What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mojo

Bench
I expect Hunt’s comments in the media won’t go down at all well with Flanno. Let’s wait and see.
While I’m at it though:
I am sick to death of hearing that ‘Hunt is our best player‘. The best player in any RL team is the guy who inspires the rest of the team. Hunt is little more than a good individual opportunist attacking player, which means most of the time he’s pretty average. He also has some significant flaws in his game - especially for an experienced halfback. As a leader he’s considerably less than average.
It’s very interesting that he is publicly commenting on the next guy (Lomax) who wants to tell the coach what position he will accept or refuse to play. It’s not on! It screams of a shithouse attitude towards the club, the coach and the team. This isn‘t psych counselling guys. We don’t have the time, or the responsibility for that. These guys either have to change their own perceptions and attitudes or get out of the way. Personally, I strongly suspect Hunt is the central figure in this team’s ‘instability’. I don’t think he has any of the personal attributes to justify being the team captain and / or the so-called leader on the field.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Hunt would be the last person I would approach if I had the issues Lomax has. I said before that Lomax and his manager are the only ones that can shut this down either way. It is now a destabilising effect and its proving to be a bit of a gutless act by not coming forth and explaining yourself regardless of the direction you wish to take. All these stealth rumours are just f%$ked.

Parko1310

Juniors
Hunt would be the last person I would approach if I had the issues Lomax has. I said before that Lomax and his manager are the only ones that can shut this down either way. It is now a destabilising effect and its proving to be a bit of a gutless act by not coming forth and explaining yourself regardless of the direction you wish to take. All these stealth rumours are just f%$ked.
It is very destabilising unfortunately.. and its shit we as fans and Flano have to put up with this crap at a time we're so fragile and need to build upwards. There was at last some long-awaited optimism. Lomax, who claimed he'd be happy to play anywhere because "I just wanna win" during the off season has chucked his toys out of the cot as soon as he's not playing where he wants. Right at the start of the season. And then lets his management continue to take it all to the media. Its so selfish

thebigredv

First Grade
I expect Hunt’s comments in the media won’t go down at all well with Flanno. Let’s wait and see.
While I’m at it though:
I am sick to death of hearing that ‘Hunt is our best player‘. The best player in any RL team is the guy who inspires the rest of the team. Hunt is little more than a good individual opportunist attacking player, which means most of the time he’s pretty average. He also has some significant flaws in his game - especially for an experienced halfback. As a leader he’s considerably less than average.
It’s very interesting that he is publicly commenting on the next guy (Lomax) who wants to tell the coach what position he will accept or refuse to play. It’s not on! It screams of a shithouse attitude towards the club, the coach and the team. This isn‘t psych counselling guys. We don’t have the time, or the responsibility for that. These guys either have to change their own perceptions and attitudes or get out of the way. Personally, I strongly suspect Hunt is the central figure in this team’s ‘instability’. I don’t think he has any of the personal attributes to justify being the team captain and / or the so-called leader on the field.

I say good on Hunt for getting out there and previously voicing his concerns about our club. The faster it gets out there the faster we get a solution. In many scenarios things have to completely crumble before they can be built up again. Lomax can and will learn from Hunt's professionalism as, whether we like it or not, he is on another plane of ability than most of his team mates. I'm not commenting on his devotion to the club as that's clearly not his number 1 priority and therfore does not make him a great leader, but if you watch him play you wouldn't ever know it because he turns up and does his job. Look at RFM. One year ago almost to the day he was captain of the dogs and shedding tears for the club he loved. Then he conveniently goes missing in game 2 of the year after showing what he can do. That's the attitude that has let us down not the dog fighting attitude displayed by our captain on the field. I don't reccomend you rewatching Sunday's debacle but if you did focus on Ben you'd see him giving 100% while those around him crumpled. Anyone who's watched enough RL can see it. The fact that he hasn't delivered says more about those around him holding him back.

I guarantee you it will be Rava, Suli or Sloan or Bird or some dimwit prop that will put us on the back foot against the Cowboys if that's the way things are going to roll. Come on, you all know it. Why's Hunt the scapegoat?

