What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
Am hearing it is a five year deal, same as Tigers.
Yah my hypothesis of 1mil short term contract didnt come off.. but tbf this isnt a 32yr old close to retirement.. all 5 years will be prime front rower years.

I dont think Stefano could turn into a Lawrie, the money is actually not that far off what front rowers are earning in the game now, even at his worst he seems a mile in front of our other options bar JDB whos close to retirement, and there is plenty of room for couchies.

If for some reason he did want to leave after 2yrs, and someone is willing to pay the contract.. I think thats ok.. we have to bridge this short-term gap until a) juniors start to arrive and b) we have built a roster that can attract other decent players externally.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Talagi isn't what he's made out to be in my view. Won't be sad to not see him at the Dragons
He wasn’t great last night. But that’s the thing with 19 year olds. Rocks and Diamonds games…. Much like the much maligned Sloan who is getting better and stronger, but still only 21.
Not sure Talagi is worth $600k but the market is pretty crazy at the moment.
We need a centre, and he looks to have more upside than Bird.. considering we have let Tamale go.

Gardenia

Juniors
He wasn’t great last night. But that’s the thing with 19 year olds. Rocks and Diamonds games…. Much like the much maligned Sloan who is getting better and stronger, but still only 21.
Not sure Talagi is worth $600k but the market is pretty crazy at the moment.
We need a centre, and he looks to have more upside than Bird.. considering we have let Tamale go.
We had a Centre but put him on the wing - granted he has been killing it on the wing but it's very odd. Look I hope I wrong but I don't think this kid is ever coming to us and just his mgr. playing the game to get a better deal at Parra. Or there is an offer elsewhere. AFB was bad enough, but I'll be damned if we let a 19-year-old kid embarrass the club.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
We had a Centre but put him on the wing - granted he has been killing it on the wing but it's very odd. Look I hope I wrong but I don't think this kid is ever coming to us and just his mgr. playing the game to get a better deal at Parra. Or there is an offer elsewhere. AFB was bad enough, but I'll be damned if we let a 19-year-old kid embarrass the club.
I am not a huge Talagi supporter, but he will be a good player. Regardless of whether it’s with us.

If you are referring to Lomax, he is a 10 times better winger than he is a centre. Just look at his stats and performance this year. It’s a shame he hasn’t played like this with us for his whole career.

Gardenia

Juniors
I am not a huge Talagi supporter, but he will be a good player. Regardless of whether it’s with us.

If you are referring to Lomax, he is a 10 times better winger than he is a centre. Just look at his stats and performance this year. It’s a shame he hasn’t played like this with us for his whole career.
Yep. I do not know whether to be sad he is going, or annoyed he hasn't put in for us like this for the duration of his career with us.

Sage63

Juniors
Yep. I do not know whether to be sad he is going, or annoyed he hasn't put in for us like this for the duration of his career with us.
I really can't agree with your statement.... "he hasn't put in for us for the duration of his career".
I reckon he's tried his best, but remember, he was playing Center, outside some of the worst halves combinations you can imagine.
and to his credit, Flanno has identified his attributes for the wing position, and they've been exploited to the fullest.
hats off to Flanno!