What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Stay strong Nutz, man your roster will/does sh*t on ours, you just dont have the coach to get them firing, lets see how that pans out over the next year or 2.. but with Richo pulling the strings and quality players that keep coming, you are laughing.. we couldnt sign any of the blokes you (and the dogs) have in the last few years.. and we have been trying... not to mention the ones coming in 2025 i.e. Luai and Turuva).

Your young blokes are future rep players, holy sh*t.. they will still be there in 5yrs time.. we have literally noone like that bar the Couchmans who play a few minutes off the bench currently, we are full of journeymen, we just have a good coach who is squeezing the lemon.
Sounds like you would be much happier supporting the Tigers.

Dragon David

First Grade
While Lomax's situation with his signing at the Eels was that he wanted to box and this was included in the contract and therefore his salary for playing with them is about $200K less than what he would have got from us, Talagi's situation is that he would go to the highest bidder with a handful of first grade games. I suppose Isaac Moses, his manager, will make sure he makes a decent profit out of any deal made.

May the best club get him. Will he be worth it?

TheRev

First Grade
If the panthers are in for Talagi to replace May/Turuva/Luai.. I think we are in trouble.. that said we will assumably be offering more.. or I hope we are.

I still reckon keeping the brothers together is worth a lot to a family like that.. versus having both your kids suddenly 3hrs apart. But im not sure why other clubs wouldnt be happy to take an aus school boy prospect onboard also..

Unusual shape for a prop, but still very young:
1721086434825.png

Last edited:

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
If the panthers are in for Talagi to replace May.. I think we are in trouble.. that said we will assumably be offering more.. or I hope we are.

I still reckon keeping the brothers together is worth a lot to a family like that.. versus having both your kids suddenly 3hrs apart. But im not sure why other clubs wouldnt be happy to take an aus school boy prospect onboard also..

Unusual shape for a prop, but still very young:
View attachment 91123
Do you think they are really in for Blaize? Maybe they are, and I'm wrong, but they have the Mclean brothers who they think very highly of (and will cost far less)

TheRev

First Grade
Do you think they are really in for Blaize? Maybe they are, and I'm wrong, but they have the Mclean brothers who they think very highly of (and will cost far less)
Good point on the McLeans, atleast 1 of them look close to first grade ready, the other would be good injury backup... they are replacing 3 players in May, Turuva & Luai.... Blaize covers all 3 positions.. and they have money to burn.

No idea where Wolfy's info came from or how serious their interest is.. but they are a tough to compete with.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Good point on the McLeans, atleast 1 of them look close to first grade ready, the other would be good injury backup... they are replacing 3 players in May, Turuva & Luai.... Blaize covers all 3 positions.. and they have money to burn.

No idea where Wolfy's info came from or how serious their interest is.. but they are a tough to compete with.
Fair point - Penrith would definitely be tough to compete with if they truly are interested.

TheRev

First Grade
He also said in the off season how tigers were 2 years ahead of us in terms of rebuilding recruitment and getting themselves off the bottom and that they do have a better roster than us?
Not sure that’s so accurate at the moment.it even was!
I didnt bother responding to the previous jibe, it would be like saying I prefer the roosters squad, so ill go support them.

If the Tigers had of recruited Flanagan instead of Benji.. this forum would be blowing up.

Chammas on the Footy Show last night said Ryda was seen leaving Ivan Cleary's house with his manager.
No mention if they are also interested in Blaize.

BLM01

First Grade
I didnt bother responding to the previous jibe, it would be like saying I prefer the roosters squad, so ill go support them.

If the Tigers had of recruited Flanagan instead of Benji.. this forum would be blowing up.
I reckon we would..because we would of been left with no-one or a rookie
But you were articulating at the time Tigers were miles ahead of us in the rebuild process which I at the time debated that and still would...but that is MO