Do I care if Hunt or Lomax do a runner? Honestly I don't. I want players that want to be there at the Dragons but to be honest if I were a professional first grade rugby league player I'd really have to think hard about joining this club for the longevity of my career. Look at our very sorry board. About as much passion as a dishcloth.

Let's put the anger where it belongs. I get the feeling Hunt's been the only captain that truly wants to be part of a premiership. He doesn't care where because realistically he will be retired before we return to semi-finals.

Mojo

Bench
I say good on Hunt for getting out there and previously voicing his concerns about our club. The faster it gets out there the faster we get a solution. In many scenarios things have to completely crumble before they can be built up again. Lomax can and will learn from Hunt's professionalism as, whether we like it or not, he is on another plane of ability than most of his team mates. I'm not commenting on his devotion to the club as that's clearly not his number 1 priority and therfore does not make him a great leader, but if you watch him play you wouldn't ever know it because he turns up and does his job. Look at RFM. One year ago almost to the day he was captain of the dogs and shedding tears for the club he loved. Then he conveniently goes missing in game 2 of the year after showing what he can do. That's the attitude that has let us down not the dog fighting attitude displayed by our captain on the field. I don't reccomend you rewatching Sunday's debacle but if you did focus on Ben you'd see him giving 100% while those around him crumpled. Anyone who's watched enough RL can see it. The fact that he hasn't delivered says more about those around him holding him back.

I guarantee you it will be Rava, Suli or Sloan or Bird or some dimwit prop that will put us on the back foot against the Cowboys if that's the way things are going to roll. Come on, you all know it. Why's Hunt the scapegoat?

Do I care if Hunt or Lomax do a runner? Honestly I don't. I want players that want to be there at the Dragons but to be honest if I were a professional first grade rugby league player I'd really have to think hard about joining this club for the longevity of my career. Look at our very sorry board. About as much passion as a dishcloth.

Let's put the anger where it belongs. I get the feeling Hunt's been the only captain that truly wants to be part of a premiership. He doesn't care where because realistically he will be retired before we return to semi-finals.
Fair enough. I’m listening. Both perspectives are probably true. Maybe he is a great guy with very genuine motivations. If Shakespeare was still around he’d be taking notes and working on his next tragedy.

steerlerbab

Juniors
I watched 360 and my understanding he is worth 800k but not as a winger. I then had a look at zerotackle site and he is listed on 700k for our club until 2026. I looked at some other centres in zerotackle side and found this:
Kotoni Staggs: 700k
Campbell Graham: 850k
Izack tago: 750k
So a top centre is worth around 700k to 850k. So looks to me he and his manager are after pay rise. That shows also in the field. He has not kicked the bucket. He has had two standout games for us. He is showcasing himself and his skills.
At the same time the club is after May brothers and don't forget Allan and Ramsey may both recover for next year too. There is also Tamale coming through the ranks from what I have heard he is a future first grader.
Summing up, I think, if we get Tylan May, Zac will be granted his wish. Will the Eels give him 800k?

If Lomax is not happy, put him back to centre and put Bird somewhere else -
That would be the sensible thing to do, yet Flanagan wont do it , creating more discontent. How has all this crap hit the fan now once the season has started, should've been sorted prior.

Sorry DD Suli yes but not Matt Fegai, please no. Leave him in Reggies where he is forming a good partnership with his brother. I say promote Sione Finau.

Lomax is a very good player, whether he thinks so or not. But his career has been stymied by having Hunt as his prime distributor. He'd be a super star in a team with clever play makers. Eels have Moses and they are hunting Lomax.

Mark my words, if we go on a losing streak Hunt will start his media dance again.
He has already started, is in the article. Spot on what you say about him. The guy has had a charmed life since coming here. Is made an instant millionaire , plays the position he wants not the one he is best suited to. Is handed the captaincy and is lauded by the press. Now anyone reading this and knowing nothing about league would be thinking. ''wow this guy must be a a champion, a superstar''. How wrong he/she would be.

