What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

two value signings by quick draw Wayno

hmmmm Fletcher definitely has some upside

Nice that Wayno had the inside running the POS at the Dolphins last couple years and hit list to work off from this year
Are you thinking of Fletcher Sharpe Who is currently playing fullback for the Knights?

Dragon David

First Grade

two value signings by quick draw Wayno

hmmmm Fletcher definitely has some upside

Nice that Wayno had the inside running the POS at the Dolphins last couple years and hit list to work off from this year
It just amazes me how quick Bennett gets things done. He would have got Mark Ellison who is the Head of Football at Souths and is responsible for all on-field requirements of the Club including coaching, recruitment, retention, player development, pathways and NRL team management and has been at Souths for decades, to sign up these guys plus Euan Aitken and Lewis Dodd plus others no doubt. There was no need for him to get Souths to hire Peter O'Sullivan as Ellison and Bennett have worked together previously.

Why can't we do things as quickly?

Dragon David

First Grade
Are you thinking of Fletcher Sharpe Who is currently playing fullback for the Knights?
No, it is Fletcher Myers who is a centre. Fletcher Sharpe is currently playing fullback for the Knights with Ponga out injured. David Armstrong did have a couple of runs at fullback for the Knights but O'Brien the coach preferred Sharpe now to be the fullback so Armstrong has signed to play for Leigh Leopards in the Super League.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
Imo you're paying Stefano $1mil in the hope you can develop him into a top 3 FRF. I'd take the punt since we're not really going to be tying up salary cap elsewhere apart from Hunt who is likely to retire in 2 years.
You don’t pay a million bucks for someone hoping they become a top 3 in position . They are already there to get that kind of coin. We can do better

TheRev

First Grade
If we have offered the ~950k, I reckon for sure it will be a shorter 2yr deal or similar.. similar to what we did with Su'a, Sloan etc... this is a calculated risk from Flanno.. win-win for Stefano.

imo fans dont see the actual cost of doing nothing.. doing nothing and falling down the ladder further... which we could easily do next year as the tiges/titans/parra/souths start to improve. After that add in recruitment competition from the 18th, 19th and 20th teams... things wont get easier.

Also, doing nothing wont suddenly bring in the tier of players the fans are after.. we havent just been unlucky for the last 50 recruitment attempts turning us down.. if we want to pick the best fruit.. we have to keep crawling up the ladder first.

It's why Flanno has so many short-contracts... he wants players hungry, and he wants the roster malleable so he can keep throwing another layer of clay on top, until one day we look back and what do you know.. hes built a competitive roster with all those small changes.

We have money to spend, and any short-term success = long-term success.. people didnt really believe it until Gould proved it to them at the dogs... juniors alone cant save you.. you need the 1st grade team firing first.

Having said all that.. maybe its NAS or some other random prop that we are hunting.. same thing applies though!

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
No, it is Fletcher Myers who is a centre. Fletcher Sharpe is currently playing fullback for the Knights with Ponga out injured. David Armstrong did have a couple of runs at fullback for the Knights but O'Brien the coach preferred Sharpe now to be the fullback so Armstrong has signed to play for Leigh Leopards in the Super League.
Yes i know, but i was perplexed as to why everyone is saying that Fletcher Myers is such a great signing thats souths have made, thought maybe that AG mixed the players up and was basing his opinion on Sharpe, anyway im sure if we signed Myles the club would be copping a bagging..

TheRev

First Grade
I was actually a bit sad Armstrong left for the UK.. it would have put an enormous amount of pressure on the Knights to retain 'someone else' whether it was Sharpe or another..

I've realised that our best chance of building is our roster is less people leaving the NRL... which is why the rorters annoy me, they always find a way for their players to retire or go to rugby...

Latest posts