What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I wonder if Musgrove actually maybe wanted by Catalans? As a player swap with Taukeiaho

I suppose the Dogs could offer similar with maybe Thompson heading back?

Mojo

Bench
You weirdly proved his point a bit more. Stars they are... But all bar one, including the two that are leaving, are Bronco's juniors.
It's also a question of how you define 'stars' but, more to the point, all of these guys have been with Broncos while they collected the wooden spoon in '21 and missed finals in '22 (Hass and Staggs - 2018, Flegler, Carrigan and Farnworth - 2019, Cobbo - 2021).

What changed for the Broncos? (It's a very similar scenario for StGI)

1. Seibold resigned - '21
2. Walters appointed (they 'just missed' Bellamy) - '22: Walters sacked Bird and Ofahengauie, shed lots of others, recruited Asiata, Kelly, Mead, Copley, Levi, James, Jensen, Capewell, Periera, Roberts (capable, solid guys, but not 'stars'). Tyson Gamble was OK at half but Reynolds was recruited - so was Walsh at the end of the year. They also completely restructured the front office and appointed Ikin as Head of Football.

The way I see it, the Broncos players who are now really hitting their straps (have become stars in the last 2 years if you like) have been enabled to do so by good management, a re-focused and reinvigorated club and skillful - and passionate - coaching. They were already there.

Saints can do the same. The Broncos have already provided the blueprint. This is the challenge for Flanno.

BLM01

First Grade
You weirdly proved his point a bit more. Stars they are... But all bar one, including the two that are leaving, are Bronco's juniors.
You mi-read my post
The 6 remaining stars that I named are more.than the other clubs is what I said.
It was in response to they are not full of stars snd doing better than other clubs including Roosters

And I agree with all of them, as a matter of fact he can take both Feagai's
Perhaps a little harsh on Billy Burns jd as he has been good in both grades this year. Nine gone, including Kerr and Mybe with Musgrove and Sullivan to probably join them. That is 11 names to fill in our Top 30. Flanagan has said he wants one prop, two middle forwards and two outside backs as a priority. Sele is here, now looking at Luke Thompson, Ryan Sutton, a couple of Pommies. Who else does he want. Any talk of Tino has gone dry, he must've knocked us back, too hard a sell for our recruiters. Needed to think outside the box by offering his little brother a contract too. Bummer Tino w'd have been a huge boost to our club.

Last edited:

Phantom V

Juniors
Hame Sele done which is good
Siosiua Taukeiaho signing on would also be very helpful

Two Tongan internationals :)

http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/fiche-696-taukeiaho-siua/. only one game this season?
Happy with this signing. Still young and should be coming into his prime and will also add a bit of much needed starch to our pack. Maybe Taukeiaho could provide the size and leadership we need and play a role in mentoring our younger ones coming through. Not too worried about him being 31, same age as Papali’i and he’s still going strong. I don’t know anything about his current form but the Dolphins were very keen on him at one stage. If he has no injury concerns I’d offer him 3 years @ $550 with clauses for the 3rd year.

Just hope he gets who he wants and doesnt just jump on cattle being shopped around
Yep. What we dont want are incomers no better than our outgoers such as Billy Burns and Zane Musgrove. Flanagan is looking at a couple of Pommies, Luke Thompson and Ryan Sutton to boost our pack, so seems Tino has not been given the required sell to lure him here.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Perhaps a little harsh on Billy Burns jd as he has been good in both grades this year. Nine gone, including Kerr and Mybe with Musgrove and Sullivan to probably join them. That is 11 names to fill in our Top 30. Flanagan has said he wants one prop, two middle forwards and two outside backs as a priority. Sele is here, now looking at Luke Thompson, Ryan Sutton, a couple of Pommies. Who else does he want. Any talk of Tino has gone dry, he must've knocked us back, too hard a sell for our recruiters. Needed to think outside the box by offering his little brother a contract too. Bummer Tino w'd have been a huge boost to our club.
I would say that these 6 will earn upgrades to the Top 30
- Alec Tuitavake
- Ryan Couchman
- Sione Finau
- Haele Finau
- Connor Muhleisen
- Savelio Tamale ( Already Done )

Mojo

Bench
You mi-read my post
The 6 remaining stars that I named are more.than the other clubs is what I said.
It was in response to they are not full of stars snd doing better than other clubs including Roosters
It’s all semantics of course but what I actually said was they’re not ‘packed’ with stars; I didn‘t mention the Roosters but, the Broncs are doing better than them, nonetheless.

My point is that it needs the whole club to be focused and ‘pumped’ with the ‘mission’ - not just talent.

I’ve always liked the quote “talent does what it can; genius does what it must”. The same applies to footy players. The point is that talent has to be facilitated / enabled - and that’s a whole club thing (especially the football department, of course) - and one essential ingredient is a passionate coach.

Latest posts