What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Biglance

Bench
He doesnt have a current contract, so the 10 days counter-offer period wouldn't apply.. but maybe there is still some negotiation going on in the background.. or working out some details about moving his family etc..
I'm not talking about the new rule where clubs can counter offer as last right. Ryan Webb has always said that dragons don't announce until after the ten day cooling off period of signing any player and the contract is completely registered with the nrl. Separate to what you are referring to

TheRev

First Grade
I'm not talking about the new rule where clubs can counter offer as last right. Ryan Webb has always said that dragons don't announce until after the ten day cooling off period of signing any player and the contract is completely registered with the nrl. Separate to what you are referring to
ooh I did not know that.. clearly far more patient than us fans!

TheRev

First Grade
Unless Tom is having 2nd thoughts, he may as well hurry up and turn up for training!

Mind you moving house and re-arranging schools and stuff.. its no joke.. and its only been a week.

Parko1310

Juniors
Jack Bird in a podcast I listened to said he has told Flanno he wants to play centre or 5/8 and doesn't want to play in the forwards. If he does play in the forwards, he said it will probably be back row because he doesn't want to be in the middle given his injuries, but preferably wouldn't be in the forwards at all. I think lock is his best spot by far if any spot on the field so bit disappointing to hear. I don't see where he fits in in the backline at all unless there's injury

justadragon

Bench
Jack Bird in a podcast I listened to said he has told Flanno he wants to play centre or 5/8 and doesn't want to play in the forwards. If he does play in the forwards, he said it will probably be back row because he doesn't want to be in the middle given his injuries, but preferably wouldn't be in the forwards at all. I think lock is his best spot by far if any spot on the field so bit disappointing to hear. I don't see where he fits in in the backline at all unless there's injury
What is it with these players that think they can dictate terms with the coach, I ask you is it in the best interest of the team that he plays 5/8 or centre, that is a complete joke. Just retire gracefully !!! And do it now !!!!

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
Effin hell. Well there you go. The lure of the Gould. I give up. How in hell does he do it.

Anyway, good luck to them. Nothing like buying a premiership.

If they are buying a premiership they've got a lot more shopping to do, a decent coach, decent halves, decent props/locks and with a coach like Ciraldo (who's mentors include Hook and Barrett) they're going nowhere fast.

Parko1310

Juniors
What is it with these players that think they can dictate terms with the coach, I ask you is it in the best interest of the team that he plays 5/8 or centre, that is a complete joke. Just retire gracefully !!! And do it now !!!!
He said it was because he wants to prolong his career, although he gave me the impression he'd play anywhere he's asked to play. Just stating his preference I think, but I don't see how he gets his preference because he doesn't fit into either position. I don't see him playing lock now though given he and Flanno's relationship. If he's told him he really doesn't want to play in the middle, I think Flanno will give him that leniency.

Mojo

Bench
He said it was because he wants to prolong his career, although he gave me the impression he'd play anywhere he's asked to play. Just stating his preference I think, but I don't see how he gets his preference because he doesn't fit into either position. I don't see him playing lock now though given he and Flanno's relationship. If he's told him he really doesn't want to play in the middle, I think Flanno will give him that leniency.
IMO he's finished. He shouldn't have been extended.

Bird is too slow to play Centre and is a liability in defence.

He has a chance of playing Centre if Lomax is selected at Fullback if the coach doesn’t feel that our young rugby convert is ready for first grade.

He will stifle the attack if chosen at five eight. Better to give Flanno junior the chance to prove himself.

If I were selecting the side I would struggle to pick him in the 17.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
From the games I saw him play at centre in recent years he was found wanting in defence due to his poor lateral movement, likely injury related.I know he was a centre for us as a junior coming through but can’t see him as long term centre