What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Juniors
We are all saying put Sloan on the wing, you might want to have a look at last weeks game when he swapped with Lomax, he seemed just as lost there and let in at least one try in. Be careful what you wish for.
No we cannot put Sloan on the wing. His defense and size isnt enough for the wing. Hes improved so much but I dont want a repeat of that left edge style situation from last year.

dungay dragon

Juniors
There is a rumour that The Mole may have finally written a good sports article in saying that St GI officials should sit with Lomax during the contract cooling off period and try to reestablish a relationship in the hope of keeping him at the club.
Seemed really Odd to me during the Flanno Pressor that he was rather comfortable with the Lomax Departure
Making light hearted banter instead of concern
Our Skipper didnt come out rushing with support either
Club should make every opportunity for a last ditch effort to sort out this mess and keep him before the ink is dry on an Eels Contract
Still believe we are Not being told the whole story

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Seemed really Odd to me during the Flanno Pressor that he was rather comfortable with the Lomax Departure
Club should make every opportunity for a last ditch effort to sort out this mess and keep him before the ink is dry on an Eels Contract
Don't know if I'm being over the top, but there could be factions. In one of the videos the Dragons posted where Flanno was addressing the team a few days before the game, the team was sitting together but Lomax and Lawrie were sitting together a bit further away than some of the others which I found strange

Old Timer

Coach
If it is about the "war chest $$$$" and adding $850 k to it to entice some marquis players then the war chest $$$$ could have also been equally enhanced by keeping Lomax and letting Hunt go (he asked often enough) and that would have been IMO a far more sensible outcome all-round.

However I suspect the sad reality is that Hunt had nowhere to go and was not easily marketable where Lomax is and as funds are needed he is deemed expendable.

Lomax could very well be nothing more than collateral damage due the Hunt extension.

The worst scenario is Lomax gone war chest topped up and no significant signing for 2025 and that would be seriously criminal.

I suspect Hunt staying at 7 ensures Kyle F a position at 6 for the duration and that was influential in the decision making.

Hunt to 9 or out the door meant that the halves needed a total overhaul and no guarantees for anyone so that was never going to be in the plan.

justadragon

Bench
There is a rumour that The Mole may have finally written a good sports article in saying that St GI officials should sit with Lomax during the contract cooling off period and try to reestablish a relationship in the hope of keeping him at the club.
Fair enough but can some please tell me what the club has done wrong in this case. You play where the coach tells you to play, you should be happy playing in the NRL, and you should be ecstatic playing in the NRL for $800k plus a year. FFS lets just negotiate a deal with the ball boys just incase they want to go somewhere else.

Latest posts