What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think Saifiti has really good potential under Flanno. He has played some good games in the past and the time he spent in Origin he was pretty good.

Saints should get both the Saifiti bros. Then they can have the Molo's. Couchmans, Feagai's and Saifiti's brothers all playing together. Halangahu's coming up through the ranks as well.

TheRev

First Grade
I think Saifiti has really good potential under Flanno. He has played some good games in the past and the time he spent in Origin he was pretty good.

Saints should get both the Saifiti bros. Then they can have the Molo's. Couchmans, Feagai's and Saifiti's brothers all playing together. Halangahu's coming up through the ranks as well.
Finau brothers also, Talagi has a younger brother... the Rumbles.. something about 2 boys in a family lol.

TheRev

First Grade
The west tigers prop forward Finau is doing better stats than stefano last few games

this move by Flanno has to be perfect 👌
Why are there so many 5 letter 'f' surnames that sounds the same.. keeps tripping me up also... but yes Samuela Fainu, i reckon hes the one.. he is a NSW 2nd rower in 2-3yrs imo.. I do not get why they keep picking Olakau'atu, hes like a slug in comparison.

Why are there so many 5 letter 'f' surnames that sounds the same.. keeps tripping me up also... but yes Samuela Fainu, i reckon hes the one.. he is a NSW 2nd rower in 2-3yrs imo.. I do not get why they keep picking Olakau'atu, hes like a slug in comparison.
I also have a 5 letter 'f' surname, but it's of Irish decent and sounds very simple but unique.

I struggle so much with current footballer's names I just give them nick names - like 'Ravalawa' was 'Ravioli' in my household for years!
My son, being an international soccer fan, can pronounce every name from any country in both EPL and NRL.

When he talks NRL footy the names just roll off his tongue and leaving me asking - Who??

How the hell do you pronounce 'Olakau'atu' let alone remember it :)

jak

Bench
“ Holy ‘ forward-pass ‘ Batman , does he think his John Wittenberg and Artist Beetson all rolled into one ? “ 🤔

1 million per season for a 24 year old wannabe - no thanks Flanagan will find a far more suitable purchase/s for that sort of money. Perhaps a hard rugged pommy prop who has tremendous ball skills , just a thought .
well said alfred

St Tangles

Bench
Probably the Storm, Roosters or Panthers entered the race and Saints simply just said knew it would be a waste of time. Panthers have Fisher Harris money and Roosters have JWH cash lying around so surely they would be interested and would get Stefano for the price they want not Stefano.
Didn't JWH sign for a pie and coke on his last contract just to play for the Roosters?

hewi

Bench
From the Tele

St George Illawarra have made the strategic decision to withdraw their interest in pursuing talented Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu.
The omission of the Dragons from the negotiation table will increase the hopes of rival clubs the Storm and Raiders, who are planning to meet with 24-year-old.
Wests Tigers also haven’t ruled out retaining Utoikamanu.
After assessing the market and their own salary cap, St George Illawarra opted against tabling an offer or asking to meet the powerful prop.
“There’s no denying Stefano is a wonderful talent, but so that we don’t waste anyone’s time we’ve opted to turn our focus elsewhere both internally and externally,’’ Dragons coach Shane Flanagan told this masthead

maestro1

Bench
Yes, the Roosters are so "kissed on the dick" as you put it that we win every penalty count in every game :rolleyes:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree as I don't think either of us is going change their view :)
The Roosters back their defence and will sail close to the edge with giving away penalties and 6 agains. Especially on early tackles and especially when defending their tryline. That is why they give away a lot of penalties and 6:agains. Des Hasler when at Manly had the same philosophy.
Also, they aren't the most disciplined bunch, especially JWH and Victor. Where they are "kissed on the dick" is with players like JWH who should have served more suspension time instead of repeated fines. Ravalawa got 8 weeks in total for two beautiful chest hits that were text book classic and now got 4 weeks for calling a touchie a cxnt. Also the Captain's challenges and the bunker involvement are other areas where the Roosters get a lot of joy.

maestro1

Bench
I'm sick of hearing that players want to go to the roosters because they are such a well run club ....Bullshit, they all want to go their because they know that they will be financially set up for life. That's it in a nutshell. All the other narrative is (as my Greek mates would say) SCATA (crap). Anasta said it on live NRL360, he still rings Politis for advice today. He has been retired for 10 + years.

It is no coincidence that Fittler, SBW, Cronk, Mitch Pearce, Anasta, Fletch and Keary (when he returns from O/S) all have careers on either Foxtel or Channel 9. The odds of 7 ex-Roosters all ending up in the media if not nepotistically inserted there by Uncle Nick and Gyngell would be huge. There is your "kissed on the dick". But it is blatant corruption and the NRL needs to hold 9 and Fox to account. There should be equal representation by all 17 clubs with these media careers. Otherwise stop bleating that the Salary cap is a talent evener across all teams. TPAs are also another place where Easts are "kissed on the dick". There are so many tripping over themselves to assist Uncle Nick and they provide the top up that gets the players to sign. Not the fxcking "it's such a well run club and I'll take less to play there". Anybody who believes this is a fxcking moron. Let's call a spade a spade.......it's the money. It's nearly ALWAYS the money. And it is an insult to everyone's intelligence to even suggest otherwise.

justadragon

Bench
From the Tele

St George Illawarra have made the strategic decision to withdraw their interest in pursuing talented Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu.
The omission of the Dragons from the negotiation table will increase the hopes of rival clubs the Storm and Raiders, who are planning to meet with 24-year-old.
Wests Tigers also haven’t ruled out retaining Utoikamanu.
After assessing the market and their own salary cap, St George Illawarra opted against tabling an offer or asking to meet the powerful prop.
“There’s no denying Stefano is a wonderful talent, but so that we don’t waste anyone’s time we’ve opted to turn our focus elsewhere both internally and externally,’’ Dragons coach Shane Flanagan told this masthead
That is a wonderful response from Flanno, one would hope that POS saw it or heard it, slimy prick, did nothing but waste the Dragons time.

Latest posts