What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
How often does that club do it Auntie, getting no names from other clubs and turning them into stars.
I think the Storm has a very rigorous fitness regime and strong standards set for each individual player and are given key targets to suit the tough system they have in place down there. Even if they sign a marquee player, he is given a set target to achieve no matter what he knows or what his reputation is. A not so brilliant player, and they have quite a few in the squad, are given drills and KPI's to fulfil before they can be considered for first grade and they all know what they have to do.

That club has a blue print of how to play the game the Storm way and their system just allows the new players to adjust and play to that system. Bellamy would no doubt have had a hand in it and over time have fine tuned it. A player like Stefano for instance isn't brilliant but has the makings of a very good player under the Storm system. Look at Meaney. He was ok with initially the Knights and the Dogs but now under the Storm's/Bellamy's way, he plays so much better and of course young Tyran Wishart who looks the real goods.

I really envy what they have done (yes I know they have cheated the salary cap a few times and they did bring in some dicey tackling methods) but to be able to be in the top 8 and top 4 on a regular basis is unbelievable. That is why Bellamy keeps coaching that team, he knows he will have success even though it still would be hard work.

Dragon David

First Grade
We so desperately need to invest in speedy outside backs. The Feagais may be playing better but we will never really threaten if they are in our front line plans.
It's been absolutely ages since we have had a few speedsters in our team. One definitely at fullback, one needed on the wing, a fast centre, quick halves, and maybe and fast edge forwards. You just cannot beat speed over grass (hehehe!).

Dragon David

First Grade
I feel so sorry for the Phins
Beaten by the mother of all chins.
Yeah, the Panthers grinded their way back into the game to draw it and then they have bloody Big chin kicking that field goal over what 50 metres for a two pointer to win in golden point.

Tough game coming up against them next weekend with all their rep players back except for Edwards.

Lennyb

Juniors
Flanno needs the raw materials.. DSaifiti with some work and a fresh start.. I think hes a big improvement over Lawrie at the mimimum.. although I understand hes not the AFB/NAS signing we all wanted.

NAS seems like hes gonna be very hard to pin down with the whole rugby option also.. if the Storm sign Stefano.. maybe..

It doesnt help that we have this run of brutal games coming, im expecting to be humbled.
If we win one of the next two. We are in the finals.

The confidence that will bring.

I cant get to the Gong, but damn I wish I could.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Dont believe everything you read. Some money went towards Cook and other potential signings
Dont be surprised if we have pursued VH if the Talalgi Soap Opera doesnt go our way
The Val Holmes saga is still bubbling along at the Cows
Young Purdue , an outstanding talent , has won the centre spot with Holmes relegated to wing
The Cows have some other crack youngsters they are desperate to lock up , and VH only has next year to go on his contract
A close friend to Flanno , and who can cover FB Wing Centre and an exc goal kicker
Current Origin player at 28 would be well worth locking up ...

Last edited:
We so desperately need to invest in speedy outside backs. The Feagais may be playing better but we will never really threaten if they are in our front line plans.
I love the idea of the Feagais (Dragons juniors and nice guys) becoming household names but you are deadset correct. Even at their best they can't be the fast and damaging wing/centre that we see elswhere in the comp and that we really need. Would have been better off keeping Lomax and Rav by quite some margin.

I'd keep Matt around for depth but that is it. I think we have conceded defeat and now we need to scramble to make room.

Another year looming where we don't have the cattle.

By all reports Talagi looks most likely to stay at Eels and is being offered Gutherson's spot.

TheRev

First Grade
Dont be surprised if we have pursued VH if the Talalgi Soap Opera doesnt go our way
Young Purdue , an outstanding talent , has won the centre spot with Holmes relegated to wing
The Cows have some other crack youngsters they are desperate to lock up , and VH only has next year to go on his contract
A close friend to Flanno , and who can cover FB Wing Centre and an exc goal kicker
Honestly its such a good fit its crazy... if Blaize doesnt work out perhaps Flanno will push a bit harder on that one.. someone mentioned we did have other players we were chasing in the background but it depended if we got our first choices.. I think that included Stefano at the time as well.

John moz

Juniors
Rav over matt any day we have let go of lomax now rav what a complete joke .
Now we want to sign another forward that a club wants to release.
Sign a frigging marquee player what salary cap space we let go of lomax on 800.
000 we need a centre and to replace not a junior that hasn't performed in Nrl .

blacksafake

First Grade
Wouldn’t be against this but Jesus he’s got bad hands at times.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Honestly its such a good fit its crazy... if Blaize doesnt work out perhaps Flanno will push a bit harder on that one.. someone mentioned we did have other players we were chasing in the background but it depended if we got our first choices.. I think that included Stefano at the time as well.
Heard Stefano previously went cold on us and we reacted
Now app the interest has been re jigged
Sounds like now he just wants to go to the highest bidder
The more accomplished sides like the Storm may not have offered as much as he was hoping

dungay dragon

Juniors
Rav over matt any day we have let go of lomax now rav what a complete joke .
Now we want to sign another forward that a club wants to release.
Sign a frigging marquee player what salary cap space we let go of lomax on 800.
000 we need a centre and to replace not a junior that hasn't performed in Nrl .
Thinking there maybe more to the Rav release

Latest posts