai's comments are spot on.

Rod Coil

Juniors
The good st George juniors go and play in the Illawarra comp. St George comp isn’t strong enough for their development anymore
That’s at Jersey Flegg age. Kids below that still play in the district. The District club funnels them mostly to Kingsgrove & Kogarah these days. All the current designated ‘Pathways’ players (15/16) are locals.

Dragon David

First Grade

We all know the flaws of Euan and yes there were no tears when he left us, but at the moment, like right now in this series, he has done quite well under Bennett. Lomax isn't drawing and passing that much nowadays and I just like the way Euan scored that last try to seal the victory for the Dolphins, is that alright?

BLM01

First Grade
Respectfully disagree, the new generation don't do it correctly! Most tackles that are low that cause injuries is because they haven't perfected the technique on the way to first grade. The position their head incorrectly and the timing is out; i don't believe its a myth at all. Reward leg tacklers and perfect the technique.
100% otherwise why was not all these concussions now albeit highlighted as prominent as years gone past. Even 10 years ago where we did not have stand up tackling but the wrestle was starting to be in vogue

Puff

First Grade
We all know the flaws of Euan and yes there were no tears when he left us, but at the moment, like right now in this series, he has done quite well under Bennett. Lomax isn't drawing and passing that much nowadays and I just like the way Euan scored that last try to seal the victory for the Dolphins, is that alright?
Guys, I don't want Aitken in our team. You're all commenting on this last try. Did you see the one he bombed last week? You're all just looking at him after 1 game.

We have Farnworth coming next year, and I would like another centre if possible, this way there is no Lee or Aitken to worry about.

redv13

Bench
Guys, I don't want Aitken in our team. You're all commenting on this last try. Did you see the one he bombed last week? You're all just looking at him after 1 game.

We have Farnworth coming next year, and I would like another centre if possible, this way there is no Lee or Aitken to worry about.
We watched Aitken for 6 seasons in the red V. He’s a frustrating character who can do some good things but plenty of not so good things. Enjoy him

Rocket Rod

Juniors
You mustn't have watched him last week then!!!!!
Actually I didn’t see him play last week. They got touched up by souffs so they probably were all a bit off.
Remember they are going to get touched up being new and having not as much depth. My second team now same colours as us and they try super hard. Lots to admire I actually thought they’d be lucky to win a game this year. Haa uncle Wayne always gets the best out of his team!

Dragon David

First Grade
Actually I didn’t see him play last week. They got touched up by souffs so they probably were all a bit off.
Remember they are going to get touched up being new and having not as much depth. My second team now same colours as us and they try super hard. Lots to admire I actually thought they’d be lucky to win a game this year. Haa uncle Wayne always gets the best out of his team!
Yep. Plenty to admire about with this new team. New coaches, bringing in players who have not played together except for some Stormers, Cowboys and Broncos maybe, whatever, short on depth, all willing and able and keen and of course Uncle Wayne being the man manager. Don't forget Kristian Woolf and Nathan Fien and of course the red colour.

Next year they will be stronger.

slippery5

Juniors
Yes, my daughter said she now has a team she is going to stick with. My other daughter wouldn't switch from the Dragons even if she was married to a player from another team.