What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
If you have not already done so I recommend you listen to a podcast #Unfiltered Andy Raymond where he interviews Matt Cooper. 2 parts about 45 mins each.

Very interesting and Coops lets it all out. Why he did not go to the reunion, How Price was a rubbish coach which we all knew but he confirms it, how Doust & Millward on the board are absolute scum and knifed the poor bloke for being loyal. The one thing I found interesting is how Mary brought Coops back to the club to coach Duggan and Benji to teach them how to defend in the centres. This led to Duggan making NSW in the centres. Mary even wanted him to return and play. He was also going to leave in 2009 to go to England as he had a 3 year deal only for Wayne to talk him around to staying.

I really hope Coops can come back to the club in some capacity as he genuinely loves the club and all he wanted was to be a 1 club man. I just feels he was poorly treated by 3 individuals 2 which are still part of the board unfortunately.

He doesn't hold back, does he. I've read some criticism of his comments, but for me, he is calling a spade a spade. Anyone that has followed this club for longer than a few years would relate to his frustration.

RedVee

First Grade
If you have not already done so I recommend you listen to a podcast #Unfiltered Andy Raymond where he interviews Matt Cooper. 2 parts about 45 mins each.

Very interesting and Coops lets it all out. Why he did not go to the reunion, How Price was a rubbish coach which we all knew but he confirms it, how Doust & Millward on the board are absolute scum and knifed the poor bloke for being loyal. The one thing I found interesting is how Mary brought Coops back to the club to coach Duggan and Benji to teach them how to defend in the centres. This led to Duggan making NSW in the centres. Mary even wanted him to return and play. He was also going to leave in 2009 to go to England as he had a 3 year deal only for Wayne to talk him around to staying.

I really hope Coops can come back to the club in some capacity as he genuinely loves the club and all he wanted was to be a 1 club man. I just feels he was poorly treated by 3 individuals 2 which are still part of the board unfortunately.
Who is the 3rd person?
BTW Millward isn’t on the Board and hasn’t been for a long time

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Unfortunately I believe he is - shades of Barry Gomersell !

But back to the game , gawd I would give my pension cheque to anyone of our Blue boys to bury D.C.Evans head into the turf so as his legs were the only part of him showing .

Can’t stand the bloke .
DD he is a baby when it doesn’t gets his way. I live on the Northern Beaches I know hahaha.

Dragon David

First Grade
Then it is no wonder we have signing problems. To me much of our dramas are with Doust and he just makes life difficult for most. Ryles, Peter O'Sullivan, etc not coming - why would you when the Board is shit.

We have known this for a long time and that's what really is turning me off with this club.

I feel for Matt Cooper. Tough life as a kid with just his Mum looking after him and three siblings and surviving on her pension.

Played with pride for the club and helped us win our first premiership as a joint venture club and Doust does the dirty on him - the lying so and so.

I wouldn't want a bar of the club with those back stabbers in that boardroom. In fact I'm not caring much about the club at all now. Bastards.

Dragon David

First Grade
Looks like we can rule the Dragons out as a bidder for big Stefano U.
Sounds like the Tigers, Roosters, Dolphins and Storm are the main contenders in the bidding war so far.
Cannot see an $800K to $1M prop from what I have seen of him so far.
Flanagan has already indicated he will only spend up big for the right player.
It will be either the Roosters or the Storm, but the asking price would be a bit much for those clubs. It is what can be offered on top of a salary not more than $800K per annum that will win this guy who has great potential under an astute coach like Robbo or Bellamy.

I'm saying the Roosters.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Looks like we can rule the Dragons out as a bidder for big Stefano U.
Sounds like the Tigers, Roosters, Dolphins and Storm are the main contenders in the bidding war so far.
Cannot see an $800K to $1M prop from what I have seen of him so far.
Flanagan has already indicated he will only spend up big for the right player.

$1M and above salaries are for game changing spine players, not props IMHO. Cleary is a good example. He has it all. Would love Stefano but not at that price, and I hope he stays at the Tigpies rather than switch to the dark side of rorters, storm and dogs et all.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I usually have zero interest in Origin but watched last night for the first time in ages in the hope Slater would be given a huge dose of humble pie. Melbourne scum players never change - they're all scumbags and Billy was second only to Cameron Smith in the all time grub stakes. Glad to see his glass house shattered - at one point they showed him in the coaches box and it looked like he was about to start crying.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

What about an astute coach like Flanno?
Well that's where a POS comes into play.

Offer good money, show Flanno's record, combined with the opportunity to not only be a player involved in a winning culture but also be recognised as one of the players responsible for turning the club around.

He could earn heaps and be a club legend compared to signing with a juggernaut club where he is just one piece in the puzzle.

Hey dude - You know of Glenn Lazarus?

maestro1

Bench
Well that's where a POS comes into play.

Offer good money, show Flanno's record, combined with the opportunity to not only be a player involved in a winning culture but also be recognised as one of the players responsible for turning the club around.

He could earn heaps and be a club legend compared to signing with a juggernaut club where he is just one piece in the puzzle.

Hey dude - You know of Glenn Lazarus?
Yeh, why? He looks funny doing cartwheels.

possm

Coach
Just goes to show , even if you are the best halfback in the world and your forwards are getting pummelled, there is just nowhere to run or do anything. Nor did I see Mr Hunt trying to change the course of the game !!!
Yes, our top priority is two big props for next year. Then we need to:
1. Play Hunt at 6
2. Recruit a top 7.
3. Find a good fullback.
4. Replace Lomax like for like.
5. Find a good right center.

justadragon

Bench
Iro from the Sharks apparently signs with the Eels.
BT waiting to see who is selected as coach.

Recruitment and retention is about to go into hyper drive. A lot of moving parts before we get to know anything. A lot going on in the background.
Are we talking about Harran and Millward going into hyper drive ? hmm something doesn't make sense there :)