Last edited:
Put the 2 of them in a boat and torpedo it
If what you say is correct and I believe it is then Lomax confided in Hunt, not said pass this on to the vultures. Lomax may be being a little big headed over the positional switch but he is a local junior, a bloody good player, popular with fans etc. Imho he has been treated disrespectfully by his coach. I say put Flanagan in that boat too.

Parko1310

Juniors
If what you say is correct and I believe it is then Lomax confided in Hunt, not said pass this on to the vultures. Lomax may be being a little big headed over the positional switch but he is a local junior, a bloody good player, popular with fans etc. Imho he has been treated disrespectfully by his coach. I say put Flanagan in that boat too.
Come on mate, this isn't the players' association. It's the Dragons. Why the hell are we supporting egotistical players over the club? If Lomax ends up going, you and I will be Dragons fans at the end of the day, not Lomax fans. It is clear to see Zac's CURRENT best position for THIS team is on the wing. We do not have the players below him to be confident in moving him back to centre and bringing up another winger. We do not have to bend to the demands of someone who has done literally nothing in this game. He has appeared in two finals games during his career, in a season where he contributed zero to the team getting to the finals, and only played in those games through injury. Thus far he has failed season in season out at centre. He has done absolutely nothing to warrant having a tantrum over being moved. If Lomax ends up going, then you can look at it two ways. We've either lost a good winger with an attitude problem and ego bigger than his standing in the game, or we've lost a bottom half of the competition centre with the same problems. If he only wants to play centre, we haven't lost much there. Treated disrespectfully my ass. He has achieved nothing

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Zac Lomaz is a big body- but doesn't have the big brain to go with it. My respect for him started to wane when he insisted on flick( rather than conventional) passing every time to Ravalawa- it was show off, mug lair stuff as passes went behind Rav or into touch. One of the few good decisions Hook made was to switch him away from the right centre position.
Then came the ridiculous pile on Frizzell- he was lucky Frizzell didn't knock him into Disneyland for that brain fart.
We now have a situation where he's retained his first grade position but not where he wants it. So what. Independent observers claim he's not in the top 20 odd centres at present so you would have to think NSW representative honours are unlikely for him ahead of Staggs, Crichton, Graham, Mitchell et al. However, after his standout performances on the wing, Freddy Fittler has publicly said he's a better wing than centre, he's reportedly fielded a call from Madge presumably about being on his radar for Origin.
Bottom line, Flanno may have done Lomax's career an almighty favour in terms of his profile. Meanwhile he stays on more than decent coin for the next 2 and a half years by which time he may have earnt a lot of money PLUS played Origin. Then he can start looking around as he will still be in his prime.
But no, he's run to his manager wanting a transfer- an ill advised move- as Flanno is very likely to play harder, the longer this drags on. Glass half full Zac- look at the positives.

BLM01

First Grade
If Lomax and Hunt both left tomorrow I would not give a shit. They are both toxic.
Jess Sergis saw the writing on the wall with him and I firmly believe she would not have left the dragons she only did to get as far away from him.
There are some pretty damning assumptions there especially you don’t know or met Zac or know his private life
I suppose easy targets bia social media

BLM01

First Grade
Zac Lomaz is a big body- but doesn't have the big brain to go with it. My respect for him started to wane when he insisted on flick( rather than conventional) passing every time to Ravalawa- it was show off, mug lair stuff as passes went behind Rav or into touch. One of the few good decisions Hook made was to switch him away from the right centre position.
Then came the ridiculous pile on Frizzell- he was lucky Frizzell didn't knock him into Disneyland for that brain fart.
We now have a situation where he's retained his first grade position but not where he wants it. So what. Independent observers claim he's not in the top 20 odd centres at present so you would have to think NSW representative honours are unlikely for him ahead of Staggs, Crichton, Graham, Mitchell et al. However, after his standout performances on the wing, Freddy Fittler has publicly said he's a better wing than centre, he's reportedly fielded a call from Madge presumably about being on his radar for Origin.
Bottom line, Flanno may have done Lomax's career an almighty favour in terms of his profile. Meanwhile he stays on more than decent coin for the next 2 and a half years by which time he may have earnt a lot of money PLUS played Origin. Then he can start looking around as he will still be in his prime.
But no, he's run to his manager wanting a transfer- an ill advised move- as Flanno is very likely to play harder, the longer this drags on. Glass half full Zac- look at the positives.
As great a player as he was the old Freddy’s judgment as a coach or commentator could come into question many times over
He was the one to name him the gifted one for future centre origin rep

