What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
"I want to be honest here - my talks are with whoever wants to sign us three brothers'' (Terrell May).

Those are impressive stats. Why has he not played rep.
Only his second full season in the NRL this year. He almost gave the game away, and I think he actually did for a year at some point, and then decided he wanted to play and work hard. From memory he got let go at Penrith for being overweight, went to the tigers on a train and trial, gave the game away for a year, signed with Manly's reserves and then had the option to sign with Manly or the Roosters. Obviously he chose the Roosters and the rest is history

redVinme

Bench
Terrell May is basicly saying 'if you want me you have to also take my troublesome brothers'. Is this his way as a big brother of protecting them and seeing they stay out of trouble?
I mean he was still their brother when they did dumb shit and it didn't do anything... Sure he can keep an eye on them at training but why the hell should they need a minder as adults and sports professionals.

Terrell May looks an indigenous Aussie but evidently he and his brothers have Polynesian blood as he played for Samoa last year. I did wonder about his tats.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Once again... very glad we are in the conversation.. though I do hate that we are deadset the last option.. but one of these days we will land someone...

Almost seems inevitable now that said person has some sort of baggage though.. whether its Volkmans shoulder, RFM's coach drama and injuries, Leiluas police charge, unfit and 20kg overweight.. Nelson and whatever coach drama hes having.. think we have to just get them and hope that Flanno and co can get them on the straight and narrow... noting that its probably going to take 12mths to get some of these guys really dialled in for 1st grade.. Tuipuloto I think is another example of that.. diabolical in defence, needs a lot of work but has raw potential.

TheRev

First Grade
Why is the talk that if we get May, we need to release Lomax......Bullshit, sign May, his brother, keep Lomax and then keep searching to buy other quality First Graders. We are St George, we need to think big. Mediocrity shouldn't be in our DNA
Seperate transactions, I think the rumour of Nelson <> Lomax makes sense.. both players are on long contracts.

May brothers are both off contract this year, and its all about money.... no Lomax involved.

diabolical in defence,
Not in that footage posted where he chased down his runaway opponent and nailed him with a thumping tackle that forced him into touch and saved a certain try. Yes he is carrying too many kilos at present and will stay in Ressies for most of the season I expect.

Beware the contract year trap!

I predict the Mays will play out of their skins this year and get paid big money and never hit those heights again. Penrith and Easts will benefit from this year, but that won't be any consolation to the team that signs them.

On the other hand Frank Molo and Sua will be super motivated this year for us whether we manage to resign them or not. The game against the Dolphins is one of the worst I've seen Sua play. He'll be much better this week.

Parko1310

Juniors

NRL 2024: Dragons captain Ben Hunt confirms Zac Lomax wants to leave the club​

Dragons skipper Ben Hunt has confirmed unhappy star Zac Lomax wants out of the club, while also opening up on his own NRL future.
https://archive.md/Rlje3#share-tools
St George Illawarra skipper Ben Hunt has confirmed Zac Lomax wants out of the Dragons after confiding in the halfback about his future.
This masthead revealed Lomax was unhappy about being picked to start the season on the wing, instead of his preferred position at centre, and had earmarked a move to Parramatta.
The Dragons poured cold water over any switch, declaring Lomax would not be released this season.
Lomax, who is contracted until the end of 2026, and the Dragons put talks about his future on hold until round four but speculation refuses to go away.
Despite Lomax’s strong showing to start 2024, Hunt revealed the 24-year old would rather be playing at another club.
Dragons skipper Ben Hunt has confirmed Zac Lomax wants out of the Dragons, after the centre turned winger confided in his captain about his future. Picture: Getty Images

Dragons skipper Ben Hunt has confirmed Zac Lomax wants out of the Dragons, after the centre turned winger confided in his captain about his future. Picture: Getty Images
“Zac and I, we talk quite a bit. If he is unhappy, he is not really showing it to be honest. I’m aware that he does want to leave but he’s not showing he’s unhappy,” Hunt said.
“He’s getting around the place with energy. He seems like he’s enjoying himself to me, anyway. He’s playing really good footy. When he wants some advice, he knows I’m always happy to give it. He’s very open Zac and always asks for something if he needs it.”
While Hunt acknowledged Lomax does not want to be playing on the wing, the No.7 endorsed his credentials as an NRL winger.
“Whether he likes the position or not, he is doing a bloody good job of it,” Hunt said.
“I think he has been our best player in the last two weeks to be honest. I can’t fault either of his games. He definitely wasn’t the reason why we lost against the Dolphins, he had no part in that. He was one of our best up there.”
Lomax is facing a similar predicament over his future at the Dragons that Hunt has faced over the past 12 months.
Hunt insists he is staying put at the Dragons but admits he has concerns over the direction of the club. Picture: NRL Photos

Hunt insists he is staying put at the Dragons but admits he has concerns over the direction of the club. Picture: NRL Photos
The first signs of discontent appeared after the club sacked former coach Anthony Griffin, leading to Hunt telling Dragons officials he wanted out of his deal which runs until the end of 2025.
But like Lomax, new coach Shane Flanagan was reluctant to release the star and convinced Hunt to remain at the club, at least for this season.
When asked about his future, Hunt insisted he would be staying put.
“I’m here at the Dragons. I’ve put my head down in the pre-season, tried to stay quiet and work hard and try to get us back on track,” Hunt said.
“I felt like we were doing that but obviously had a big hiccup on the weekend but my focus is getting us back into the finals.”

Hunt did concede, however, the concerns he had over the direction of the club had reared once again after the side’s disappointing 38-nil loss to the Dolphins.
“It (concerns) always pops up in the back of your head whenever you have a loss no matter what, things like that try to creep in,” Hunt said.
“I’m staying positive, we’ve done a lot of work in the pre-season to be a better side. I think we are better than what we dished up against the Dolphins … just have to try and keep that negative stuff out.”

redVinme

Bench
Ben is the last person I want talking to or offering advice to Zac. He can defs f**k off if he doesn't want to be here though. They might say he isn't showing it at training but anytime a player doesn't want to be there it's gonna destabilize .Thought he could be a future captain but here we are.

Hunt insists he is staying put at the Dragons
Pity Lomax is not saying the same things Hunt is saying about him.
Is it only this, or is there something between Lomax and Flanagan we dont know about. I think there is. Does, Zac believe the new coach has messed him about over exactly which position he was to play this season. Then he ended up in a position he has not played in since his juniors to accommodate his mate, Bird. It certainly cant be about form as he has been incredible in the opening two games, by adopting a roving mission.

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

NRL 2024: Dragons captain Ben Hunt confirms Zac Lomax wants to leave the club​

Dragons skipper Ben Hunt has confirmed unhappy star Zac Lomax wants out of the club, while also opening up on his own NRL future.
1710912701768.png
Lomax: hey Benny…can I have a word? I have some concerns…I don’t want to play for the dragons anymore….

Hunt: ok…wait right here…*jumps on a call…hello…daily telegraph? You won’t believe the story I have for you!

GTFO