What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
Fair enough. I’d add value to the tpa by allowing modest signage on the players shorts regardless of club stuff.

Who is paying the player?

cool idea.

Will be expensive. Excess for acls etc?!

What does the player get?

So the nrl offers Lucy say $500k and auctions him off for $900 to Canberra?
Pockets $400k? Wouldn’t Lucy get mad?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving this idea.
No, the NRL pays Leilua 500k and he is auctioned off to the highest bidder (rent) which could be say 20k. The rental cap would be far less money because the NRL is paying the player's salary, not the club.

TheRev

First Grade
Some people argue that Luciano was the Cowboys best forward last year, so im not sure its true that he doesnt earn his money... but if he cant defend for 80, hes probably best used off the bench, but he would be brutal doing it.. could also play in the middle if needed.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I think everyone would be happy for Luc to come home. But it’s got to be at the right price. We have Su’a who is a better player, we have young guys like Egan coming thru, so 2 yrs at 700 would be great for us, as the time and cost goes up it becomes not worth it for us, and we are better to save our cash for more critical positions.

thebigredv

First Grade
No complaint from me.
Asking about 150k too much. We may be desperate but allowing others to take advantage of that desperation just ensures more pain down the road. As angry I am that we can’t assemble a proper team, still have to maintain what dignity you have left.

Would have been a great injection to our 2024 campaign. Let’s hope he drops his price.