Slippery Morris

First Grade
A lot of posts on here saying that they want players who want to play for the red V. Zac is definitely one of those. A local junior who bleeds red and white. I have listened to him a few times in the past and he always talks highly of the Dragons and how he loves playing for them. Something has gone off. Hunt threw him under the bus big time with that stupid article. That would have been said in confidence and not to be spread around to the media. A low act. Maybe Hunt blames Zac for Hook's departure I don't know but it was a low act. I feel they do not see eye to eye seeing one loved Hook and the other clearly didn't.

I found the article to be written so poorly I am surprised whoever wrote this is a journalist. The article starts off Hunt saying Lomax wants to leave and ends with Hunt saying "If he is not not happy, he is not showing it on the field".

I have heard from a source that Parra is chasing him really hard. They are tapping him up big time offering him big $$. That is probably why the manager is getting excited. They are now looking at Tamale to put pressure on Saints I feel to make a call on one or the other but their prime target is Lomax. Saints have every right to report this to the NRL and should regarding Lomax. I am surprised Flanno has not spoken to the NRL. Flanno is a smart coach and will not let Zac go unless he has a suitable backup.

Bird is 29 and injury prone. Why in the F*&k would you cater for Bird and not Lomax? If Lomax gets selected on the wing for NSW, I think the penny will drop for Zac and he may backflip and actually realise that Flanno is doing his career a huge favour. He has no chance of replacing Turbo, Latrell, Staggs, Crichton, Burton, Best and now Tago for the NSW centre spot. Where as on the wing he has the aging Addo-Carr and Toupo. Seriously, if Zac continues to play the way he is, a blues jumper is his 100%.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
A lot of posts on here saying that they want players who want to play for the red V. Zac is definitely one of those. A local junior who bleeds red and white. I have listened to him a few times in the past and he always talks highly of the Dragons and how he loves playing for them. Something has gone off. Hunt threw him under the bus big time with that stupid article. That would have been said in confidence and not to be spread around to the media. A low act. Maybe Hunt blames Zac for Hook's departure I don't know but it was a low act. I feel they do not see eye to eye seeing one loved Hook and the other clearly didn't.

I found the article to be written so poorly I am surprised whoever wrote this is a journalist. The article starts off Hunt saying Lomax wants to leave and ends with Hunt saying "If he is not not happy, he is not showing it on the field".

I have heard from a source that Parra is chasing him really hard. They are tapping him up big time offering him big $$. That is probably why the manager is getting excited. They are now looking at Tamale to put pressure on Saints I feel to make a call on one or the other but their prime target is Lomax. Saints have every right to report this to the NRL and should regarding Lomax. I am surprised Flanno has not spoken to the NRL. Flanno is a smart coach and will not let Flanno go unless he has a suitable backup.

Bird is 29 and injury prone. Why in the F*&k would you cater for Bird and not Lomax? If Lomax gets selected on the wing for NSW, I think the penny will drop for Zac and he may backflip and actually realise that Flanno is doing his career a huge favour. He has no chance of replacing Turbo, Latrell, Staggs, Crichton, Burton, Best and now Tago for the NSW centre spot. Where as on the wing he has the aging Addo-Carr and Toupo. Seriously, if Zac continues to play the way he is, a blues jumper is his 100%.
You forgot To’o who is the best and T Turbo may play wing just to fit him in like Hatune
Turuva is also being watched

Rocket Rod

Juniors
There are some pretty damning assumptions there especially you don’t know or met Zac or know his private life
I suppose easy targets bia social media
Maybe they are but his actions portray my assumptions as well as having BH act as his mouthpiece I find it all childish and entitled behaviour