What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
Wow you're negative. Let's see what the future brings. I, for one, feel a lot more optimistic about the future than I did this time last year.
Negative all just pointing out what we know to date via the media and calling it for what it is?

Hunt is here as captain

Bud is on the outer and probably leaving

Sele & Flano Jnr touted as our 1st signings

Dean Young back in a position to aspire to HC from

Hannan still here

The most obvious of obvious have been given permission to leave or negotiate elsewhere

A coach that couldn’t get a gig anywhere else despite other HC’s appalling records is appointed for 3 years FMD he couldn’t even edge out Seibold

Yet for some it’s like Christmas a time to rejoice and be grateful for the wondrous gifts we are about to receive.

By all means tell me the positives I have missed.

Old Timer

Coach
I did not ask for your solution that was someone else
Who said Carr is not staying under Flanno. Lonax is not getting any more cleaner ball than before
Lomax has improved all round last couple of weeks snd it coincided with the Flanno talk like it or not
Carr gad been at the club the whole time
FMD wake up

You asked me for a solution when I obviously see none under Flanagan other than more of the same and the BID getting even stronger than before

You want me to put a positive spin on a clusterf**k situation

Flanno is a puppet and in 2 years time will head off to the ESL with his boy and you know what that means.

BLM01

First Grade
FMD wake up

You asked me for a solution when I obviously see none under Flanagan other than more of the same and the BID getting even stronger than before

You want me to put a positive spin on a clusterf**k situation

Flanno is a puppet and in 2 years time will head off to the ESL with his boy and you know what that means.
Stop getting cranky OT. I never asked you for a solution.. I repeat that was someone else
I dont need nor agree with your solutions. As i said I get it you dont like or agree that Flanno got the job. that is fine. Take your blinkers off for what has gone on in the past month and see it for what it is. Someone coming in and trying slowly to improve the squad and hopefully culture around the place which is what we need. Enjoy life without watching our new crap coach and team until you get the coaching staff you want and your ready to return. As for Ryles not sure why he was the one we needed.
This may be the wrong threat. Some on here advocate Musgrove to be in the team yet each of Griffin Carr and Flanno don’t want him in the team.
Is there an attitude problem ? Is he disruptive? Or just bad news.
Just curious
Tick tick tick

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
Well my solution was Ryles who would have forced change but that didn't get up for very obvious reasons
Seriously you’d choose Ryles a totally unproven rookie over Flanagan, a proven premiership winning coach?!!???
Personally I think the board despite its gross incompetence during the selection process dodged a huge bullet marked “5 more years of failure” with Ryles. Flanagan was always the best available choice for where the club finds itself now.

BLM01

First Grade
Well said OT.

All of what you said is spot on, the only thing you left out was in 2-3 years there will be many on here who are cracking it on a daily basis and claiming they knew this from the moment Flanagan was appointed.
No doubt some will, but what will you be cracking and claiming if the negative predictions are wrong

Old Timer

Coach
Seriously you’d choose Ryles a totally unproven rookie over Flanagan, a proven premiership winning coach?!!???
Personally I think the board despite its gross incompetence during the selection process dodged a huge bullet marked “5 more years of failure” with Ryles. Flanagan was always the best available choice for where the club finds itself now.
Ryles put caveats on the club which the club wouldn't acquiesce to and Flanagan gets you Dean Young & Kyle and Harran remains yep Flanno sure was the right choice for the club.

Obviously Bellache knows SFA because he took Ryles when Flanno was ripe for the plucking.

Old Timer

Coach
I did not ask for your solution that was someone else
Who said Carr is not staying under Flanno. Lonax is not getting any more cleaner ball than before
Lomax has improved all round last couple of weeks snd it coincided with the Flanno talk like it or not
Carr gad been at the club the whole time
Sorry for the solutions post to you as you correctly point out it was someone else pushing that agenda.

I never said Carr wasn't staying I just pointed out some in here had him as an option for HC.

I respectfully suggest you have a close look at our last 6 or so games compared to the rest of the shit dished up by our halves.

Blind Freddy can see the difference in structure and "time available" for our outside men under Carr.

BIG RIG

Juniors

Shane Flanagan has reportedly been in talks with Canterbury Bulldogs club captain Raymond Faitala Mariner who has been given permission to leave the club

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
SMH

This masthead has been told that Faitala-Mariner has been offered to Shane Flanagan. However, the incoming St George Illawarra Dragons coach’s priority is to strengthen his middle forwards.

Faitala-Mariner was named club captain by new coach Cameron Ciraldo back in January, just six months after the club announced his signing until the end of 2025, but has now been given the club’s blessing to leave if he can find a deal elsewhere.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
SMH

This masthead has been told that Faitala-Mariner has been offered to Shane Flanagan. However, the incoming St George Illawarra Dragons coach’s priority is to strengthen his middle forwards.

Faitala-Mariner was named club captain by new coach Cameron Ciraldo back in January, just six months after the club announced his signing until the end of 2025, but has now been given the club’s blessing to leave if he can find a deal elsewhere.
"Been offered to" doesn't necessarily mean an offer will be tabled. Flano is already on record as saying he is speaking to 25 to 30 possibilities. This bloke is just another possibility, and not necessarily a strong one.