What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Being reported tonight that Dragons and Sua have not been able to agree terms for a contract extension….what’s the matter with this club… he’s our best forward by a country mile and we can’t afford to lose
If true, it doesnt suprise me one bit. As soon as Bennett was linked to souths it was almost a done deal he would follow him back.

hewi

Bench
I like this. From Foxs Sports

St George Illawarra have emerged as a major threat for the signature of young gun Parramatta local junior Blaize Talagi.

The Eels have tabled a three-year deal well in excess of $1 million to retain Talagi but the Dragons have been working hard behind-the-scenes to try and get a deal done for the last couple of months.

With Red V flyer Zac Lomax set to switch clubs and join the Eels to play in the centres next season the Dragons have told Talagi there’s a clear pathway straight into the Red V NRL side in the centres.

Crush

Coach
They really need to fix this mid season contract stuff and let the fans just enjoy their footy.
All we ever talk about is player movement.
Here we are mid season and the fans are talking about Lomax leaving, Su’a potentially leaving, where will JDB be next year, can we get Talagi from Parra.
Wouldn’t it be nice during the season to just enjoy footy?
NRL is a media circus.

offiah

Juniors
This I also like…

One of the best talent scouts in the game, the Dolphins’ Peter O’Sullivan, has a major decision to make.

The recruitment guru who unearthed the likes of Greg Inglis, Boyd Cordner, Roger Tuivasa-Scheck, Joey Manu, Latrell Mitchell and Isaiah Katoa is off contract with the Dolphins.

O’Sullivan has met with St George Illawarra chairman Andrew Lancaster and the Red V have tabled an offer to try and land the NRL talent scout.

The Dolphins are also at the negotiating table and working their way through whether O’Sullivan remains at the club or pursues another opportunity.

It would be a homecoming of sorts if O’Sullivan lands back at St George Illawarra with the recruitment guru starting his career with the St George Dragons many moons ago as an SG Ball coach.

Parko1310

Juniors
Per WA Today (Chammas): Crichton could earn more than $800,000 a season at a rival club, although the NSW and Australia back-rower may be prepared to accept slightly less to remain at Bondi Junction. Several clubs are watching the situation with interest, including the Dragons, Rabbitohs, Panthers and Knights.

The Dragons have registered an interest in Crichton after being unable to come to terms with their own off-contract back-row star Jaydn Su’a. The Red V remain hopeful Su’a will stay, although the parties have been unable to agree to terms despite months of negotiations.

If we don't get this deal done, what an absolute farce. The pay discrepancy is reportedly not much at all, just get the f**king deal done what is wrong with you people? The amount of money we have is absurd, just go a little higher

possm

Coach

RedVee

First Grade
Per WA Today (Chammas): Crichton could earn more than $800,000 a season at a rival club, although the NSW and Australia back-rower may be prepared to accept slightly less to remain at Bondi Junction. Several clubs are watching the situation with interest, including the Dragons, Rabbitohs, Panthers and Knights.

The Dragons have registered an interest in Crichton after being unable to come to terms with their own off-contract back-row star Jaydn Su’a. The Red V remain hopeful Su’a will stay, although the parties have been unable to agree to terms despite months of negotiations.

If we don't get this deal done, what an absolute farce. The pay discrepancy is reportedly not much at all, just get the f**king deal done what is wrong with you people? The amount of money we have is absurd, just go a little higher
Terrible optics if we let another slip through our grasp. Especially as he is already here and has been publicly professing that he wants to stay

Victoire

Juniors
They really need to fix this mid season contract stuff and let the fans just enjoy their footy.
All we ever talk about is player movement.
Here we are mid season and the fans are talking about Lomax leaving, Su’a potentially leaving, where will JDB be next year, can we get Talagi from Parra.
Wouldn’t it be nice during the season to just enjoy footy?
NRL is a media circus.
It'd be nice if our club could do it's business without it constantly playing out in the media. But we're apparently not capable of that (unless it's re-signing Michael Molo).... and I guess us fans perpetuate the cycle by clicking and reading and sharing these stories around. I've got that sinking feeling about Su'a now though...

Dragon David

First Grade
It'd be nice if our club could do it's business without it constantly playing out in the media. But we're apparently not capable of that (unless it's re-signing Michael Molo).... and I guess us fans perpetuate the cycle by clicking and reading and sharing these stories around. I've got that sinking feeling about Su'a now though...
It doesn't look good does it Victoire? I just think that while we do have money in the kitty to offer good coin to Su'A, his 3 or 4 year term might be a sticky point but besides this, like many players lately, they look at either being closer to family and friends, surroundings, lifestyle and the big one of course is being able to win games often and not now and then with a view to reaching the finals more or less every year. In sport, you play to win and while getting plenty of money is a huge incentive, it is the winning factor which in my days of playing competitive sport was my biggest aim.

Our club has been an up and down club for years now. Win one week then lose the next two and so on. Where is the fun in all of that? How long will it take SFlanno to get the club to be a consistent top 8 club, 2 years, 4 years, never? Will we be able to be top 4 regularly like the Panthers, Storm, Broncos, Roosters, etc? Good clubs might drop below top 8 one year but bounce back the following year. Will we be capable of that?

The reality to me going from our history is that we will go through struggles more than success but it is my choice to follow the Dragons for decades and I'll stick by them through thick and thin.

Last edited:

FlickFlano

Juniors
no one player is bigger than the club - over pay for one because he plays well and we return to top heavy unbalanced squads. Su'a has had an offer on the table higher than any other club is willing to pay for him. Him not signing is all on him not us.

Too many short term thinkers here unable to actually see a vision for the future ... like overpaying JDB for his sunset years f**k me. Allow a bloke with runs on the board to see through his vision.

In 3 years JDB wont be here, Flano will .. i am in with him not some "family first spouting merkin" whose issues stem wholly from not putting his family first years ago.

We need players who are 100% committed to us as a club who want to be with us through thick and thin, not wanting to take us for one last ride.

Mojo

Bench
no one player is bigger than the club - over pay for one because he plays well and we return to top heavy unbalanced squads. Su'a has had an offer on the table higher than any other club is willing to pay for him. Him not signing is all on him not us.

Too many short term thinkers here unable to actually see a vision for the future ... like overpaying JDB for his sunset years f**k me. Allow a bloke with runs on the board to see through his vision.

In 3 years JDB wont be here, Flano will .. i am in with him not some "family first spouting merkin" whose issues stem wholly from not putting his family first years ago.

We need players who are 100% committed to us as a club who want to be with us through thick and thin, not wanting to take us for one last ride.
All fair points you make but Sua and JDB are our best forwards. I think paying a bit of a premium for quality players is reasonable. Of course, JDB owes a lot to the club and we don’t know what sort of a premium Sua is seeking so I’m speculating just by discussing this as I have no idea what’s actually going on in these negotiations.

Latest posts