What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

The Word

Juniors
There are still 2 signings I think are non-neogitable for 2024:

1) Bench Hooker - Who's our #14 giving Liddle a rest? What if hes injured? Surely we arent all in on Mulheissen? Who would be the backup 14? is HFinau staying on a train and trial or gone? I dont see him listed.
2) Backup Half & 5/8 - Hunt/KFlan gives us 2 possible 7's, but without Sullivan, Herring & probably Amone.. we dont have really any injury cover bar robbing players from other positions (which are already thin)...King-Togia has played all of 3 reserve grade games also, he is a baby still.

Fullback is a bit light also... we ideally want Tracey as a quality option for Fullback/Wing/Ctr also.. but we could 'survive' with just Sloan and maybe Lomax as backup.. but with Stewart whos gone.. and Rumble whos had 1 NSWCup game.. it's not ideal..

Hopefully Amones court case is resolved next month and we can be 100% sure if we need to replace him or not..

I was reading up on some of our youngsters. I read somewhere that when King-Togia was emerging in Queensland, there was an expectation that he could end up transitioning to hooker. Don't know if this is how the Dragons see him? Pretty sure Finau Latu is still with us on Train and Trial?

TheRev

First Grade
I was reading up on some of our youngsters. I read somewhere that when King-Togia was emerging in Queensland, there was an expectation that he could end up transitioning to hooker. Don't know if this is how the Dragons see him? Pretty sure Finau Latu is still with us on Train and Trial?

Dragons 2024 supplementary list players​

Corey Ackers, Josh Coric, Dylan Egan, Connor Muhleisen, Jackson Shereb, Hamish Stewart

Dragons 2024 train and trial players​

Hayden Buchanan, Finau Latu, Jett Liu, Lyhkan King-Togia, Loko Pasifiki Tonga, Kade Reed, Nick Tsougranis, Jacob Webster
=========================

Just double checked his status.. I reckon we have him eyes off as a 7.. given we have been playing him in the halves, and got rid of Herring who he is essentially replacing.. but I have no inside info.. the good thing about guys like this and KFlan.. is if they can play hooker, it usually means they can tackle, so thats 1 less chink in the armour.

Few of those Dev players are going to need an upgrade at some point, I'd really like to just see them play well for a few months in NSW Cup though.. most of those guys are still teenagers and have played nearly no reserve grade yet.

The Word

Juniors

Dragons 2024 supplementary list players​

Corey Ackers, Josh Coric, Dylan Egan, Connor Muhleisen, Jackson Shereb, Hamish Stewart

Dragons 2024 train and trial players​

Hayden Buchanan, Finau Latu, Jett Liu, Lyhkan King-Togia, Loko Pasifiki Tonga, Kade Reed, Nick Tsougranis, Jacob Webster
=========================

Just double checked his status.. I reckon we have him eyes off as a 7.. given we have been playing him in the halves, and got rid of Herring who he is essentially replacing.. but I have no inside info.. the good thing about guys like this and KFlan.. is if they can play hooker, it usually means they can tackle, so thats 1 less chink in the armour.

Few of those Dev players are going to need an upgrade at some point, I'd really like to just see them play well for a few months in NSW Cup though.. most of those guys are still teenagers and have played nearly no reserve grade yet.
Yeah that's where he was playing in QLD as well I just remember reading that he might transition at some point. Not sure why. But yeah Kyle another option at hooker if we do end up signing another half.

Agree the youngsters may need upgrades at some point. I'm really hoping they show enough to force us to upgrade them. In the past the upgrades have been because some of our young backs have forced our hand without proving themselves in first grade, I'm guessing by threatening to leave.

Looking through our Top 30, supp players, T&T, this is probably the best crop of young forwards coming through that I've seen in ages. I know we've had to poach some from other systems, that's just the reality of our demographic. I'm excited to see what Flanagan can do with some of these talented young forwards. If he can add one or two genuine superstars for 2025 then that would be great. Hopefully in 2024 we can be competitive. Might need to be patient.

TheRev

First Grade
I keep forgetting about Shereb, I thought we would have moved him on a few years back.. especially with the younger guys looking far more promising (Couchmans, NickT, Egan etc).. I also forget we had Turner still.. I guess we do have some 1/6 cover theoretically.. but I'd really rather not invest more time in him.. but.. maybe his body id right and he will play for his career this year.

TheRev

First Grade
So all of our T & T players are players who are already in our system.
I cannot understand why we do not offer Corey Allan at least a T & T deal.
Apparently unwanted by the Roosters, and can play fullback, centre and wing.
We could slot him into the number 1 jumper while Flanagan builds up Sloan's body and confidence.
I dunno what happened to Allan, was a real weapon a few years back.. but I do agree, the questions is will we get Tracey, it would be one or the other..

My real question though is whether any of these deals are actually done but awaiting announcement, or everything is still in negotiation and may not come off...

Dragon David

First Grade
I dunno what happened to Allan, was a real weapon a few years back.. but I do agree, the questions is will we get Tracey, it would be one or the other..

My real question though is whether any of these deals are actually done but awaiting announcement, or everything is still in negotiation and may not come off...
Until such time as a players name is confirmed as a signing in the Dragons website, nothing is final. Even Tom Eisenhuth isn't a gimme at this point in time. He could still be waiting for a better deal to come his way and then say sorry to the Dragons or maybe some other words whichever takes his fancy. He is shown in Wikipedia as a player under us in 2024 but we know that counts for nothing.

Not sure.
Could some announcements for 2024 be on hold pending confirmation of Ramsey's contract not being on our books and the outcome of Amone's court case??
Would think there would be a fair few extra dollars to spend in our cap pending the resolution of both of these players contracts.

Dragon David

First Grade
Not sure.
Could some announcements for 2024 be on hold pending confirmation of Ramsey's contract not being on our books and the outcome of Amone's court case??
Would think there would be a fair few extra dollars to spend in our cap pending the resolution of both of these players contracts.
There could be many reasons why signings have not been confirmed and possibly Ramsey and Amone's cases could have a big bearing on who we can get over the line and then there could be a myriad of other things that I'm not even going to have a guess at. We have gone past the half way mark of November and at the moment there is a stronger than usual rumour that Tom Eisenhuth has signed. So we await confirmation on him and then it will be another strong rumour for the next guy. We have to be patient and see who it/they will be.

Latest posts