What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
:(Proves Zac is not being mercenary over money. He is not being disloyal either as he bleeds red and white. His leaving is a protest over the way the club is being run.
Word then gets spread around like gastro and the whole world will know how bad the club is being run. No need to tell us Forumites as we have known this for yonks!!

Makes signing up anyone decent or even a plodder hard, which we also know about.:(

brissiedragon

Juniors
Proves Zac is not being mercenary over money. He is not being disloyal either as he bleeds red and white. He is leaving because he has had a gutfull over the way the club is being run.
How do you know what he's receiving from Parra, there are creative accounting ways that clubs remunerate players.
How do you know that he has had a gut full over the way the club is being run? There could be any number of reasons he is going and only Zac knows what weight those reasons are a factor in his decision to leave.

TheRev

Coach
I dont think we save this club without wowing a few players with overpayment.. Overpayment is the last of our concerns with our unspent salary cap..

Flanno seems firm though, he doesn't pay overs.. Or small overs if it's someone game changing.. But imo that won't get em here.. Im hoping Fulton brings a change of fortune (if we take him on), we need to get a couple of new blokes signed so others know it's 'ok'... There should be heaps of blokes on the market, but they all choose to stay put in reserve grade, instead of gambling their careers with us.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Word then gets spread around like gastro and the whole world will know how bad the club is being run. No need to tell us Forumites as we have known this for yonks!!

Makes signing up anyone decent or even a plodder hard, which we also know about.:(
Exactly!

How bad would it be at the club when one of your best players is happy to walk away and be paid a lot less to play elsewhere.

The optics are bad and it makes it impossible to recruit any quality/marquee signing.

justadragon

Bench
Exactly!

How bad would it be at the club when one of your best players is happy to walk away and be paid a lot less to play elsewhere.

The optics are bad and it makes it impossible to recruit any quality/marquee signing.
I can absolutely guarantee you no manager at all worth his salt would let a player walk for less money, there is more to this. As far as I'm concerned Lomax was being paid way overs and had 2.5 seasons to still be paid that amount. The Dragons have been good to Lomax, you get paid to perform not to judge how the club is being run or have personality clashes. He wasnt a very good centre, stats show he wasnt, I really dont care what happens to him after this season, and personally I think this whole saga is destabilising on the team, much like Hunt was. When he's gone it will be good riddance.

epDragon62

First Grade
I can absolutely guarantee you no manager at all worth his salt would let a player walk for less money, there is more to this. As far as I'm concerned Lomax was being paid way overs and had 2.5 seasons to still be paid that amount. The Dragons have been good to Lomax, you get paid to perform not to judge how the club is being run or have personality clashes. He wasnt a very good centre, stats show he wasnt, I really dont care what happens to him after this season, and personally I think this whole saga is destabilising on the team, much like Hunt was. When he's gone it will be good riddance.
I have to agree. Good luck to Zac but the Dragons are starting to pull together their act and I suspect that he hasn't taken blunt feedback well.

If Zac believes that he should already be playing for Australia he does not have good self awareness and he is likely to be more disappointed in years to come, even if her enjoys success.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Flanno didnt want zac on our books at anything over 700k, he knew that he has a fragile ego so he showed him (with statistical evidence) why he isnt in the top 20 or so centres, smart by flannagan. Flanno 1 Lomax - 0 for signing with a team that hasnt won a comp in 30 + years for less money because brad probably gave him a cuddle and told him how amazing his new nail polish looks which gave his ego a little boost. He has been playing good on the WING where the COACH decided he is best at. He is a sook and cant handle a coach like flanno, he needs a cuddle not a spray.

BLM01

First Grade
How do you know what he's receiving from Parra, there are creative accounting ways that clubs remunerate players.
How do you know that he has had a gut full over the way the club is being run? There could be any number of reasons he is going and only Zac knows what weight those reasons are a factor in his decision to leave.
Yes whatever the reasons, but what has gone down Zac will not be on Flannos XMAS card list or if there was a gift it would be a toy box

TheRev

Coach
What other fwit has done something like this to an ex teammate? Immature and full of himself get him in the ring with Friz
I will say that I see ex teammates do this stuff a few times a season, head rubs or bum slaps etc.. Nothing even gets mentioned.. Lomax did I guess go 1 step further, but I still think Fritz (who lomax thought was a mate) completely over reacted, as did the media..

KingFlanno7

Juniors
I will say that I see ex teammates do this stuff a few times a season, head rubs or bum slaps etc.. Nothing even gets mentioned.. Lomax did I guess go 1 step further, but I still think Fritz (who lomax thought was a mate) completely over reacted, as did the media..
Who?

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Need to see some evidence mate because o have never seen anything like it in my time.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Over react? Geez no more comment i might hurt some feelings here far out.

TheRev

Coach
Sheez I was making conversation, a counterpoint if you will... The whole nrl community exploded on zac that day.. I thought it was harsh at the time.

I dont keep track of who touches who, but I see head rubs in particular and they just get on with it usually.. Boys being boys and all.. Like I said zac went one step further but niggle is part of our game, in this instance Fritz reacted.