What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So if true Melb pulled all stops to land Ryles ahead of Saints. And some here reckon Ryles will be a failure. Melb don't think so handing over the reins to him once Bellamy goes. What a dogs breakfast this whole this was. Very disappointing if Ryles chose to wait a couple of years to get a HC role rather than join Saints. The Saints HC role is really looking like the poison chalice that the media is portraying.

If Ryles does not get it then Saints better of going Hasler or Flanno. Only thing Hasler will leave a mess when he goes so be prepared. Flanno left the Sharks in a good state and they are still performing well since his departure with a strong squad. I would rather Flanno than Hasler.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'll do you one better. Young head coach with Ben Rogers as assistant haha.
I'll do better than that. "Ahem, Anthony - all is forgiven, the job is yours if you want it back".

No, it's a complete joke. At the end of the day this drawn out saga had the makings of an Alfred Hitchcock drama where there are so many twists and turns and ifs and buts and maybes and whatnots that only the Dragons can play a big role in.

We had Bennett all lined up again a few years back only to be gazumped through Lachlan Murdochs influence for him to go back to the Broncos.

It is something now for us to expect. The same goes for several players we thought were coming to us but didn't. We have has beens for coaches and players as we are a has been club.

We suffer another rejection and it is getting sooooo depressing. Failure after failure and as many on here have said our Boardroom staff have no clout and no ability to get the best - not saying that Ryles is the best (I hope his standing down at the Storm doesn't give him much success - the bastard).

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry DD, I agree with a fair bit of what you post, but definitely not this one - even if you are joking!
Yes, that was a bit much I know. The truth is OED, I don't give a shit about any of this anymore. I have lived and breathed the Dragons for so long and my breath is running out (literally). The club is dead set lost in the wilderness and only a miracle of big proportions will be able to get it out into the open and be a force again.

I honestly cannot see us being anything but making up the numbers and because of the extra team coming in to the NRL in a couple of years time, we will be struggling along as usual.

No, our success as an NRL Club has not eventuated and unlikely to for an indefinite period. Look, we cannot even get a like for like replacement for Ramsey - it's taken so long. We have become a real joke now. Everyone knows that no-one of any importance wants to come. Getting Hornby or Young or Hasler or Flanagan now won't happen. They know that they would be alternative choices and why bother coming when they know the problems we face - it's a too hard basket job.

Latest posts