What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Cupper

Juniors
Schuster told he’s free to leave….worth a chat I think.

obviously not on anywhere near the coin he’s on now, but manly would surely be paying a fair chunk.

5/8

obviously not on anywhere near the coin he’s on now, but manly would surely be paying a fair chunk.

5/8
Flanagan would know whether he would be worth a look from his time at Manly.
No club will be taking him on at a full freight of $800K a season.
Manly will have to chip in $250K to $300K to find him a new home.

justadragon

Bench

5/8
Dont know what to think about this guy, somewhere between an enigma and mercenary, is he really a 5/8, is he really a ball playing lock, I think he struggles to know what he is, also a bit injury prone, could work for the right money I suppose.

TheRev

First Grade
Flanno will know Schuster personally, so if he thinks he can save him.. So be it.. But we would be paying less than half his salary.. Even then I'm not sure he can be bought around from the headspace that he's been in for years.. Hes barely nsw cup level.. I mean maybe he replaces max f or Russell.. But I would rather go after someone else at manly that Schusters contract makes it hard for them to keep.

He's so chubby now.. It won't be a fast turnaround from that..

justadragon

Bench
From the KOE cup game a few weeks ago against the Blacktown Workers, Schuster looked very overweight and lacked a lot of effort. If Flanno thinks he can fix his work rate and mindset so be it but from my pov it doesn't look very good.
Hasn't Flanno got enough to do already fixing the mental space of our current players without taking on another basket case.