What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Flanno has identified his attributes for the wing position,
Attribute and it is one he has always had since his U20 days. His uncanny ability to use his god given athleticism and agility to leap in the air and take bombs AFL style. Only difference being that at wing he has more room and time on his hands to measure his run. Zac is also safe under the long kicks too that is today a major part of a wingers makeup..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I am still not sold on the hype as Lomax on the wing..
He plays better than centre as does not have to set his outside man up
It is his best position for us and he is doing a good job for us, in good confident form and does a lot of work

But..I have even heard some media say he is the best winger in the game ATM...cough cough..please
Look he is competitive and great leaper for a high ball and takes a lot of hit ups for settlers
Does he;
score tries under pressure in the corner by diving...no, carries the ball in the wrong arm and does not have the acrobatics other wingers have and his timing of his dives are not quite there yet
Does he beat other wingers for pace in a chase or if in the clear..not really
Does he make clean breaks from the backfield in his hit ups..not really
Great defender?.. gets caught in field a bit and gets burned outside or from a step inside

Sorry not on the hype bus..there is more to wing play than leaping and hit ups
Agree BLMO1- not the fastest/ strongest runner nor the most elusive or the best reader of play in defence. However is also showing signs of maturity and intelligence (eg putting the foot out from a kick off to create an out on the full penalty in Origin 2) and his improvement curve is strongly upwards. At age 24, the Eels are getting a bargain and are probably pinching themselves.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree BLMO1- not the fastest/ strongest runner nor the most elusive or the best reader of play in defence. However is also showing signs of maturity and intelligence (eg putting the foot out from a kick off to create an out on the full penalty in Origin 2) and his improvement curve is strongly upwards. At age 24, the Eels are getting a bargain and are probably pinching themselves.
I think they are paying market value

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Flanno has done all the hard work for the incoming Eels coach. If Flanno does not move Zac to wing and he has a blinder then the new coach will have no issues moving Zac to wing now with him agreeing to it and not spitting chips. You would think playing centre would be his key reason for moving to the Eels when he signed but not anymore.

Geez I hope we can land Blaize. It will be a great little rivalry between the 2 teams for years to come. Eels junior v Saints junior playing for the opposite teams. It will make the Lomax move a little more bearable because at the moment it is pretty sad seeing Saints have nothing in return in terms of quality.

Dragon David

First Grade
Flanno has done all the hard work for the incoming Eels coach. If Flanno does not move Zac to wing and he has a blinder then the new coach will have no issues moving Zac to wing now with him agreeing to it and not spitting chips. You would think playing centre would be his key reason for moving to the Eels when he signed but not anymore.

Geez I hope we can land Blaize. It will be a great little rivalry between the 2 teams for years to come. Eels junior v Saints junior playing for the opposite teams. It will make the Lomax move a little more bearable because at the moment it is pretty sad seeing Saints have nothing in return in terms of quality.
Newcastle Knights reported to be very keen to get Blaize and Peter O'Sullivan will be trying to get him across. Talagi's manager is Isaac Moses who also is Adam O'Brien's as well. Moses was able to get O'Sullivan from the Dolphins so that he could join up with the Knights.

denis preston

First Grade
Having his best year with us but he was NEVER worth 850k for 25/26.Agree Eels getting him for market value. Still doesn’t make sense.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Newcastle Knights reported to be very keen to get Blaize and Peter O'Sullivan will be trying to get him across. Talagi's manager is Isaac Moses who also is Adam O'Brien's as well. Moses was able to get O'Sullivan from the Dolphins so that he could join up with the Knights.

Moses is also Flannos Manager ;) ;)

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Having his best year with us but he was NEVER worth 850k for 25/26.Agree Eels getting him for market value. Still doesn’t make sense.
Lomax was signed as a centre (and maybe) wing by Parramatta for a rumoured $650-700k. He'll probably play for Australia in the next twelve months. Tago at Penrith who's a Samoan rep centre (wacky do) is on $750K and doesn't kick goals or field goals. These things are all comparative but on that comparison alone, I stand by my comments that the Eels got a bargain.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors

I'd be shocked if he ended up there. The Knights have absolutely zero cap space, essentially they have to shed a fair amount off their cap next season before they can sign anyone (which they will have to do in order to fill their top 30).

Latest posts